"The network firewall is not functioning properly" [Merged Threads]

This problem is creepily similar to “The Defense+ is not functioning properly” error message.

I tried uninstalling, cleaning the registry, and reinstalling (several times) on WinXP. No luck in my case. (:SAD)

Ironically, I installed it in a friend’s computer, and it’s running with no problem (that I could readily notice)… so it could be something in my PC after all… frustrating…

Perhaps it was not fair and harsh but with a non beta/alpha product, you do not expect to be running around to fix instal problems. Hours running around…

If it is Beta sure…

I look forward to the fix.

G

I can’t help, but in fairness to Comodo I have to say V3 is working fine for me on Vista 64 Home premium.

I recently installed CPF. First logon took a long time, forced the computer to reboot and second login is shorter.

Firewall is working properly, except for the Network Firewall component, which seems to be not working properly. Why, I don’t know, and the Diagnostic program tried to fix the errors, but could not fix it.

So, I had it compile a report as to why it wasn’t working then saved it to the desktop.

Now I’m not seeing it?

Hi LitomoSilver - It looks like you need to perhaps re-install if your repair with the diagnostic tool did not work. See the links at the top of:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v2/faqsthreads_read_me_first-t9364.0.html
for some pointers.

Hi I tried everything re-installs ,and repairs and it keeps telling me in summary status
Network firewall not functioning properly.

How do I fix this?
I am running Vista Ultimate with nod32 antivirus v3.

Thks

Have a look at these threads:
https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/i_cant_install_comodo_firewall_pro-t9508.0.html
There are some fixes to try there.

Still tried all that same problem , i’ll uninstall and wait for a newer ,fixed version.

Too many problems with this

I had 266 build before and it worked fine . I just installed 276 and have this error .
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6042/comodoerror1cy5.th.jpg

after clicking on " Run Diagnostics" I have this
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7261/cme2gj2.th.jpg

Vista x64 ultimate.

Thank you.

I have tried to reinstall it still the same problem . And also tried to install 273 beta and still have it.

I think only 266 works for me dunno why (:SAD)

We have had some reports of interference form Windows Defender. Could you go to MS Configuration and disable it from loading at startup, reboot and see if that helps. You may need to run the installer with it disabled.

i did like you told me . But the problem still exist… I don’t know why it doesnt want to work with 266 version worked fine even with Windows Defender enabled…

Did you actually uninstall and reinstall with Windows Defender disabled? What seems to work for most people, although a little more drastic, is to go to MS Config and disable all the startup programs, uninstall C3, reboot, reinstall C3, reboot, reenable the startup programs, reboot again The problem seems to be connected to interference between programs during the loading sequence, but we have not been able to get a real handle on it because of the variety of systems and solutions. :frowning:

Yes i did like u told me disable WD and then reinstalled Comodo but the problem still exist (:SAD) something was messed up in the new build like i said before 266 worked fine .

Yea, same problem here. I wondered if it was Windows Vista SP1 RC, but it seems others are having it. I have Windows Defender disabled too. Does this happen with other things like Spy Sweeper and NOD32?

I dont have SP1 RC1 installed what i do have is just latest updates for x64 ultimate. I think it doesnt happen with any other programs because i didnt install any other programs just updated comodo and doesnt work. But 266 works.

Running Comodo Firewall on VISTA home basic. System status gives above report. Diagnostics fails to start, telling me to check for cfpconfg.exe file. What gives? ???

After doing the diagnostics about 3 times and rebooting, all is well again. I think the drivers/services are being blocked for whatever reasons. :stuck_out_tongue:

I DID find the cfpconfg.exe file in the Comodo Firewall folder. Why can’t Diagnostics find it?

My Vista Home Basic did the same thing when I installed CFP 3.0.14.276 with TrendMicro. In my case I uninstalled CFP, the uninstalled TrendMicro, then did a clean install of CFP. That cured it. To further the cure I dumped TrendMicro (which I didn’t really like anyway) and installed a trial of Nod32. Sounds like you have some other security software interfering with CFP install. What other security software are you running?