What AV are you currently running?

I don’t use any ‘real-time’, Antivirus, HIPS or virtualisation, as I really don’t see the need.

My system has a small drive that contains only the OS, everything else is on protected drives. if I have a problem, which I have yet to see, I simply re-image. it takes 10 minutes…

• Avira PSS for two years on two comps - no malware problems. Then for a year I have used DefenceWall + Avira Premium - on two computers. There were no virus problems.
  • Now I have CIS complete on 3 different comps. About two weeks. No virus problems.
  • Kasperky Workstation (about 1500 PCs) for several years - problems appear only when antivirus bases are several months old. Previous year they used Dr.Web - there were some minor problems with malware.
  • One guy has been using Comodo Firewall (usually without D+) and Avast Free for about a year. Before that he had used AVG Internet Security for 2 years. No virus problems.

no antivirus, no firewall ( no firewall soft/hardw ) no hips, no virtualisation, Just my brain + up to date + UAC

Now I am using Online Armor Free and Avira Antivir :wink:

Active Security Components -

FileHippo Updater - Yes, I consider this part of security very important. Several security vulnerabilities come from outdated software. Among the most vulnerable are Adobe Reader, Flash and Shockwave. Java, Itunes, and Web Browsers are very susceptible as well. Safari and Chrome is the worst among browsers.

Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) - Helps protect against 0-day vulnerabilities at the application layer. EMET uses DEP, SEHOP, NullPage, HeapSpray, EAF and MandatoyASLR elements to protect your PC (Windows7 only).

Comodo Internet Security
High heuristics, Sandbox enabled, Defense+ in Clean PC mode.

Immunet Protect with SPERO and ETHOS enabled, CLAMAV disabled. This is a “cloud” scanner, so all the resource usage to scan is done on their servers. Immunet was specifically developed to run alongside other AV.

Browser Security -
M86 Security addon for IE and FF. This actually performs a real-time scan (not your PC resources in use) and “scrubs” out suspicious/malicious code built into the HTML itself BEFORE it gets to you.
Keyscrambler addon for IE and FF. This prevents keyloggers from successfully capturing your information while browsing, but not your entire PC.

I also have my DNS set to use “Clearcloud” on my router. Currently, this is the most developed DNS server to help block malicious sites from reaching your machine.

Reactive Security Components - I only use these after something suspicious.

I will scan with Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, SuperAntiSpyware, Hitman Pro, and Norton Power Eraser.

Emergency Situation -
I will just restore my OS from an image that I backup DAILY with Windows Home Server.

Summary
Clearcloud DNS will perform a scrub, followed by M86, BEFORE anything reaches my OS. If something gets past that, EMET will mitigate the damage, then CIS and Immunet cloud scanner will find it. If they don’t, then I run my reactive scans. If all else fails or I feel insecure, I perform a restore from a recent image. Now THAT is what I call security!

Now I use only Comodo Complet but I thinking about to change. I will use, when its come out, Kaspersky AV 2012 with Comodo Firewall but I still thinking about it, maybe I stay with CIS Complet!

I am using Rising Internet Security 2011 now and I found that it is not so bad…

I am using CIS full suite, but have Kaspersky and ESET both installed and disabled.

I will be switching either of them On as I leave and someone else takes on my Computer (my parents, friends), because, they can do any kind of mess with CIS. If I password protect CIS, it blocks most of my local applications.

NIS 2011 (pre-installed, 60 day trial).

When the trial finished I had to reinstall the OS, so I had another 60 days. When that finished I uninstalled, installed a trial version from CNET, activated it with my Norton Acount and I have another 60 days.

What can I say…
Ligh to install and run
Easy to use
No bugs or issues so far
No hassle

I like it.

/off topic

For your kids’ PC, you could consider using Comodo Time Machine. Create a baseline snapshot and then you can revert to that point staright away. IMHO, a bit more convenient than restoring from image files.

HTH
EWen :slight_smile:

Rising Internet Security 2011. Tested 2 times on VM. Second time tested with 103 zeroday malware from malwaredomainlist & malc0de.

Rising blocked 99 malware. Its Trojan Defense i.e Behaviour Blocker is quite effective.
Avast- 69, & 17 Autosandbox
Comodo - 79, 8 detected by Cloud, 9 Autosandboxed & for the rest Unsigned Program wants Unlimited Rights popup was there.
MSE - 59. MSE updated right after the test. So it detected 29 more threats.

Thanxx
Naren

avast! 6.0

under Win XP Comodo IS complet and Emsisoft Antimalware 5.1
and
under Win 7 x64 GData AV 2011 with Comodo FW plus Defense +

CIS w/ Command Prompt…

CIS with cloud on, archive scanning off.

Very interesting work.
So am I right interpriting your results:
Out of 103 zeroday malware there were detected and/or blocked and/or popped up:

Rising - 99
Avast - 86
Comodo - 103
MSE - 59

Thank you.

I use CIS complete and EMSISOFT Emergency Kit (if i need than 2 opinion)

Yes you are right.

Thanxx
Naren

So it means that CIS again is making 100% protection!!! Great!

:rocks: :BNC

For me Comodo blocked 96 malware (for 96 malware there were no popups. Either detected by AV, Cloud or Autosandboxed). For rest there were popups so I am not going to count the popups which the user has to decide to allow/block. So you can say from experts point Comodo blocked 100% i.e 103/103 but from Average Users point 96/103. No popups from any other products only Avast but I counted Avasts popups i.e Autosandbox as detection coz it recommends the users to Sandbox.

Thanxx
Naren