TC - and what it will do for you

i hope my victims won’t use CFP3/defense+/ThreatCast too soon. i’m not done with those malware samples yet ;D

don’t worry, i got extra :-))))))

There is a discussion going on about this at Wilders.

Al

Only one post, and closed?

LA

I got to read it before it was modded. :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t worry, nothing very serious, but what LowWaterMark says actually does make sense.

wow I read this thread too before it was closed. There were a couple of guys arguing about the innovative potential of TC, some saying there was already something like that, some the contrary, nothing serious. may be something happened after I read the posts. The only thing I remember is someone saying Online Armor was gonna launch an online service on Monday; there was a link to an example and also that PrevX has also such a service. This is pure intuition but I got the feeling that Comodo is gonna take it to another level, and outperform the existing solutions.
If ThreatCast matches the quality of CFP 3, I can already imagine the face of these guys at Online Armor reading the article in The Register (:WIN)

Well, anyone trying to do what TC does, will face our Legal people! Because we have applied for a patent on it and we believe we should get the patent. Which means this is unique.

thanks
Melih

before they meet your legal people they gonna face ME! (R)

he he… appreciate it Burillo :slight_smile:

Melih

What i said was that i find it hard to innovate after Prevx. I mean, if it is what i think it is. I can’t see how you can do more.

I wait for the news, as i’m sure you have something else that you didn’t mention here. :slight_smile:

But, the whole concept of “500 folks said yes, 2 said no” is really not new, and that alone (just the “500 folks said yes, 2 said no”) is of little value for me - i’m being honest here.
It is something that Prevx (pioneer) and ThreatFire (former Cyberhawk now in PCTools) matured into something really impressive.

But as LowWaterMark says, why speculate. I wait for your news Melih.

Cheers

Let’s wait and see what the different services will deliver. Are the others free, like TC (to the extent Melih has described)?

Hey Japo, are you sure it’s “Help from Above” and not “Help from Below”? ;D

LA

[attachment deleted by admin]

ThreatFire is mostly freeware. It does have a paid version with extra features.
Prevx is now completely paid.

I’m not saying it will be useless, since it will have more features than the described here according to Melih, and it’s free forever, no kidding :slight_smile: .
I am saying that there’s nothing new so far. Prevx Home, the older version of Prevx, was a HIPS that did this already, and CyberHawk also started like that, well at least similar.

There has to be an angle here somewhere.

These days i’m more interested in execution control, script control and perhaps CMG, ie, when it all starts, than trying to detect malicious behavior.
Security is first my criteria for choosing what to install, then defending from what i didn’t ask for.

I don’t think the guys down there (Online Armor or whoever) are or will try to imitate TC. I think they got stuff of their own (stuff I’m not interested in honestly :SMLR), and it’s always good to have some competition in the filed. And how would they have been able to copy TC when TC is not out yet ??? may be there are some online security services that already exist, but that doesn’t matter. People will as usual make their choice.

Dunno, Melih has already said all he could without ruining the patent process. And at the same time this one feature he mentions is not the whole of it, it’s evident that he’s withholding the bulk of it because anyone copying it before the patent is filed would get away with it (“patent pending” sounds nice but legally it means nothing as far as I know at least in the USA).

Melih has already sais what TC aims at, albeit not how will that be accomplished, that is what it consists of. With the security programs in place (CFP with Defense+, CAVS finally released soon), his aim now is to make it possible that any user benefits from them without the usual annoyance that discourages average users. The (impossible) goal is zero popups and uncompromised security at the same time. I’m sure he’s had some innovative ideas as to how to implement this… but all we can do is wait and see.

It’s related to my mod status (and a certain film), not my hellish ascendancy. But now that you’ve blown the whistle on me, you’ll have to die. Don’t worry, it will hurt, but I’ll do it for free. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Oh please. I normally don’t post in any of the forums, but just follow them to keep abreast of what is going on.

On a bit of humourous note I’d have to say TC is Teasing Consumers. From what I’ve read, it does sound a bit like Prevx, and doing that isn’t a bad idea. Applying for patents and sueing people over a mainly free product. That’s a bit of a stretch.

Melih, I know you are preaching to the choir here, but come on. Get real.

The Fractal

eh?

Fractal, you are taking that post too seriously dude… chill out… :slight_smile:

on the other hand, if anyone is infringing our patents and trademarks etc, then its my duty to protect them! Otherwise why have the protection of Patents TMs etc in the first place?

Also you speak of free products as if its worth nothing… I have to disagree.

Also, can someone show me exactly how prevx one work (screenshots would be great)…

on another note, i did make it clear, this is only one small aspect of what TC can do. There will be many other areas which you will see being unfolded step by step. But one of the biggest requests we had was: “Please make it easier for us to answer the alerts. We don’t know how to answer them”. The first version of TC solves that problem to a degree. We are only listenting to our users and coming up with innovation to help them…

Melih

Thank you for listening to us, I do find some alerts hard to handle, and thanks I am sure TC will be great. What are the paid options in TC though? Or will have be revealed when it is released (Early Feb)?

Josh.

the paid for features are further down the road. We will release them all in good time.
thanks
melih

I also say many thanks for listening. Most “customer support” these days seems to involve online webpages with no answers (and no way to ask questions) to weak phone support (usually the endless loop message center). I find the real answers found on this forum rather refreshing. Yes, protect your patents for your “free” products. After all, your reputation is at stake if someone else mucks up your work. Keep up the good fight.

(:CLP)

Maybe this was answered earlier on or maybe this may seem obvious to others but I was just wondering, will TC be integrated into the Firewall, or will it be a separate product?