Updated Comodo Firewall on x64

No, amen to THAT… :wink:

Great news Comodo Team!

I just installed the latest update. Problem is not solved. If I activate Defense+, most applications refuse to start. Nod32 won’t run. Meh!

Is this something that gonna be fixed at all, or do I actually have to find another product? I’d rather not.

Find another product. I did and I’m not coming back to this piece of ■■■■.

i give this update a big fat LOL, as is has to be the biggest joke in the history of the internet.

the updater itself is not working properly. it just keeps saying “copying vendom.nmd” or something like that. the internet connection is closed an cannot be opened again. restarting the computer only works after several minutes.
the comodo info tells me the correct (new) version number. checking for updates says there are none. so i suppose the update worked.

the update doesn’t solve any of the issues, instead it got even worse!
after i installed ad aware again, after the third (!) restart all of a sudden the old problem was there again. uninstalling ad aware did not solve it, even though it did before the update! i even manually deleted all registry entries of ad aware that were left after uninstalling it.
so now i had to install comodo without the defender. that’s the only way vista will start services now after this update.

on top of all that, cfp.exe now sometimes crashes right at the system start.

fantastic work. really.

Rofl this reminds me of a typical Microsoft update… Back when Netscape was strong and IE was forced on all systems. Netscape would have problems after IE updates, and IE was flawless, even though it wasn’t very good. So is CFP now using same tactics? Disable all other “spywares/adawares” so that only CFP defense only works zzzzz

I gotta say CFP product is very good, so that’s why I still use. And I trust it to really check for every connection etc, but getting your options cut isn’t cool.

I wonder if this is also an issue with the PRO (paid) version of the software, or this is just relegated to us free users…hmmm

-Tzol

The AdAware and Spy Sweeper bug is fixed with the latest and greatest: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_3865951477_released-t35638.0.html .

well,
Installed it on my Vista 64 and set everything on training mode and ran all my apps even AA AE. Rebooted and set everything to safe mode and had some of my apps not start up thought to myself that it was not fixed. Looked at the logs but strangely nothing was reported as being blocked and nothing was even shown in the firewall log at all.

Had to manually set them as trusted (again they all were just ran in training mode) so I should not have to do this. Rebooted leaving it in safe mode and everything worked except for Avira antivirus (did not install CIS antivirus). Again looked at the logs and nothing about it being blocked and it still was listed as a safe app. Again went back to learning mode mode added it again as trusted app, set CIS back to safe mode and rebooted and everything works now…so far…

EricJH: Yes, it says they fixed it. But it doesn’t work, therefor it’s not fixed, no matter what the release notes say.

Muyfa666 did you a clean install of did you use the updater?

I used the updater. Would it make a difference with a clean install? I’d rather not lose my config with a clean isntall.

Export your settings first, then do a clean install. Note, I have had to start CIS as Admin in order to export and import my settings.
Mics/manage my configurations/export/(your settings i.e. proactive).

I exported my settings, but that didn’t really save anything I wanted. Nevermind.

I did a clean install anyways, but I still have to disable Defense+ to get Comodo “working”.

I did a clean install and its still the same bug. Not fixed at all. I might re-install later and disable defense+ and see happens. (:SAD)

I have a same prob… Had to go back to 3.5, again…

First i uninstal 3.5, reboot, instal newest 3.8, reboot, i saw its not working, uninstalled it, reboot, instal 3.5… So i did a clean instal for newest 3.8… Didnt work…

I instal comodos always without comodos antivirus and only with defence+ so i guess defence+ kills it ?? Should i just not instal defence+ or what ? :smiley:

3.8 wouldnt let me open any exe files when i had it…

So still the same problem what we have had last 5 pages :smiley: I m just the other animal in the farm :))

I m running

Windows Ultimate 64 bit
Ad-Aware 2008 Pro
SpyBot Search and destroy
Eset NOD32… Windows cant even load whole NOD with 3.8

Where can I find the old version installer? I really dislike 3.8 atm.

I found it, but please devs, fix this. I really don’t want to have to change firewall.

Have you tried disabling your AV before you did a clean install? Does Windows and other apps run fine at this point? D+ is far greater protection than an AV. Maybe change which AV you keep active? e.g. Avast

If u were talking to me… No… i didnt disable NOD32 b4 i did a clean instal… it sounds stupid to play like like that or this… Deleting stuff worked in windows so smth worked fine… I just dont trust any soft that mutch… D+ is nice but i still like to have AV soft in windows… and couple spy and malmware softs like aware and malmware bytes and search and destroy… :slight_smile:

I hope that there wasnt some massive leak in 3.5 coz it is only working version :smiley: or maybe i should find a new fw soft… i love comodo but cant fck up my own security :smiley:

I’d rather not disable Nod32. CIS may be a good overall solution, but until my Nod32 license runs out, I’d be glad if it could co-exist with Comodo. It did before, so It should be possible, right?

Nope, Not for me. Still having problems opening windows (control panel, services, etc.) and running third programs (creative, DivX, SS, etc.). Also IE 7 and other apps “do not respond” when closing. (:AGY)

I installed it clean with Proactive D+ on; However, If I deactivate D+, everything runs smoothly.

A question for the experts. I run Avast Home Ed. 4.8, Spy Sweeper 6.1 (paid), and Win Patrol (paid) in Windows XP Pro SPK 3, IE 7 and sometimes FireFox. What is better CFP 3.5.57173.439 with D+ activated (this works well in my system) or CFP 3.8.65951.477 without D+ activated???. (:NRD)

Why, You ask? Because I need a Firewall and I do not thrust Windows´s.

Hoping this is going to get fixed in the near future. :THNK

Yes, I agree, it should be possible. I am simply offering suggestions for the (current) release.