"The network firewall is not functioning properly" [Merged Threads]

I’m running Windows Defender, AVIRA AntiVir PE, and AVG Anti-Spyware.

Is this install CFP 3.0.14.276, and is this an upgrade from an earlier version? If so, there is a patch that needs to be applied, or do a complete clean uninstall/install .

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/comodo_firewall_pro_3014276_has_been_released-t17010.0.html

If it is a conflict with Avira I am not sure where to lead you, as I don’t know much about Avira. Can anyone out there help with this possible CFP conflict with Avira?
Be patient, the solution is just a mouse click away (you just need to find the right spot).

Actually, it turns out to be 3.0.13.268. Should I reinstall, or load the patch?

Most people have used the patch successfully, BUT only most! See https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/please_download_the_new_3014276_and_ask_for_help_on_that_version-t17016.0.html .

I’d do the clean uninstall/install. First, download and save the 3.0.14.276 version (will save time, and internet surfing w/o a firewall later). Right click the CFP icon at bottom right of screen, and click exit. Once the old version of CFP is shut down you can uninstall from the program menu. You will have to restart. After re-boot find the Firewall folder in Comodo file in Program Files with Windows Explorer and delete only the Firewall folder. Then install the new version. Maybe that will do the trick for you.

I downloaded 14.276 from Hippo, and used its Uninstaller to get rid of 13.268. After rebooting, I installed 14.276 error free. However, I still get Network Not Functioning Properly, and Diagnostics fail to start. It asks me to verify the cfpconfg.exe file is in the firewall folder, which it is!

Not sure to tell which Yellow Brick Road to take from here. Did you start a thread in the V3 Bug Report area? Maybe start a new topic there and see if you can flag someone down with more experience with Avira.

Problem seems be due to interference during the loading sequence, which changes and is hard to pin down.

Other users report success with the following procedure:
Uninstall Comodo and reboot
Go to MS Configuration and disable the startup programs (Probably not necessary to do all, but we haven’t figured out the culprit(s) yet. :wink: )
Reboot
Install Comodo
Reboot
Enable the startup programs
Reboot

We have heard success with as little as simply rebooting, disabling Windows Defender, disabling all the Security software, … but not really repeatable. Once it is fixed, doesn’t seem to come back though. Hope this works for you too. :slight_smile:

I’m going to hold off on doing the quadruple reboot for now. Comodo seems to be working, and the Summary Status may be bogus. If I don’t try to run Diagnostics, everything appears normal. I’ll give the developers a chance to ponder!

You should be able to run the diags from the Misc tab at the top.
That part works for me but I have that same error.

I am also using Eset’s Smart Security & know there is a way to disable it’s firewall but I can’t find it.

The Misc diags run, find errors that cannot be fixed, and generate an error report. The report, which is essentially a list of all the files in the Vista OS, doesn’t help me.

Hi,

Please uninstall Comodo Firewall, then download the latest version (Which is v3.0.14.276).

Right click the Comodo Setup file, and choose “Run as Administrator”

Now allow UAC (User Account Control), Too allow it to go through. Install, Reboot.

You shouldn’t have the error messages any more.

Goodluck…
Josh.

Is the errormsg bogus, or is it Really not functioning properly?

I have the same problem:
Comodo 3014276
XP Pro with all updates
ZoneAlarm uninstalled and system restarted before installation
Windows Firewall turned off before installation
Symantec AntiVirus Corporate v.10 - AutoProtect disabled before installation

Installation proceeded with no error messages
After reboot, received the error on the bottom of the control center window
Diagnostics reported no problems but error continues

Any ideas or progress in fixing this bug? I just downloaded it and tried to install with all the default options on a Windows Vista Enterprise x86 but happened the same. I couldn’t repair, since the diagnostic doesn’t run. When I exit the firewall and start with administrator rights, I’m able to run the diagnostics and it asks me to fix the problem, but after a time (and two vista prompts about installing drivers) it tells me it failed.

Any ideas?

I removed it long ago on all vista systrems, sorry to hear it is not fixed yet?? It has been a while.

Pc tools has a vista firewall that works, until the fix try that.

Hi,

I have had exactly the same problem with the previous version and though it was already solved in the meanwhile. Now I have updated to 3.0.14.276 and the problem reoccurs. So here are my steps to solve it for me on Vista 32:

1. uninstall current version, deactivate Windows firewall and additionally disable Firewall service!!
  2. reboot
  3. use msconfig: deactivate all NON MICROSOFT services, deactivate all start up programs
  4. reboot
  5. run CFP setup as admin
  6. choose basic firewall
  7. reboot, after reboot the firewall was still not working with topic error
  8. press CHECK on the summary tab, the program now asks for installing non certified driver. Agree
  9. reboot
  10. msconfig: activate normal system start on general tab
  11. reboot
  12. when the system is up again, no error occurs

I’m not sure if all of these steps are really necessary and please consider I’m working on a german localized system.

My system:
Thinkpad R50p, Vista 32 ultimate, AVAST Antivirus personal, All Thinkpad tools, defender is active

Michael

“The network firewall is not function properly” is the error message i get. When i click on run diagnostics it only stands “check that the file cfpconfg.exe already exists in C:\program files\comodo\firewall”, what shall i do?

I have the same problem. It hasn’t been solved yet, but is addressed in multiple threads. I hope an administrator can consolidate them, and arrive at a solution.

It further says, “Please run the diagnostics utility to fix the problem.” But then it says, “The diagnostics utility did not find any problem with your installation.” I have no idea what to do next. Thank you.