Whats Your Security Setup?

How is PCTools’ Firewall running for you, anygood?
Is Plus the paid version, what extra do you get over the free version?

there is only 1 version of pctools firewall and its free and its named as pctools firewall plus. its working great, no issues with avira or any other programs, no issues with browsing or working with any programs, and yes its light on resources too. just waiting for threatfire new version or avira proactive whichever releases first and if avira proactive is for avira free too. will try and whichever will be good for average users will add to this setup.

infact avira has some kind of update probs. i read somewhere that this prob is due to their update servers which sometimes is not available i dont for what reasons. recently avira stopped updating both automatically and manually. i tried various troubleshootings like uninstalling pctools firewall plus, installing avira free again but nothing succeeded. so i left as it is to check if the problem is with update servers and i guess it was coz avira didn’t updated for 5 days neither automatically nor manually but on the 6th day it updated fine. this prob has occured twice. once it updated on the 6th day as i said and once it updated on the 3rd day.

personally i like cis but due to other average users on this system i have installed pctools firewall plus coz i tried all the best free firewalls like comodo, online armor, outpost and pctools and i find pctools firewall easy to configure, maintain and use. the popups are simple and to remove any allowed or blocked application is simple too and these things are really important for average users.if you are an above average user my personal recommendation is cis for you. overall its as good as any freeware and paid ones and even better than many paid ones.

thanxx
naren

For ages I’m using only CIS (FW and D+ only) and Firefox with AdBlock Plus (Element Hiding Helper too) and NoScript. But I’m a CIS addicted so maybe I’m biased.
http://i25.tinypic.com/16hjmec.gif

Flawless performance and no infections whatsoever. :-TU

update:
CIS 3.12 complete. Just this. :ilovecomodo: :ilovecomodo: :ilovecomodo:

CIS (all parts),
SUPERAntiSpyware Free,
Firefox + Adblock Plus, NoScript, WOT,
IE8 + WOT,
SpywareBlaster,
Ninja Pendisk! (What is… USB… autorun?)

I now Have 2 pc’s. ;D
For ease of use and peace of mind- I’m going to be using GeSWall on both pc’s.

Windows Vista home basic with workstation, terminal serv, server, upnp, remote registry, remote access disabled. Comodo firewall with defense+/Avast anti virus/Spywareblaster/WOT/Threatfire/Secunia PSI/ Firefox 3.5.5 w/ad-block plus/noscript /Comodo web site verification engine
Backed up by Superantispyware, Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes and Sophos anti rootkit for extra scanning.
Extras-System explorer, ccleaner & hijackthis. Also firewall test at GRC/shieldsUP.
I was previously using Comodo anti virus until it failed to detect Win32.Induct & Win32.Faker-J. 8)

No antivirus catches everything - Avast will miss some too.

Replaced Avast! 4.8 Home Edition with Microsoft Security Essentials until Avast! 5 is released.

Hoho…you finally see the light! :stuck_out_tongue:

CIS All components (On Max) & MalwareBytes (on Demand only) GMER Anti-Rootkit (on demand).
IE 8 WOT add on
Sandboxie

Keeps my PC secure

Update:
Now using Trustconnect also.

TC?

Changed it to Trust Connect.

NIS 2010

sandboxie

google chrome … << every time i see those security updates for FF I got shocked so i decided to change …

CIS >> for a while i used it but i don’t need that for the current time especially with a lot of false positives see

https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virusmalware_productsother_security_products/a_lot_of_false_positive_with_cav-t46320.0.html

I will turn back to CIS when the v4 released

since my dad has started using the pc novice kaspersky Internet security 2010

On-Demand Scanners:
Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition
SpywareBlaster

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Kaspersky Antivirus (Trail)
Sandboxie
Trusteer Rapport

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Avast Home Edition
Comodo Firewall with Defense+

Router\Threatfire\ Comodo Time Machine.

No CIS?

If anything goes wrong CTM will take me back… I guess the only thing I have to worry about is privacy, that’s why TF has an outbound network rule and it would also detect if an application tried to manipulate another trusteed application to gain internet access. Maybe when CIS 4 comes out I’ll have another look. Haven’t used CIS for sometime now.

Actually for a highly skilled user your combination is a solid one.Perhaps I’d just add Sandboxie to it for bullet-proofing.