Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

Not a correct statement.

Valkyrie does receive unknown files from CIS and does analyze and mark it.
the paid businesses do get a priority of analysis of valkyrie, which might explain why sometime results could be delayed.
However note that, delayed results does not effect the security of the user because security comes from containing that in the first place.

3 Likes

Translated into human language, Valkyrie is not in Comodo Internet Security and never will be))) The story that without Valkyrie, security is at the same high level and everything will fly into the sand, Comodo users know very well and have been hearing this for more than 10 years, and neither in which final version of CIS will Valkyrie not be, and if it is, then in the form of a paid function like in the corporate solution Xcitium Client Security, screenshots of which are shown for something by Nik123 in a thread where they are trying to find out a basic thing - when there will be an update, where for 1 For 5 years they have not been able to fix cosmetic errors in the interface, which was copied from the Chinese iObit.

1 Like

this statement is incorrect.

3 Likes

Well, will it be in the future final version of CIS or is it there now? And how can it be now, if no unknown file sent from the program NEVER changes the verdict from unknown either immediately or after a long time?)))
Well, who am I asking, for more than 10 years there has been only philosophical reasoning on a simple question, how can you torture beta versions for more than two years in which nothing changes.

1 Like

Unknown files from CIS are sent to our threat labs (Valkyrie) for analysis and verdicts.

With the beta release, we made significant architectural changes to the code—really significant changes. Please understand that CIS is not just another simple antivirus product. Releasing a basic antivirus would have been much easier, but CIS is a much more powerful PLATFORM (not even a product) with proactive containment capabilities and the ability to run executable files inside containment. This is a big deal and quite complex!

During the rearchitecture of CIS, there were Windows updates that caused compatibility issues. Such problems wouldn’t occur with a simple antivirus product. Our developers are committed to continuing tests and fixing these issues.

If you want a basic antivirus that only detects known threats, CIS might not be for you. But if you want comprehensive protection without risking your security by allowing unknowns to run freely, CIS is the ONLY Zero Trust endpoint security product that delivers this level of protection—and it’s even free for end users.

6 Likes

@Melih Thank you see @anon99452249 Valkyrie is in CIS

1 Like

I was trying to tell DeathCat that Valkyrie is in CIS many times but clearly he did not understand

1 Like

@Melih Will there be in the future more new automated systems in Valkyrie then just static and dynamic behaviour analysis?

@Melih - Thank you very much for this statement, which I think is valuable for many people.
As I wrote before, by pushing and nagging, the team could put an end to it (because they would no longer feel like it and would finally give in) by simply renaming BETA 3. You couldn’t blame them.

2 Likes

can you pls explain what you mean by “automated system”?
Dynamic analysis is an automated system.
Static is manual a reverse engineering process.

It’s great that the option to interrupt and allow network ativity now works. If it was interrupted for a longer period of time, I was no longer able to get back online without restarting my PC.

1 Like

Static Analysis is also Automated in Valkyrie
i mean by new Automated Methods like more new Automated Systems then just static and dynamic analysis

Having a problem with firewall blocking an allowed app. I’m using KDE Connect to connect with my phone and it’s allowed in firewall, but Comodo blocks it from connecting to my phone. I installed the app from Microsoft Store and offline install file. Neither work with Comodo firewall active. Also configured ports… not working. Also it doesn’t appear on the ‘Unblock app’ list. Doesn’t ask if i let the app connect. Nothing. Quite frustrating to be honest. I use this app alot.
If i disable Comodo Firewall, it connects perfectly.
Added manually all executable files manually in KDE Connect install folder to the allowed list. Still nothing.

Ok just found that after i unckhecked block ip fragmented traffic, it works.

4 Likes

how to update the program from beta to the normal version
should i reinstall ?

Fresh install is always the best solution after testing the Beta and will cause the least amount of issues.

1 Like

Team, I am concerned about the following situation.
I have several customers who use CIS, I need to know if an automatic product update will be released without me having to uninstall and reinstall the new version.
Because I have several computers and clients, it will be impossible to migrate from the old version to the new one. uninstalling and installing the new one, I need it to be updated automatically.
That’s why I’m asking, does anyone know if it will be the way I need it?

See Melih’s announcement that CIS 2025 is now officially released to the public.

He also stated:

and…

So, for now, the updater within CIS will not update from the old CIS to CIS 2025.
Updates through the program will be implemented reasonably soon.

If you would like to update to CIS 2025 now, then it is probably best to do a clean install:

1. Export your CIS configuration if you want to use it in CIS 2025.
  2. Uninstall the old version of CIS.
  3. Run the CIS cleanup tool to delete any CIS remnants (get the latest version here) - sometimes the links in the post won’t open. If that is the case, copy the link, open a new browser tab, paste the link into the address bar of your browser, and press return…the cleanup tool should download.
  4. Install CIS 2025 (the direct download is here)
  5. Import your configuration settings if you want.
  6. If desired, go into the firewall tasks, select “stealth ports”, and select “block incoming connections” (since this is not done automatically).

[This Beta topic is being closed - please use the CIS 2025 topic or start a new topic]

4 Likes