Whats Your Security Setup?

Okay then, I deleted my previous post.

Is a-squared a sensitive scanner?

2, as in, running on-access?
Surely you have some on-demand scanners?

Strange to see a lot of people using spywareblaster, i thought it was a pretty useless program myself.

IMO… I think it’s agreat scanner… I hold it with high regards. Expect FP’s though, You may have to perform several google searches :smiley:

I used to use Ad-aware but it doesn’t seem to be as effective as it used to be. I switched to Malwarebytes and found it faster and better. SuperAntiSpyware is also good but I still like MBAM the best. It’s small, simple, and very powerful.

you guys will hate me:

Kaspersky IS 2010

On-demand mbam and sas

Secunia psi

Keyscrambler

peerguardian 2 when needed :wink:

Hate you ? Why ? You should choose the setup you feel most secure in. However, if you want to give CIS a shot again, you know we’re here to answer.
Just try CIS V4, when it’s ready. That’s all I’m asking ;).

best regards,
eXPerience

I’m not using CIS either at the moment. But rest assured, when it’s finally released, CIS v4 will be on here before you can say ‘Default Deny’ :wink:

I said I will give it another chance, what my goal is, is to have my whole family on the same security suite I am using and as of right now CIS does not meet my criteria for the rest of the family(usability mostly). So when V4 comes out and everything is ironed out I shall give it a new chance. I have 334 days left on KIS so by then I hope CIS 4 is out and everything is working smooth.

I should probably refrain from posting my security setup, as it most likely will upset a lot of people. ;D

Windows Firewall (with outbound protection enabled)
CIS (Defense+ only)

WF ? Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

eXPerience

PM me some nice firewall tests (or links to them), and I’ll run the tests. And I mean FIREWALL tests, not HIPS tests. :wink:

Why would I ? Defense+ will catch it anyway :wink:

eXPerience

(I happen to know that he only changed to this after he banged his head.)

;D

CIS 3.11

Prevx 3.0

Carbonite online backup

LUA
Firefox WOT+NoScript+Adblock
CIS (FW and D+)
Avira Antivir Premium
Geswall
on demand SAS and MBAM

:-TU :ilovecomodo:

CIS
CBU
Threatfire
DriveImage XML

Can’t wait for CIS 4.0

Slightly different from previous post. Wink

Free On-Access scanners:

• Avast 4.8 Home Edition (5 when released).
  • DriveSentry

Web-Browser Protection:

• Sandboxie
  • Javacool’s SpywareBlaster

Free On-Demand scanners:

• Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (weekly quick scan)
  • SUPERAntiSpyware (monthly full scan)
  • a-squared (scan on rare occasion)

Norton Internet Security 2010
SAS
Malwarebytes’
My Common sense.

79.09% protection from common sense, 10.90% from Norton, 5.00% each for SAS and Malwarebytes

I have secured a 99.99% protection.

currently running

pctools firewall plus
avira free
internet explorer with wot and spywareblaster

removed threatfire coz it increased the boot time with 1-1.5 mins, avira’s ondemand scan use to stuck mid-way. will try when 4.6 comes out.

like cis but removed coz other users on the system find the explanation in the popup little hard and coz of false positives. other users on this system are novice and the antivirus was detecting imp files i guess, like nic - network internal card and few microsoft things. i think the explanation in the basic popup mode should be made simple and ofcoz reduction in false positives and there should be no popup for windows update. windows update was assigned installation/update rules but sometime during windows update cis use to throw few popups and the novice users on this system use to sometimes block the popup.

sorry for little offtopic guyz, couldn’t hold myself.

thanxx
naren