V3 and BSoD [Merged threads]

Greetings!

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is often related to a hardware problem. In this case, it might be a conflict with some of the drivers, so try downloading the latest (should be available from Toshiba’s website).
It’ll occur if you add a graphic/sounds-card when you already have one integrate, if yourr RAM is “broken” (so run MemTest or overheating.
But it would most likely be a driver error, since this only happens with CFP:

Cheers,
Ragwing

Greetings!

Try updating the drivers for your laptop and see if it fixes the problem.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Thanks for this :-TU
This way developers may solve issue if CF is a real culprit in this case.

If you have BSOD related to this case, please post minidump here including appropriate information (see the start of topic provided by link).

Thanks.

in my case i can use my fn key after uninstalling cfp …
so i dont think its a driver or hw problem.

thanks

What I meant was that your driver might conflict with CFP 3’s driver(s), so maybe a newer driver would solve the problem.

Cheers,
Ragwing

To all users affected by BSODs:

Regardless of any possible speculation it is often a common troubleshooting procedure to update existing drivers.
After you reproduce the issue using the latest available driver you can read BSODs: Please add your minidump files here to submit all necessary informations that Developer could find useful to address the issue.

If for any chance any of you is a kernel driver developer the amout of info you’ll be able to provide will lead to a fix in no time.

Good Day,

Please help…

Problem: BSOD after CHKDSK C: /F runs & it reboots

Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.16.295 (& 3.0.18.309)

• Network Defense: Custom Policy Mode
  • Proactive Defense/Defense+: Clean PC Mode

Btw, this is the first time I have tried to run Chkdsk C: /F since installed Comodo Pro 3.0.x

I was using Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.16.295…,
I then scheduled a CHKDSK C: /F (Boot partition) at next reboot.
CHKDSK works fine, & then it reboots computer…,
…& then I get a BSOD…

The BSOD’s details are:
----------------------------------- Start quote ---------------------------------
SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
STOP 0x00000071 {0x0000000, 0x00000000, 0x0000000, 0x00000000}
----------------------------------- End Quote -----------------------------------

On rebooting, the startup menu allowing Safe Mode shows.

But Safe Mode doesn’t work, after a while, it stalls, then just reboots the computer with same BSOD…

Starting Windows with last known good configuration works OK…

If I do a CHKDSK again on the boot drive, the BSOD occurs again…

I then turned Defense+ OFF, then rebooted, & then run CHKDSK C: /F and got the same BSOD again…

I then uninstalled Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.16.295…,
…& after uninstallation Chkdsk C: /F ran correctly on reboot without causing a BSOD on reboot…
So there was NO problem after Comodo was removed/uninstalled…

I then installed Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.18.309…
…and the identical BSOD occurred when tried to run CHKDSK C: /F…
…with exactly the same message & behaviour…

Btw, even the Recovery Console fails when try to use it…

This is a Very Important problem as I cant fix the disk errors on Lu C (system partition),
Please help,

Thank You Very much,

Roberta

Greetings!

Do you have any minidump you can post here?

Sorry, but I dont have one…

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 100’s of different programs and never once had a BSOD. Most BSOD’s are due to flawed registry’s. Make sure when you uninstall Comodo and or any other product you do a full scan of left over files. I always use Revo Uninstaller in Advanced mode with no problems at all. What other apps are in your start up folder? You can do a dignostic start up and just have Comodo boot up and see what happens. Sounds like a conflict. My pc wouldn’t boot one day after uninstalled something( I cant remember what). After hours of diag I found out that my sounds card drivers were corrupt preventing me from booting into Windows. I honestly do not think its Comodo. I am running Comodo on my desktop and laptop with no troubles. (CWY)

Good Day Dear Vettetech,

Thank You Very Much for your Greatly Appreciated reply…

Have u tried to run CHKDSK C: /F on your machine?

Btw, I have never had a BSOD in my machines…
So this is the very first time…
And it does Not occur if Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.16.295 & 3.0.18.309 are removed Completely…

Also whenever I install/uninstall anything I Always clean up the registry, & all their files & dirs…
…& I control all the startup progs with Sysinternals Autoruns (best in the industry), etc, etc…

I have now tried it on several Very different configs belonging to several friends (I imaged their systems with Ghost, & then installed Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.18.309 in them)…
…& they have all produced the same BSOD when ran CHKDSK C: /F & told it to do it on next boot…
As before it boots, then CHKDSK runs, then it reboots & then BSOD before even get to the login screen…

Btw, I spent all w/e doing testing (as mentioned above) before I even posted here this morning (Aus time)…

Thank You Very Much,
Best wishes,

Roberta

Honestly speaking in all my years I have never need to run CHKDSK.

Related thread. Appropriate minidump(s) is/are needed to fix issue.
Post them:

I have just installed Comodo Firewall v3, The trouble is now that each time I set the system to run CHKDSK it
goes into a reboot loop, CHKDSK runs, then system reboots, then just before welcome screen reboots again and run CHKDSK,
and all starts again. using F8 and last know good config is the only way out of it.

I have followed the advice here for V2 https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t574.0.html but cannot find the setting for “Secure host while booting” in V3, I have also tried turning off Defence +.

I am using 3.0.18.309, any help would be great, as I would like to get CF working on my system.

Thanks

I think there is a bug report about this here.

[url=ftp://https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/session5initializationfailed-t19438.0.html]https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/session5initializationfailed-t19438.0.html[/url]

Hope this helps,Matty

Thanks, I overlooked that…

I’m beginning to suspect comodo for an uncommanded reboot I am getting every day between 9 - 11 am. The reboot usually occurs only once each day at those times. But there have been a couple of other occasions. At those times of day I was also getting warnings from NOD32 about FF.Bat, run.vbs files assosciated with Comodo. Iv’e removed comodo and if the system stops rebooting I will report back.

Hi,

What version of Comodo Firewall? What OS (x32, x64, service pack version)?
If it is v3.0.20 minidump is needed to examine your case. See here.

As minidump is required to examine your case please get it and post in this thread. Please include additional information also (read first post in that thread for details).