New Forum my opinion

Personally I like the change because we now have 2FA and this forum allows me to use my Yubikeys as 2FA

1 Like

they updated the theme to have the “reply” at the bottom as per the screenshot…so you can reply to the topic

Thanks Melih. I already found

1 Like

My hands are “itching”, it’s faster to try the updated CIS. :grinning:

1 Like

I will convert to this new forum to know all the possibilities !

Test picture:

comodo-firewall

I’m exercising.
I don’t find how to quote a particular post. When I clic on the symbol “quote whole post” it is the first post of the topic that is quoted. How can I select the post that I want to quote?

You can do that directly from the post, just highlight the bit of the post (or the whole part) you want to highlight and click quote:

1 Like

Thank you Adam. I can quote now :smiley:

1 Like

If there are new features, are they already known or are they still kept secret?

[quote]Stardust

15h

Hi. The forum looks really good. [/quote]

Yes, does it. But the old form was clearly for me.

1 Like

While I’m becoming more comfortable with the new look over time, the previous one was faster. It will stay that way.

If the new CIS will be like this new ■■■■■■ forum, don’t even start)))

don’t hold back, please do tell us how you feel exactly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys,
nice new forum.
We are just waiting for the new CIS :+1:

1 Like

Slowly getting used to the new forum. Setting my default page to categories helped but wishing it was more sectioned and the layout was closer to what it was previously. Us Mods get prompts to review some posts deemed suspicious which is new. Yeah, just finding my feet still and look forward to further development and releases,

2 Likes

I too struggled initially moving from SMF to discourse in the past…but once i got used to it and learnt how easy things were…like a simply copy&paste for a screenshot etc… there was no going back…
but i agree, it does take time…

3 Likes

We can not identify the title or group of the users since the identity or profile card is not shown intuitively as before.

Hi ROB2,

You can click the profile of the user/moderator to send PM directly. (Refer the attached pic pm.jpeg)
However we have send you PM, click on the top right profile and check. (Refer the attached pic pm1.jpeg)

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

[quote=“Melih, post:38, topic:358399, full:true”]
I too struggled initially moving from SMF to discourse in the past…but once i got used to it and learnt how easy things were…like a simply copy&paste for a screenshot etc… there was no going back…
but i agree, it does take time…[/quote]

Yes, the difference to the “old” forum is quite blatant. At first I felt alienated and thought there was something wrong with my browser or my settings and looked for possible errors there until I understood after a few minutes that it had a new look, was “up to date”. It becomes more and more fluid to find one’s way around it.

With the quote I’m still not clear enough to see it as a quote and not between [quote] …[/quote]. But I’ll still get it.

I just read Boris_3, so I did it.

1 Like

Just highlight the text then click on Quote