We need your help translating Comodo firewall into other languages! [CLOSED]

Hi,

How can we do for the translation of v3?
I can’t see any “utility” into the installation folder for doing that.

Maybe it will come with the full release? (and not alpha or beta)

just guessing

May someone from the team say anything about translation???

yes it will come with the full version.
the architecture is done in a such way, you will be able to provide new skins and new languages with great ease.

Melih

Sounds great Melih!

Keep up the good work!

(V)

Thanks, I can’t wait (L) (V)

Will you have suggested translation pages? What if the bad guy translator will translate Deny to Allow? Besides you got more time, why is it better to let anyone to modify the datas? Can you at least password protect them ~so they should fill in a form and get a digital ID at least to ask a password and provid the localized files?

All in all, i’m not quite sure about the current solutions’ security, this can be a security risk :THNK

You are right Arkangyal, but a lot of software works like that, and without problems.
Users who are not satisfied into the translation can contact Comodo.

A dedicated forum for translators will be great.

I don’t think i’m be the only one would like to translate CPF, nor i think only i can do a good localization, i’m only afraid of noname “bad guys” as this is a security product (installers, etc. are simple tools): as i said, clicking allow instead of deny wouldn’t be an a good thing ;).

Like I said there are a lot of software (even anti-virus, anti-trojan, firewall…) who use that method for translating.
Maybe for a best security, submitting the translation, and waiting that it was check buy users, or to send to Comodo a list of product(s) already translated buy the translator.
If the users are not sure with the translation, they always have the “official” English version.

You forgot Denmark :frowning:

Dear all,

Agree! This is a real possible problem for non-English reader. However, will the “Bad Guy” change
the correct translation back to his bad one again and again if anyone is allowed
to edit the translation file page?

One solution I would suggest as the below steps :

1. Post a submitted translation file in a dedicated forum for everyone to verify its content.
  2. Let at least a few registered forum users to reply that the translation file is good for use.
  3. Allow users to download the translation file.
  4. Alert and invite users in the translation files download page to report any irregularities
    immediately to the related forum administrator/developers.
  5. If there is someone kind enough to improve a particular translation file, go back through
    steps 1 to 4.

Regards!
cpfuser

While this seems to be a good procedure for verifying the quality of translations, the basic problem remains: Language files can be made available anywhere on the web, without anyone being able to keep track of them.

At least in my corner of the world, sites dedicated to providing information about and downloads of software offered in our local languages are common. Even official government sites list and link this way (and their quality checks are superficial, if performed at all).

[Added on Aug 29]
I don’t believe the problem to be so much about deliberate errors (i.e. ‘Allow’ for ‘Deny’), rather I worry about poor and incomplete translations leading to confusion among users (i.e. spelling errors, non-conformity, dialects, half ‘n’ half English/local language and so on).

I really can’t see why Comodo should risk this at all, as it might impact both security and the software’s reputation. By the way, does anyone know if Comodo intend to make ‘sanctioned’ language files available for download alongside with the firewall? Maybe that would be the best way to handle this.

[Added Sep 14]
Any official policy on this coming up, Comodo?

Charlie42

Comodo Firewall is severely under-represented in my country; most people are already familiar with ZoneAlarm, and having to study more English terms in Comodo is a definite turn-off.

Therefore, if Comodo want more Indonesians to use Comodo Firewall, it is imperative to have an Indonesian-language version one.

I want to help translating Comodo to the Indonesian language :slight_smile:

So? How can I start translating Comodo into the Indonesian language?

Interest in Comodo is growing here…

Apparently, Comodo is not planning to add more languages to CFP version 2.4, since version 3 is about to be released. We have to wait for this, before language files are made available.

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2614.45.html

I think it will be great to have CFP in Indonesian! (:CLP)

Charlie42

I’ve translate V3 BETA into Chinese (modify EXE file). Update Will make it into
English.
So I want to know what can I do then?

Hi zerosu6652,
That’s not the way to do translation in V3, in V3 we will provide a utility using which you would be able to translate all the strings used in V3 and that will generate a language file whcih will be used as translation.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi there !.

Just to remind that I’ll be glad of helping with the 3.x Spanish (LA) version, just as I did with 2.4 version.

I’d appreciate any information you could give in order to collaborate with the translation.

Best regards

the same to spanish of Spain and my language:valencian/catalan.