Comodo Internet Security v10.1.0.6476 Updates Released

running smooth as silk here! thanks comodo team! 8) :-TU

I just tried these functions and both “purge” and “remove” work correctly. I did however perform a clean install of CIS.

I think this could be from pre-installed HP programs in 2011.

Just an update on the strange behavior of the WMI process, which I posted here
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-v10026420-hotfix-released-t121047.0.html;msg869940#msg869940
I tried to disable the telemetry, and I noticed that it no longer occurs, so I think the cause must have been some change to the telemetry introduced by 10.0.2.6420 version.

Follow up to my previous posts.
After purging the impressive number of files considered not valid after updating CIS everything is running smoothly now. No more slowdown.

I successfully updated from Win 10 Insider build 17063 to 17074 which holds among other things the Meltdown/Specter update. I didn’t have to reinstall CIS (that is consistent with Insider updates since several months) but CIS had lost its database so I had to redownload it.

There is one issue: Virtual Desktop doesn’t start. I hangs at the splash screen saying “Virtual Desktop is Loading…”.

Thanks to Comodo for upgrading its Free Firewall to the latest 10.1.0.6476 with an above-average satisfaction. However, it seems there should have some improvements further.

As noted from Windows Defender Security Center, Comodo Firewall has to be turned on the “Firewall & network protection” after starting up my PC every time. Windows Defender Firewall is not automatically turned off, though it has been edited and saved after the installation of Comodo Firewall.

I look forward to having your necessary remedial action as soon as possible.

Regards.

Could you try the Security Center reset and see if that changes anything?

Open a command prompt by clicking Start → Run. Type cmd and click OK.

In the command prompt window, type NET STOP WINMGMT /Y and press ENTER.

Type REN %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WBEM\REPOSITORY REP.OLD and press ENTER.

Type EXIT and press ENTER to close the window.

Restart the system. Windows should start normally, but you may be prompted to restart the system once more to complete the changes caused by resetting the core repository. You may also need to restart once more if Windows Security Center still does not detect your security product.

Do you have the firewall installed or the suite (firewall and AV)?

Installed the Windows 10 1709 16299.192, all OK. No BSOD

Hi EricJH

Thanks for your prompt response with details.

I have tried the steps given by you, but the problem remains the same. I have Comodo Free Firewall only installed with Windows Defender enabled. My PC is running Windows 10 Home version 1709 build 16299.192.

May I have your further advice?

Regards

Using this version since the beginning, and as always, still, at random, I get “Comodo Security Agent could not be started” error when cold booting my PC.
Why can’t you FINALLY fix this after all these years? :frowning:
Allowing diagnostics to run and check shows everything 100% OK and I have to restart my PC anyway…

Have you tried doing a fresh install? Might be worth using the new removal tool afterwards and then reinstalling. The removal tool post is pinned on this board.

Eric

All running ok still at my end. It showed downloading and installing ISE but doesn’t appear to have been installed (no start menu icon for ISE). Is it integrated with CIS now or should I just install it manually?

Eric

Attn: umesh

Updated free CFW10 & free CIS10 from v.10.0.2.6420 to 10.1.0.6476 after receiving pop-up notice for update from Comodo, without any problem.

Regarding Japanese language issue, I thought the problem would be resolved by Comodo’s new released version. But I noticed KB of Japanese localization files by community was biggger than previous files, so I applied renewed files and it resolved the issue and now the Japanese language problem is resolved.

Thank you so much for your kind attentions.
Regards, Tosna

Hi tosna,
It could not be part of last official release, it is going to be in upcoming release.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi megaherz33,
That dump didn’t help much, may you please file a formal bug report ?
e.g. are you able to re-produce? what are the steps? and if you could workout full memory dump?

Thanks
-umesh

Seems a bug, where CIS skipped installation if you had installed and uninstalled previously.
In the mean time you may you please install using following link?
https://download.comodo.com/ise/installers/ise_installer.exe

Thanks
-umesh

Eric, I’ve experienced this issue with virtual desktop for quite some time now. I have reported it but nothing has come about. What you are seeing is what I have been seeing. Nothing new for me. No virtual desktop.

We will check in latest IP build and get back.

Thanks
-umesh

Everything still running well here including Virtual Desktop. I did have a slight issue with ISE after the update - it showed and ran from the Start Menu, but didn’t show up in Control Panel
Ran the 133 installer again which rectified that

Also on Win7x64 SP1 Home Premium - updated and running well with everything including ISE and Virtual Desktop
A few unrecognized Windows files which delayed the initial start up - changed them to Trusted in Safe Mode and no problems since 3 days ago