New Forum my opinion

I just discovered the new Comodo forum
It surprises when we are not warned
Many links no longer work and files added in the past are lost
I was moderator for the French section but on this forum it’s not the case anymore, it doesn’t bother me at all by the way
I am an administrator of a forum where I talk about Comodo

My opinion ?
SMF is far superior in every way
Good luck to you
ZorKas

2 Likes

Hi. The forum looks really good. One thing bothers me though. Some posts are being moved to forum policy violation board. I can’t really see why. Forum Policy Violation Board - Comodo Forum

Same here Zorkas - maybe it’ll work out, but at the moment a lot of things have changed, moved or vanished w/o any notice - not impressed

1 Like

I’m lost. I find the previous forum more easy to use and more clear to read. I can’t even find the way to log out!

Agree with Zorkas, ploget and Boris_3, not liking this at all. You can’t see the wood for the trees it is just a jumbled mess.

I can’t even log in on the Web as it says my username and password are invalid but when I click on 'email me a login link I have to go to my phone, click on the link in the email and get straight in with no password :person_shrugging: As such I’m having to use my phone to write this.

The previous SMF layout was so much clearer and easier to navigate :person_facepalming:

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it…

To make the forum clearer, it would be useful to find subdivisions by :

• language
  • by software (CIS, CSS, …)
  • by software functionality CIS-FW, CIS-AV

I just asked to reset password, then entered the old password as new. Problem solved.

Yup, that worked. AND now I’m even told that my post has to be a minimum of 20 characters WT!

Why didn’t you upgrade the old forum under SMF (open source) to the latest version 2.1.3 ?
The number of possibilities being greater
I have an SMF forum under the latest version, it’s really the best !

I agree SMF is great, but don’t ask me, lol.

It also doesn’t make sense that this is the forum for CIS & mainly Home users, but all the links at the top point towards the ’ Xcitium ’ Business usage ?

Noticed that too and don’t like it either.

I sent a PM to Melih = No response ?
Forced change of interface without consulting users ?
Returning links to Xcitium ?
I can not understand ? No

There you can connect using the link. Under the login, when entering data, there is an inscription, you click on it and a link comes to the mail.

Guys
Before I stared using Discource, moving from SMF, i felt exactly you guys did!
please give it a time, you will love the platform. I use it in few other forums last 3 years.

Hi Dolphin66,

Try “Categories” option on home page, you may find it easier. If you can’t access your account using password, then please try forgot password option once.

Melih, I do not understand how to write a new message in the topic. How to reply to a comment is not a problem.

As Stardust wrote, reset the password and enter it as a new one and everything will work.

Hi ROB2, Please PM me the email id of your old account., we will try to fix it.

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O_RT,

I’ve managed to update my password and log in.

As for the ‘categories’ that still to me shows as a jumbled mess down the side and not clearly defined sections as per SMF.