CIS 2025 is now LIVE!

we will modify the pages later on to reflect all the amazing new stuff we have in the new version. We were too excited to share it with you and didn’t want to wait on web design guys :slight_smile:

CIS Premium Installer Download: CIS 2025 Premium Installer

12 Likes

Finally arrived,
I have a question, is this directly linked to Valkyria?

of course it is! We love Valkyrie.

5 Likes

Does this include the firewall as well?

Naturally! This is CIS, not CAV.

I am very disappointed with this new version, I had a blue screen when uninstalling the old one, had a fatal error when installing the new one, and then LOST all internet access and didn’t have the program pop up at all when installing the NEW one, I had to use a system restore point which RARELY works fro my experience!

If you were facing blue screen with uninstallation then there is some issue with your system in the first place. Not sure it can be attributed to the new application.
you might need a new system refresh imo.

3 Likes

I recently had to change my ram speed down, it was too high, if I had to reinstall Windows would I have to change my ram speed again?

:warning:The uploaded file looks like a malicious file
The Size Of Raw data is valued illegal! Binary might crash your disassembler/debugger
Static Analysis:Highly Suspicious

:warning:The uploaded file looks like a malicious file
Based on the sections entropy check! file is possibly packed
Header Checksum is zero!
Static Analysis:Highly Suspicious

Does CIS 2025 immidiatly upload the file to Valkyrie or it takes some minutes?

2 Likes

two suggestions here: use the CIS Uninstaller Tool you can find linked in this forum instead, this way you could work around the bluescreen issue.
You may instead of system refresh consider updating to the freshly released Windows 11 24H2 (if you use Win11), that also replaces system files on the way.

1 Like

OK so CIS isn’t free anymore.

I used it primarily for the “Award Winning Firewall”, and it’s now not in the free version.

I guess I’ll stick with 12.2.2.8012 on my Windows 10 LTSC, since the firewall does the job. For the scans, Emsisoft Emergency Kit does the job for me. Time to move on from Comodo for me.

EDIT: Actually, I wouldn’t mind paying for it, depending on what the reviews say for 2025. It isn’t ridiculously expensive regionally (I’m from India). I just haven’t had the need to upgrade from 12.2.2.8012 for a while (though I know it’s way too old).

the new version of CIS is free to use.

Where would that be?

The forum software is garbage, so hard to tell which thread is where. The original post links to the paid version, where firewall is locked behind a paywall.

the best option would be to follow the link on top which Melih provides, and within the banner, there is a link to download the new CIS 2025 version which says “download now.” the download should start immediately.

CIS and Comodo firewall are free.
As Melih said, the website has not been updated yet, and the current (outdated) download page is very confusing and may seem like you have to pay (but it is free).

The direct download for the installer of free CIS 2025 (and firewall) is here.

For now, the updater within CIS will not update from the old CIS to CIS 2025.
Updates through the program will be implemented reasonably soon.

If you would like to update to CIS 2025 now, then it is probably best to do a clean install:

1. Export your CIS configuration if you want to use it in CIS 2025.
  2. Uninstall the old version of CIS.
  3. Run the CIS cleanup tool to delete any CIS remnants (get the latest version here) - sometimes the links in the post won’t open. If that is the case, copy the link, open a new browser tab, paste the link into the address bar of your browser, and press return…the cleanup tool should download.
  4. Install CIS 2025 (the direct download is here)
  5. Import your configuration settings if you want.
  6. If desired, go into the firewall tasks, select “stealth ports”, and select “block incoming connections” (since this is not done automatically).
6 Likes

Thank you.

I guess I was mislead because the original link shows this on the page.

Well that and I’m used to downloading offline installer from the forum for years. The cispremium_installer from that site is 82 MB so I’m guessing it’s just an offline installer as well.

So, just out of curiosity. What’s the paid version for if we’re getting this for free still? (like I said, the annual price regionally doesn’t seem to be obscene)

The free version of CIS has all of the same functionality and protection as the paid version of CIS.
The paid version adds supplementary services such as unlimited product support, online storage, and a $500 virus free gaurantee.
The outdated website does not make this distinction very clear. Comodo is planning to update the website, and hopefully the new webpages will be more concise, better organized, more intuitive, and more clear.

2 Likes

@Whoop-dee-doo

In your post the version for the cleaning software is V3.2.0.84
Previously on the forum the recommended version to clean CIS 8012 was V3.0.0.41

Which is the correct version to use for CIS 8012 ?