New Forum my opinion

Autopsy today,
Needs a bit of work to master but will be fine
To add attachments, I haven’t found yet

Maybe on clicking on this symbol
try

Only for pictures
Not for attached files

We’ll adapt :slight_smile: The search function is a lot better and the ability to like a post is great. There’s certainly some nice added features so getting the hang of it. Glad to have you around a bit more.

1 Like

So far I have found this solution

You are right because the Mods who are as us discovering the new layout haven’t yet allowed other file extensions. I’ve found the explanation on Discourse site Can I upload attachments? - #2 by codinghorror - discourse - Discourse Demo

Any specific ones we should enable? It’s just the default set for discourse now which is image formats.

I would say the same than in the previous forum but I think the Mods are more able than me to name the appropriate extensions.

well, after sometime, i could finaly reset my password and enter the forum and for my surprise it sux.

my opinion, this new forum is horrible to navigate and find topics.

honestly, please, when you guys release a new cis version, show it on the main page as ill no longer waste time on trying to find something on this mess new forum. sorry but thats my opinion.

I did so, now I’ll try it!

Done! Many thanks!

I like the new forum more and more.

1 Like

I pinned the topic to get your feedback on the new forum.
The goal is to provide information to administrators who have mastered the forum on programming
Arrangements according to the possibilities will be studied and allocated
Thank you for your understanding
ZorKas

I felt the same way at first. Humans are creatures of habit. But with “Categories” you have a better overview and with your avatar you can find rapidly your visited pages.

grafik

This not a Forum by any means. Sorry that you have switched to something trendy and awful.

Hi Pixo1,
I confirm it, it’s not easy but it requires adaptation with a small investment by the user to understand how this new forum works

• like it or not
  • The change in the next version of Comodo will probably be in the same misunderstanding with feedback of the same type I think

Thank you for understanding the evolution, I myself try to adapt …
ZorKas

1 Like

ZorKas hi, as a pro webmaster, i assure you i know all the modern scripts trying to immitate a forum. And i do not want to adapt to every ■■■■ script that is trendy. A Forum is a Forum. What i see here (and in a lot of other places) is not what it should be. We have facebook for that kind of chat.

Sorry but i won’t adapt as you say to something designed for kids. A support Forum is something like the one you had (but updated).

good luck to everyone.

(edit: tried to log out, freezed, nothing happened. I refreshed, i was out. Utter ■■■■, sorry)

nice someone or something changed even my User name inhere from:Frustrated User to Frustrated_User1, no wonder that I wasn’t able to log in.

new forum but still the 3 years old CIS with over 55 known bugs…congrats you realy made progress-sarcasm offf

I share your point of view. The new layout is not really fit for a help forum which must be structured and easy to use. The new layout is for discussion and chat about an article, the weather, the new whichever you want but not for help on technical matter.

Do tell me what the previous forum software could do this one can’t? (You will be surprised :wink: ).

I have an SMF forum latest version 2.1.3
ZorKas
It’s really a good Open Source product with lots of possibilities
Comodo decided to change to a Discords forum so I’m trying to adapt
I am waiting for the new version of Comodo which I think will also have to be adopted by the user
I am a retired electronics maintenance technician (69 years old) but always on the lookout for new things so as not to lose track too much, it’s a way of trying to keep youth for me.
Thank you for your opinion

3 Likes