"The network firewall is not functioning properly" [Merged Threads]

What is your OS?

Many people have this problem

Josh

Even me too face the same problem. It says the Defence + is not functioning properly…

I am using Windows XP2 SP2.

Comodo version is 3.0.14.276

256 MB Memory

AVAST is running.

Can anybody please help?

Divyan

Unfourtantely, THIS is a bug in the software that the devs are working on.

Josh.

Ah, OK…

Thanks for you reply. Fine,no problem till they figure out this. Also, sorry I forgot to mention in the post. I was using OUTPOST firewall before and I did not do a registry clean up before installing comodo. (Usually I never do such a thing before installing any software :). Anyway going to try the older version now (2.4.18.184). Let us see how it fares…

Divyan

One question that hasn’t been answered: Is V3 truly ‘Not Functioning’, or is the message in error?

I think it is not working because the rules setup window never appears (only for Defense+)

I have this error message, and when i run Diagnostics it tells me everything is ok.

Yet the error won’t go away…what has gone wrong?

What does the error message say?

See HERE the same problem arises, see if that topic helps.

Josh.

Any progress on this problem??

hi… (:WAV)

i had the same problem but its solved… here is wat i did

• uninstalled the latest version.

• start>search> typed comodo

• deleted all the comodo folders…

• restarted

• ran a registry cleaner software (AWC and ccleaner)

• downloaded the previous version cpf 3.0.14.273

-installed just the BASIC FIREWALL

• restarted

no problem found after installation of this version all system were active…

unlike the latest version were i had reinstalled 10 times but the problem persisted.

• ran update **

• updated and installed 3.0.14.276(go to miscelenous > check for update)

• restarted

then unchecked the box which deactivates the defense+

(go to defense + > defense + settings)

• restarted…

all systems active is the messege at the status bar !! ;D and its the latest version 3.0.14.276

good luck … :slight_smile:

Hi,
I have the same problem on Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

IMHO the major problem is caused by Windows Firewall… anyway, i fixed the problem this way:

1 - Uninstalled CFP
2 - Deactivated Windows Firewall from CP
3 - Disabled Windows Firewall service (please note that I have disabled some related services too: Base Filtering Engine, IKE and AuthIPsec Keying Modules Internet Connection Sharing, IPsec Policy Agent and Routing and Remote Access).
5 - At this point the Security Center was still saying that the PC was protected by CFP so I followed the instructions found at n° 14 in this thread https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html
6 - I used CCleaner and TuneUp utilies to clean up the registry and the temp files (don’t know if this i really necessary)
7 - Rebooted.
8 - Close all applications found in the tray but Avast (don’t know if this i really necessary)
9 - Reistalled CFP with Defense+ enabled.
10 - Rebooted…

…and everything works fine. Hope this will help.
As I said above, I think that the problem is Windows Firewall, but I don’t have a clean Vista installation to test it.

Hi,

I have one additional information:

I think my trouble with updating was caused by MS update KB942763 (time zone updates).
Up to yesterday I was not able to apply the MS update but then I found a hint to uninstall Commodo Firewall, reapply the KB942763 and reinstall the commodo firewall and … everything works fine!!! :SMLR

I think the problem is not KB942763. I think a conflict occurs somehow if there is a errornous applied MS patch. I 'm not sure but I think I can remember that I had a CAPI update failure in the system while trying to install the previous firewall release causing the same problems.

Michael

Hi,here is how I solved the Prolem ;D

I’m running Vista Ultimate 32 whit a wirwless network adaptor.802.11g/b

-Goto Defence+/advance ,check the box Deactivate permanently,and reboot
-Back to Windows,deactivate comodo’s firewall
-Run diagnostic,click install anyway when prompted
-click no to create the log file and click again to install anyway
-Whait t’il you see no more computer activity and then reboot
-At reboot comodo will say that it has found a new network,click the first checkbox
-Start comodo and see the green circle.
-Reactivate firewall and Defence+,reboot and there you are.

Unfortunately after a few crashes a a BSD I had no other choice but to uninstall Comodo Firewall.I’ll wait til’ it has been tuned up.Looking forward for the next vesion.

Right click comodo desktop icon click on run as administrator right click start up icon select open miscellaneous hit diagnostics do what it says restart and it should know work.i have found run as administrator cures a lot of problems in vista

you need to run it as administrator
hit the start button goto programs → comodo
right click comodo firewall Pro
click run as administrator

goto programs → comodo → right click “comodo firewall Pro” run as administrator
run diagnostics in miscellaneous repair if needed
restart

lots of 3rd party software need to be run as administrator
virus/malware software (spybot, ad-aware2007,ect…) (:NRD)

Hi there,

i had this problem, i reinstalled windows vista and it still wouldn’t work, therefore i installed it in safe mode with networking and restarted the computer and it worked :BNC

So do we all still need to do a run a round to get this to work or has a new release with a fix been posted, any news would be appreciated.

G

I installed 3.0.15.
Am running Vista Home Premium 32.
Network Defense and Proactive Defense looks OK, but System Status says the “network firewall is not functioning properly.”
“Run Diagnostics” from this screen does not work (“Failed to start the diagnostics…”),
all files are installed where they should be (I physically checked).
Diagnostics can be run from Miscellaneous, but although it reports errors, it does not or cannot resolve them.
I have downloaded the very latest updates, to no avail.
I have since re-activated Windows Firewall until this one is working.

I am almost complete in a quad core build I am working on and plan to use Vista Ultimate x64 (I have DL the 64-bit version for this build), but am leary of using it if this one cannot function to my satisfaction.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.