Desktop background and theme

I thought we could share our desktop backgrounds and theme if you use another one than the default.

Myself, I use the Windows XP PRO background, and the VTP, Vista Transformation Pack 6.0. I hate Vista, love XP PRO, but also like the look of the Vista taskbar, so what else could I do? :wink:

Post your own desktop backgrounds.

Ragwing

Here I go again. I never grow tire of this (showing off, that is) ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mineā€¦

You have lots of desktop icons. Isnā€™t it true that if you store files on the desktop, especially big ones, that it slows down boot time?

PS: I notice youā€™re an anime fan, too (for shounen ones) :slight_smile:

Here is mine :slight_smile:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i257/justin1278/th_desktop.jpg

Click for larger image

Justin

hereā€™s mine :slight_smile:

the background image is ā€œflouresenceā€, available here

The theme is Aquanox, available here.

It should slow it down a bit, as the icons would have to be read from the files on the desktop (or from prefetch), but I donā€™t know that it would slow it down that much.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Azenis 2 (WB theme)

Looks like most are running Vista or have a liking to it with Vista-themes on their XP pcā€™s :slight_smile:

Yep, my icons are from Vista. WindowBlinds provides some of the Vista-like functionality I guess & Iā€™ve used LClock for a long timeā€¦ Iā€™m old & my eyes are dimā€¦ I needed a bigger clock. ;D

Yes. The big time is a plus, Bender (:TNG)

Kiss my shinny metal aā€¦ Bender is a Laptop. ;D

All I did was use a picture of my kids as my background. Plus I have all their photos as a screensaver slide show.

So we name our computers now? ;D I mean - I like computers, but not at that obsessional level ;D (ā€œHere Bender, Bender. Come here boy. Thatā€™s a good boy!ā€)

My pc is called Beowulf (:KWL)

Oh well, if weā€™re going to name our computersā€¦ I guess my computerā€™s name will be Slowpoke ;D

I admit, this is my kind of thread too :wink:
Computer name is ā€œVisionā€, after my dear Italian road racing bike!

Ah, grouping programs inā€™Secuirtyā€™, ā€˜Communicationā€™ etc. seems very smart, think Iā€™ll steal your idea as my start-menu takes about half my screen ;D

Ragwing

Yeah, gotta love it :smiley:

Previously I even had the same structure in the Program Files folder, as nearly every program was configurable to choose directory. Iā€™ve dropped that now, since itā€™s impossible to get it completely consistent, due to some programs. They sometimes make their own folders and stuff, to ruin my structure, and those annoying Windows programsā€™ folders are impossible to remove :cry:

/LA

Hereā€™s my start-menu now:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4228/kklyd3.png

Thatā€™s all I need, thanks for the idea ;D

Ragwing