V3 and BSoD [Merged threads]

All this stuff is probably not necessary, but really doesn’t take that much longer to be extra careful. Vistas built in imaging is really a great safety factor just in case.

I just realized that I had posted in the wrong spot, so I am repeating here. I have read several threads on people having issues with Cisco VPN and CFP. I wanted to share my experiences, and ask for help:

WinXP, fully updated, new format and install.
CFP 3.
Just installed Cisco version 5.0…
Set up client.

When I connect, I get an instant BSOD. This is fully reproducible. I did a Google search on the issue.

After renaming vsdatant.dll, vsutil.dll, and vsinit.dll, no more BSOD. BUT, I cannot connect, as there is a ‘firewall policy mismatch’.

After renaming those files to their original names, I get the BSOD (after restarting, of course).

I then tried exiting CPF. Still get the BSOD.

I then tried going through CP->Administrative->Computer Management->Show hidden devices->Non-plug and play(expand this)->Right-click vsdatant and disable. Restart.

No BSOD. But the same ‘firewall policy mismatch’.

I hope this is helpful. It seems like the ZA (vsdatant, etc.) components crash CPF, but without them I cannot get a connection. The Cisco VPN client requires a firewall, or a stately packet inspector.

Any suggestions?

I to Had this problem and couldnt resolve it I’m bookmarking this thread…so i to can see the solution

I’m at my wits end. :cry:

Keep getting a BSOD. Put up my dump file in the thread you specified! :-TU

Taelus

Zippy-

I have the same issue. Have you any solution as of yet?

Thanks!

Any ideas out there?

Should I just revert to v2.4, which worked fine?

Thanks

Hi !

I have the same trouble running Vista Home premium, (no service pack installed) but all the update.

P200 toshiba laptop.

FN key cause death blue screen…

Thanks !

Interesting results since upgrading yesterday. By way of background, some weeks ago I started to get the Blue Screen of death and reboots on my normal working primary drive. Raised this as an issue on a support site I use and this is still ongoing. I had also found quite recently that when trying to close my to Stand By it would sometimes hang at the blue shutdown screen and only a reboot would kick it back into life.

In order to see if I could isolate whether it was hardware or software, last week I switched over to my back up primary,which has a cloned version of XP Pro taken a few months ago so would be unaffected by any malware/trojan problem. On Monday I realised that Comodo Firewall wasn’t running and my thread How To Clear Corrupt Previous Install https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/how_to_clear_corrupt_previous_install_resolved-t19504.0.html explains all.

Up until the time I discovered Comodo not running the system had behaved OK, i.e no reboots no shut down issues.

Successfully installed v3 yesterday but within 5 minutes I had the Blue Screen of death and reboot issue return.

This morning I tried to bring the system out of Stand By and immediately it rebooted. I then got the following errors from Comodo.

Error(0) Failed for C:\Documents & Settings\Chris\Application data\Comodo\Firewall

Pro\Data\Resfiles\comboboxbevel.png

Error(0) Whilst extracting resources from c:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cfpres.dll…aborting

application

I have now uninstalled Comdodo.

I am beginning to wonder now if the reboot issue is connected to Comodo v3 as I’m fairly sure, but will need to check further, that I had updated to v3 on the original system not long before the reboot issue started.

I have downloaded v2.4 (which I think should be OK with XP pro) and wonder if I could install this on my system and see what happens.

Also wondered if anyone else has reported similar problems with v3?

Thanks

Hello,

I just discovered this forum (:KWL)
I use Comodo’s firewall for a year. This is french V2.4 Comodo’s firewall.
The software told me that an upgrade with V3 was available, but after the installation, the system crashed and alway restarted.

I had to recover the system with Acronis.

So, I tried to remove V2.4 firewall to install correctly the V3

But the system crashed too.

I use an XP SP2 Windows, and Avira Antivir.

1/ Could you help me to solve this problem ? I installed back V2.4 comodo’s firewall.

2/ Does a french V3’s upgrade exit ?

Thank you.

Fill

Hello,

Up !

Hi Fill

Welcome to the Comodo Forums

I can’t answer your question because I don’t know the answer. Have you tried posting in the French forum here.

https://forums.comodo.com/francais_french-b72.0/

John

There’s no known conflict between CFP 3 and Avira, so it might be due to your hardware.

A french translation of CFP 3 will come very soon :wink:

Cheers,
Ragwing

Hello,

Thank you for you answers, even if doesn’t solve the problem. I just discover the french forum.
I’ll try there ; it’ll be easier.

Thank you very much.
(V)

Fill

When I insert my 2.4GHz wirless mouse to the USB interface,My windowsXP turned to blue screen. But when I uninstall the COMODO 3,my mouse can work. Then I install a new XP just without anything,my mouse works good.But when I install the COMODO 3 again ,it turn the blue screen…

On my toshiba laptop i have several problems which are started to appear few days ago.

I can not use my wireless mouse. It starts working and then it stops or not works at all.
When i press FN key i got a irq_not_less_or_equal too bsod.

1. CPU 32 bit
  2. Vista Home
  3. BOClean, Avast
  4. Press FN key or plug wireless mouse.
  5. Uninstall.
  6. Clean install.

Thanks

Hi,
I too have this identical problem on a Toshiba A200 (vista home premium) - it took me a long time to work out what was causing this i.e. system reload and installing each update individually and testing it. Finally I isolated it to comodo firewall. I really like this application so would like to use it again.

Hopefully the developers here will pick this up and offer some advice. I did find another thread here but the upshot was to not use Comodo…

Cheers,
Timmo

similar thread here with mini dumps - I too have this same problem …

https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t17584.0.html

i have exactly the same problem …

You need to have Comodo allow the software to run for your mouse. I had to let Comodo allow Set Point to run.

Thank you. I have already send my Minidump to the “BUG Reports”.And I have solve the problem by delete one file of the driver.
https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/bsods_please_add_your_minidump_files_here-t14909.75.html