We need your help translating Comodo firewall into other languages! [CLOSED]

Thanks umesh! Great! you da man! (I should be saying that to everyone that helped make the tool… hehe… ok, so pass it along then.)

Edward

Please visit following url for translation status:
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,3239.0.html

I missed this forum entry until now (:SAD). Message sent, thanks for the possibility!

Hungarian language / Magyar nyelv

Add… = 4 characters. Bug in the tool?
However, i’ve rename it to ‘Új…’ but that means ‘New…’. The Hungarian word for Add is ‘Hozzáad’.

I’ve started today and i’m on it to finish it asap., but allow me at least 1 more day to check my own translation.

Does it matter if i change ‘Next >’ to ‘Következő’ ?

I think many of us who are translating has faced the same issue:
that some words and phrases translated properly in our language result in a text with more length than english text. ie:

“help” which is 4 characters in Spanish has to be:
“ayuda” which is 5 character.

This example is just 1 more length but there are phrases that results in more length ie:
“network control rule” is 20 characters
in Spanish, the phrase that translates the exact meaning is:
“regla de control de la red” which is 26 characters long. even truncating it a bit by altering the minimum the meaning it does not fit on 20 characters:
“regla de control de red” which now is 23 characters.

At first i’ll translate everything with full path, then i’ll create short texts.
I’ve translated plenty of applications where i always met with these space problems, so it’s not a brand new issue ;). In most cases we ask - and they do - the authors to create more space for short words and we can create alike sentences. I wonder if we meet with this case again as i met with some words i can’t cut down or change as they’d have complety new meaning.

So i suggest to everyone to collect the words where they need more space and then we’ll ask Umesh if he can help to create more space for them.

Now i’m reviewing my own translations before posting.

PART CPF_Images_Text.txt

I’ve found some strange place and/or character number problems. Please, if i just missed, bring light for my eyes :).

Where? It means i don’t see this text there.
CPF_Images_Text.txt | S.No 77 | Security → Advance | Program Settings
CPF_Images_Text.txt | S.No 65 | Under Security → Tasks section | Modify Zone (i guess it’s after you click on Add/Remove/Modify Zone =?)
CPF_Images_Text.txt | S.No 60 | In n/w control rule dialog | IP Details (guess: the simple Details below the datas?)
CPF_Images_Text.txt | S.No 4 | Application Details Dialog | Company (it’s at Activity->Connections->Details pane? I wonder why this info isn’t attahed to the Application Monitor’s info as well)
CPF_Images_Text.txt | S.No 3 | Application Details Dialog | Path (image???)

There are things twice, too (~and no context difference).
CPF_Images_Text.txt | S. No 68 and 76 | … Network Monitor
CPF_Images_Text.txt | S. No 16 and 18 | … Logs
CPF_Images_Text.txt | S. No 52 and 57 | … Connections

Things where i’ve modified the text a bit.
“Restore” → “Alapra”, it’s like commanding a “Set it to default”. The other small words which would be good for the “restore” word are not good enough.
“Abort” → “Mégse”. “Mégse” means “Cancel”, but the word “Megszakít” is too long.

Char counts.
CPF_Images_Text.txt | Browse… | 7

I got problems with English-Hungarian words.
“Edit” = “Szerkeszt”, i can’t find shorter word. If anything fals, you can write “Szerk.” (~it’s like writing App. instead of Application).

cpfupdate_Master.txt

“Checking” = “Ellenőrzés”, modified to “keresés” (=“Searching”). It’s just a local usage method (more firendly).

crashrep_Master.txt

cpfsubmit_Master.txt

S.No 20 | CF Submit ~ CFSubmit? Or we shall translate the “submit” word?
S.No 41 got double space in the last sentence.

fwconfig_Master.txt

Alert frequency is a bit longer with my language.
“Click here for more information…” i cut out the “more” word and i’m saying “Klikkeljen ide információért…”. This is for space problem (more ~ “további”).
“Firewall Configuration Wizard - Zone %d of %d” i didn’t translate “of” as to really use this sentence i should change what the first and second %d is. So, i just put there a “-” sign.

CPF_Master.txt

“Remove” = “Eltávolít”, i renamed it to “Töröl” (means “Delete”).
“Skip parent check”, it would be “Lehívó ellenőrzés átlépése”, which is long, i translated it to “Nincs megadva” (=Not specified).

Repeated things:
S.No 165,166,167,168 | Firewall sections | Component Monitor
S.No 109,110,111,112 | Firewall sections | Application Monitor
S.No 332,333,334,335 | Firewall sections | Network Monitor
S.No 541,544 | Ad a label in a Network Control Rule for defining zone name | Zone
S.No 499,500,501
S.No 496,497,498
S.No 139,140,141,142
S.No 441,442
S.No 435,436
S.No 58,59
I don’t know if OK/Help/Cancel important or not. Nor if these are direct things or accidents =? It’s just sad we have to translate things several times (:SAD)

I’ve finished checking. I’ll know more from a working Hungarian copy :).

Oh… i’m posting quite a lot…

I wonder if the users can understand the registration page and the sent e-mails.

hello from GREECE i can help if needed for the translation in GREEK just send me an e-mail to drklabs@hotmail.com when i ll have the time to spend for it
i like very much to help comodo because they helpin us (M)
Thanks

Hi.
Just go to the greek thread and ask if they need help.
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2631.0.html

hi, do you need help in portuguese translation?
This is a good idea, helping in your hard work, to keep the internet free and clean,
thanks to all of you. (V)

double post

About new translations - will it be neccessary to reload the new translated version or could the new text be implemented on the existing original program?

Hi

I can translate it into Afrikaans if needed

Welcome to the forum!

Send a pm to Umesh and he will send the files you need

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2726.0.html

Hello
I’d like to translate Comodo Firewall into Vietnamese
PM has sent to Umesh today
Thanks for your great products !

Hello there!
I want to support CFP with translation into slovak. I PM Umesh twice with no response (:NRD)
Slovakia (:LOV) Comodo! (V)

Hi,
This is just to inform everybody willing to translate firewall into other languages that for version 2.4 we are not planning to add additional languages as we are working on v3.0 which will have a different method of implementing multi-language.

In this method translation will be available as external file and user will be provided a utility using which he will be able to translate into choice of his or her language and be able to see it in action without requesting comodo. These translation can be exported and imported by other users.

So please wait till mid-april for v3 of firewall to be out.

Thanks
-umesh