Questions regarding development of CIS

I would like to buy it, but just transfer the amount and get a mail with download link for the purchase version without giving name, address etc…Or an account number simply as a voluntary transfer.

I confirm, thank you to him :-TU

Will next CIS version officially support Windows 11?

When will there be a new version of CIS?
Unfortunately, on my PCs I had the problem con CIS, the Windows system security not acknowledging again CIS.

From the assistance of COMODO, contacted through pm I have not received any feedback and resolution, so I removed CIS from both PCs …

Going back to CIS … I’m increasingly disappointed with bugs … it’s great protection but it has bugs that other free AVs don’t create on my PCs.

At present, no one can give any expected information on whether there will be a new release in the future.

I have been watching all these comments for some time now and this is why I have to moved over to Bitdefender. I might have to pay for it but as least these are constant updates for the av and the program. It also seems to run flawlessly on 4 laptops and 3 phones and I also have an unlimited VPN.

Its very sad to see people asking for help and hearing nothing from the guys at Comodo including Melih.

Agree, it’s just too quiet in here, why?
Regarding program updates, bug reports are coming in but no updates are coming out…

I agree too. It is a great protection product but the bugs drive away many users who switch to other things.

Seems the favorite topics here lately have been about the presence of bugs and the lack of updates. Although it may concern some, one must ask if either of these annoyances have resulted in ANY decrease in protection (has a RAT gotten through because of the current build being used? Have any files been encrypted because Win Security center doesn’t like Comodo?)

But for those in any way frustrated, one can install CF, keep it simple, and if the need exists for a real-time “dumb” detector (ie, an AV), use WiseVector 2.73.

As for me, because there is nothing to complain about. Everything is running smoothly, I’m still very satisfied with this software/protection.

For me it’s no, no problem
Comodo CIS is based on a protection method including several processes which makes it very efficient
Why rush into an update? This 8012 version keeps the philosophy that I have loved for over 20 years
The few bugs will be corrected on the next release… I think

Same for me

Certainly and without doubt CIS is a great and excellent security product. It has protected my PCs for several decades. However as with any other software CIS has its quirks so there is room for improvement. Or would it, generally speaking, be wiser to stop reporting bugs?

No that’s not what I mean
The number of lines of code for CIS is important, the code modification is subject to very pushed controls to ensure the integrity of the program before outputting a new version.

Surely the safety and protection of CIS is not doubted, but obviously the various bugs, even if minor, still create annoyance and especially in not very experienced users.
I think this is also the reason why many uninstall CIS and choose other solutions.
So I think fixing these bugs, even the smallest ones, would allow more users to choose it.
This version was released about 8 months ago … and it is unknown when a new one will come out.
I repeat this is just my personal opinion that does not cast doubt on the excellent protection of CIS.

Please, do not try to make the impression that everything is fine because cis can protect its users, ignoring all these problems related in this forum. doesnt matter if the product is good enough if it cant be used. and to make things even worse, comodo seems to not care anymore, so why should i?

yes, cis can protect my computer, but with cis installed i cant use it properly… so… why keep cis here if i know that como will not update it anymore? atleast its what seems to me as they just ignore us in their free forum…

I think most users who uninstall do so, not because of any bugs in CIS, but because they don’t have the knowledge to use it properly - and in most cases they don’t want to gain the knowledge to use it properly. I never recommend CIS to novice (even average) users because they want a “fire and forget” security system and CIS is not that. Actually there is no such thing as a “fire and forget” security system but many other vendors market themselves as such and have a simple user interface that makes it look that way too. And people are prepared to pay money for a security system they think they can just install and forget.

CIS has been protecting me for years, but I’ve spent a lifetime in IT so I know how to use it properly. CIS is free software, I think we need to remember that, and despite a few annoying bugs it does an excellent job of protecting my system. I’m enormously grateful to Melih and Comodo for making such an effective and configurable security system available for free.

I confirm from my side the same view of CIS
Thanks to Melih and the whole development team :-TU

We blame CIS for bugs but we hardly ever talk about bugs in Windows to which CIS is attached
I have several PCs and I agree that CIS must be known as much as Windows to have the best protection

I recommend verifying the integrity of Windows before installing CIS

I agree completely on this. Most users who are facing problems are using damaged/corrupted/time worn Windows OS installations in which they previously installed different AV software multiple times (including CIS itself) without properly cleaning leftovers, resulting in awkward Bugs which could be avoided otherwise. In most cases such users are not willing to reformat/clean install their corrupted OS and instead blame their problems on Comodo, always wanting Comodo to solve everything for them, often forgetting they are getting a bulletproof and fully configurable security product free of charge.

Around 99% of CIS users are not facing Bugs which turn it unusable or unable to protect the system, we can assume those 1% of users complaining are facing issues specific to their own OS.

As for Windows 11 it is not officially supported by CIS yet, better wait on the release of a new CIS version fully compatible with Win11.

To ease it up on the speculations about CIS being dead, seems they are still paying the Avlab.pl institute to test CIS protection, so maybe it is not dead yet. They will eventually come up with a new CIS version in the next few weeks/months. Maybe before the end of this year.

Yes, as always, some more communication would be nice…

^^^^^^

Newer is not necessarily better. Company B updates their product more therefore it must be superior? There may be some validity to the corrupt Windows theory. Lots of things can go wrong over the years with an OS. Zorkas’ recommendation makes good sense. Verify the integrity of Windows or better yet, just refresh it. I have CIS .8012 on a 10 year old, 6 year old and a brand new PC and don’t understand what the hullabaloo is about.