Updated Comodo Firewall on x64

i guess the consensus is that is’s ad aware (anniversary edition?)
here’s my list:
avira antivir personal
spybot
super antispyware
malwarebyte antimal

• ad aware an.ed. → vista goes nuts
  • ad aware an.ed. → vista likes me again

please fix this asap. i like my ad aware. if i could just use it to make scans i’d be happy. i don’t necessarily need it to run all the time with it’s real time protection.

i have it on custom mode. i tried block all mode and it does block all. so i guess it works but decided that every program that exists is safe :frowning:
i can only imagine that comodo copied the rules from the windows firewall (which funnily copied the rules from the previous comodo installation :slight_smile: )
for now i’m running vista firewall and comodo simultaniously because i dont trust comodo until it asks me what to do when a new program connects.
vista firewall works for the basics. i just hope they don’t conflict too much.

thanks for all your answers.

LOL. I have my computer downstairs (the one that HAD Comodo, note HAD) running virus scans 'cause I thought I was infected. >< Comforting to know I’m not, but still…

Windows Vista Home Premium x64
Avast
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D
Malwarebytes

Hi egeman.

Your problems are most probably related to some sort of incompatibility between CIS and some exisitng software. We will be investigating these issues urgently. But in order to help us, please report all of other security software installed. Especially Antivirus or Antispyware products.

Eventhough I have Windows XP and I do not use Ad-Aware, I am having similar problems with 3.8. See my thread.

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall_help/something_amiss_with_3864739471-t34922.0.html

I use: Avast, SpySweeper, Win Patrol, Malwarebytes´Antimalware (on demand scan).
Windows XP Pro. x86, Spk 3, Core 2 Duo 2.40 Ghz and 2 GB RAM.

I would like to confirm that in my case uninstalling Ad-Aware AE fixed my issue with CIS and Vista 64. Now my programs will run and I’m getting popups when needed…

So what happened? Version 3.5 did not have this issue.

Hi people.

I am also running 3.8.64739.471 after uninstalling SpySweeper 5.8. It is defenitively an antispyware compatibility issue, Ad-Aware, SpySweeper, etc. Fortunately I had SuperAntiSpyware LifeTime subscription, and it is running with Comodo right now without any ill effect, cross my fingers.

Windows XP Pro. Spk 3.

Is something being done to fix this? I don’t want Comodo to tell me I can’t have Ad-Aware installed.

We should all migrate to F-Secure, comodo is rediculous.

hahaha, yeah, if you want your computer to die it is the best move :slight_smile:

Xan

Ad-Aware (for manual sweeps - no autostart services)
AVG free.

I wonder if in response to all these problems Comodo would be responsible, and pull their update at least until they made a very clear about how this update will respond to other software. I know users of CFP who don’t even know about forums (i feel sorry for those people), and I can’t imagine what they are going through…

-Tzol

1. Disable any and all active AV scanners from memory.
  2. Ad-Aware is known to cause issues with other software (I have seen it and many other users on here reported similar with issues resolved upon removing Ad-Aware).
  3. It is best to do a clean install of CIS to minimize any possible issues once installed.

(the above has resolved and worked for me, and many other users on here)

The issue is that most of these people, I included, had run CFP with another antispyware along side with no problems whatsoever, in my case Spy Sweeper. why, now, we have to get rid of it ? If 3.5 was trouble free with other apps, 3.8 should be the same, in theory. There are at least 5 threads and about 60 posts with more than 1000 readers interested in those threads that tells me that it is spreading because almost every body runs some kind of antispyware along side his Antivirus and firewall.

I switched Spy Sweeper for SuperAntiSpyware; However, I am not happy about it. My PC is running almost 6 - 10 % more CPU and it is using about 90 - 110 MB RAM of what it used to, and there is some kind of in between the click and the happening.

I am hopeful that support fix this and come with some kind of up date or patch in the near future.

If all automated services of Ad-Aware is disabled, how can Comodo still complain about it?

I really like Comodo’s firewall, but I will have to find a new one if Comodo refuses to fix this.

I won’t be removing Ad-Adware any time soon so its either a version rollback for comodo or uninstall unless this gets fixed. (:SAD)

Anyone confirm if this works?

— HERE IS FIX ----

1. Disable and Deactivate Defense+ on Comodo Firewall.
    Defence+ tab in the program > advanced > Defence+ settings > mark Deactivate Defence+ permanently
  • Restart computer
  1. Uninstall Ad-Aware - Restart computer
  2. Activate Defense+ on Comodo Firewall - Restart computer
  3. Enable Defense+ on Comodo Firewall

There is a few restarts so the whole thing can take a while. Also just as an FYI I don’t use any of the Ad-Aware Adwatch services (I don’t have them starting on boot or loading in background. I don’t use autorun/resident shield/etc…).

No it didn’t work for me.

64 bit Vista
Avira (free version)
Super Anti-Spyware
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Ad-Aware Anniversary Addition

As I mentioned earlier, no programs would open after downloading the last version of Comodo. All of these programs worked fine before the last Comodo update.

I’ve been using Windows firewall since uninstalling Comodo. Am I better off getting rid of Ad-Aware and re-installing Comodo, or leaving it as is, or going to a different firewall?

Hi Guys,

We have identified the problem and are going to issue an update this week . Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Thanks for the feedback and your cooperation,
Egemen

This is good. (:HUG)
Please inform us when it happens.

Until then, Hello Vista Firewall.!! I’m buck.

Amen to that.

:comodorocks:

Oh you mean like it did when comodo updated?

Also Ad-Aware AE is causing issues with CIS. This should be resolved in a update release later this week.