Updated Comodo Firewall on x64

Hey, I switched to Online Armor for the time being. I have used Comodo for a couple of years with no problems but I do want a usable computer.
Tom

thanks. not sure why we should have to do that. hopefully comodo figures it out and gets a update/fix to this problem

I’m having similar problems. 64 bit Vista.

I downloaded the Comodo update and none of my other programs open. I restarted twice, still nothing. I uninstalled Comodo and now everything seems fine, although I’m running spyware & anti virus stuff now to be sure.

That fix posted above seems like its something you shouldn’t have to go through, especially people who are not highly skilled computer experts (I am not).

I turned on Windows firewall for now. I’m weighing other options as well.

I’m having exactly the same problem.

Disabling Defense+ solves it, but I want to enable it ASAP.

Comodo Team, fix this please.

so, i uninstalled ad aware, installed comodo again, works. i do want to use ad aware though :frowning:

now, prob off topic (sry): i’m not sure the firewall actually works anymore. reason is: i get no alerts whatsoever, only defence alerts, but no firewall alerts.
shouldn’t the firewall ask me what to do when a new program tries to connect to the internet? isn’t that a major purpose of a firewall?
the last time i installed comodo i had to tell him that firefox, … should be allowed. now i get no warnings, every program is allowed to connect.
i even wrote a little program myself now connecting to make sure my normal programs aren’t just on some safe-list. no warning, my little program was allowed to connect.

do i have some settings wrong??
sorry again for being so off topic here, didn’t want to start a new topic for this. probably a settings-mistake i made. thanks.

You probably need to change the settings on your firewall. Right click on the CFP icon on the btm right in taskbar and hit the “firewall security level” set the settings to “custom policy mode”. You are probably in “training mode” allows to go through while it learns.

-Tzol

I’m using Vista32 and don’t know if my problem is related to the Vista64 ones since my system is overall working fine. However, since the first firewall update this week, every time I reboot I get a CFP balloon tip telling me that another firewall upgrade is ready for install, which I allow. I use both the Comodo AV and firewall, but that upgrade annoyance leads me to believe there might be other problems with CIS.

I had this problem too, using Vista Ultimate x64. No programs would start, except comodo, unless I booted into safe mode. I tried disabling all comodo services in msconfig and services but that didn’t help.

I actually thought it was a virus but I was confused because I hadn’t run anything except the update before it happened.

I ended up reinstalling vista, and reinstalling comodo too, but I regret installing comodo again now that I see what caused it. Is comodo a virus now? I don’t trust Comodo at all any more. It cost me a ton of download usage downloading updates again, and allot of time to install everything again, Plus the panic of if a virus infected my files. This just isn’t good enough for a firewall, so I don’t think I want to use it any more. What firewall do you guys recommend?

I’m using Windows firewall right now because I cant find another firewall that works with 64 bit Vista. Anyone know any other 64 bit compatible firewalls that are better than the Windows one?

Most any firewall that works with 32 bit vista will work with 64 bit, only drivers realy HAVE to be 64 bit. At least thats what my experience is.

so 32 bit comodo will work with 64 bit?

EDIT: any word from developers or what not on to if this is being worked on? i dont understand how you release an update that doesnt work. wouldnt they test it out to make sure it runs smoothly?

Hi Guys,

Your problems are most probably related to some sort of incompatibility between CIS and some exisitng software. We will be investigating these issues urgently.
But in order to help us, please report all of other security software installed. Especially Antivirus or Antispyware products.

Avast free edition
AdAware Aniversary edition
Spybot Search and Destroy

I have:

AdAware Aniversary edition
Spybot Search and Destroy
Malwarebytes
SuperAntiSpyware
Spywareblaster

Still no fix Comodo Team? Ad-Aware seems to be the culprit.

I wouldn’t say that, its not Ad-Aware that updated and caused incompatibilities with other programs, is it?

Hi mikeol,

That also happens to me, they only ask me once if I would allow a new program to access the net, but any other time it won’t. I suspect when you allowed access to the internet for a program, the “remember this” action was checked? That’s just my theory, because I have it checked.

I have never put Comodo firewall on training mode though.

The other security software that I have installed are:

NOD32
Spybot - Seek & Destroy
Ad Adware (anniversary edition) This is the only conflict for me so far where it won’t run
Malware Bytes
Spyware Blaster

I have just reformatted my computer due to an unrelated matter, but I have the install for Comodo internet security (firewall) before the update, do you think it is a good idea to install the previous comodo and not update until this thing is solved?

So i can still use comodo for the time being? Sounds like a good idea? Or bad?

Cheers. :slight_smile:

I have same issue.

My system:
Vista X64
Avast! free edition
Ad-Aware 2008 ( not running at start-up)

I phrased that wrong, didn’t I? The updated Comodo doesn’t fit well with Ad-Aware.

Glad I found the info here, was on my way to reinstall Vista. As I thought I’d gotten infected during the update.

Nothing works either after an update to 3.8 or a clean install of 3.8. When I updated it I had NOD32 running, but after the clean install I uninstalled NOD32 to try out your virus protection.
I also have Spybot Search & Destroy installed (but not running)

i was going CRAZY! but! using system restore a few times always tnotices the same thing, cis updating, ner version stops program from loading :frowning:
solution i found was to uninstall ad aware anniversary edition

working fine now i guess…