Questions regarding development of CIS

its simple. youre all happy until something goes wrong with your pc with this new edition of cis… then you will be just like us… complaining and hullabalooing…

CIS v12.2.2.8012 was released back in March 28, 2021.

Up until now, only a small minority of users complained about issues.

Sorry it won’t happen.

How many PCs do you have ?
For my part 10> with Windows 10> CIS 8012> no problem
It depends on the level of knowledge on Windows and Comodo of each user I think
(I have been using Comodo since version 3)

I never complained and rave certainly not and I use comodo already decades. It’s a question of one’s own actions and character traits, whether I rave right away.

Zorkas

We blame CIS for bugs but we hardly ever talk about bugs in Windows to which CIS is attached I have several PCs and I agree that CIS must be known as much as Windows to have the best protection.

I used comodo on many PCs with nearly all the versions of Windows but in all the years I never got into a rage over comodo.

Mir ist es egal wie sicher andere programme sind und es entschuldigt auch nicht “eigene” Fehler, trotzdem (year 2019):

I don’t care how safe other programs are and it doesn’t excuse “own” mistakes, anyway:

Researchers have disclosed a set of security vulnerabilities in Autodesk, Trend Micro, and Kaspersky software.

On Monday, the SafeBreach Labs published three security advisories describing the bugs, all of which were privately reported to the vendors before public disclosure.

Being able to load and execute arbitrary DLLs with signed software of high privileges could lead to application whitelisting bypass, the evasion of cybersecurity protections, persistence – as the software runs on startup – and potentially privilege escalation, the researchers say. …“The vulnerability gives attackers the ability to load and execute malicious payloads in a persistent way, each time the service is loaded,”…

I never had problems like those above or do you want it?

Greg of Los Alamos, NM Verified Reviewer

Original review: June 11, 2021

Actually I use the Kaspersky Internet Security which adds a firewall to the antivirus. I have used Kaspersky for over 12 yrs and never had any problems. No breaches of the firewall. No malware or other viruses. No info lost or held for ransom. It can take a little time to tune it to your preferences if your an advanced computer person, but newbies will have no problems with its default settings.

So it is with comodo. I think, not all Kaspersky-User can confirm this statement and there are surely some who are ‘complaining and hullabalooing…’ about Kaspersky’s IS-Software.

i see that you guys are here just to defend your favorite company… thats sad, i like cis too but i cant ignore how they ignore us and their own product, and i cant ingore these prolems that are here as it sems to stay as they are not solved yet and they got reported since almos 2 years or more…

You’re not looking at the big picture. CIS is a free, comprehensive and highly configurable tool that does a better job of securing your system than pretty much anything else available. There are minor glitches in almost all software at some time or another but what you’re forgetting is that 99.99% of CIS works flawlessly and does the job you want it to do.

As for the last major update being ‘two years or more’ ago, there have been no major changes to the underlying Windows technology in that time, there have been no major changes to the underlying technology of the protocols on which the Internet is based in that time, and even though there almost certainly have been changes in the types of malware in that time, the containment technology in CIS will catch them.

If you know of a free security tool that is as configurable and comprehensive as CIS - and which employs default deny containment technology - then I’m sure we’d all love to hear about it.

???

In shorter time comodo stopped twice css because remote computers tried to manipulate my computer - comodo with so many bugs.
In decades I didn’t have anyonce problems with malware, trojans, worms a.s.o. a.s.o.

Now please tell me why I should complain about bugs that I don’t have. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the favorite company, that’s nonsense, but you are right, I am very grateful to Melih and the staff for giving me such a security software. How horrible it would have been if the stopped malware by cis could have manipulated my PC during online banking unnoticed.

Most users are probably non paying users, including myself at this time. Someone else mentioned something about character. Most would consider it poor form to complain about something that one received for free. If I paid a subscription, then I would feel entitled to a certain degree of customer support.

If I had a serious issue with CIS, I would be trying to work with Comodo staff making the required, detailed reports if it was a bug. If not, I would be trying to troubleshoot my Windows/CIS installation, researching and investigating with the help of the user guide and this forum. If I still came up short, I would consider asking for advice through the forum or directly to staff. In the end, if I couldn’t make it work, I might be disappointed that I’d have to look for a replacement. CIS≠CISSY.

you guys are not getting the big picture here.

im a long time cis user too and i was really happy with it, until it started making my computers a total cr#p. and all these bugs that one day i myself said it was something related to who was complaining computers, now i have the same problems and i have total conviction its nothing related to the computers i have tried so far.

and all these problems have being reported here for about atleast 2 years and none was solved… thats it.

to the guy who said windows security technologies have not received major changes… wth are you saying dude? go check defeder technology changes since windows 10 to now… its an abism of differences and new implemented technologies.

No one here knows anything of your computer and what you are doing with it. In the long, long, long time I’m using cis I do have only one problem but this problem (as I know now) has i.e. to do with windows.
It’s up to you to use another software. CIS is running and protecting on all my computers beginning with Windows based on (I think) DOS. At no time I had serious problems with cis and if, then often sat in front of the computer as an absolute layman.

Problems arose, not only with cis, when I installed any software that seemed interesting. So I messed up my PC and I always thought it was because of Windows. I had a very good supervisor of my first PC, who got angry when he noticed that I was trying some ■■■■■■ programs again.

Why do some have so many problems which others don’t have?

But I never had such a total loss (what on earth are you doing :-((

until it started making my computers a total cr#p

My PC runs smoothly, my progams installed do so and CIS as well - it does an excellent job on MY PC for many, many, many years!

Thank you, “comodo”

That’s now all from me on this subject. Isn’t worthwhile for me furthermore.

CES version 12.6.0.8441 released, when to expect a new CIS version?

That is not even the latest version, CCS is at version 12.9.0.8649 and was released just last month, CIS is unlikely to have another release before the end of this year. Maybe after the new year they might actually put effort into developing CIS, but even then I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a new release.

The CIS is dying …?

Not at all my PC stays alive with him :slight_smile:
This is not on the agenda since the Staff collect user feedback

… to use the feedback to implement improvements and bug fixes only in the corporate version.

I already thought that this would happen someday, very sad.

I don’t understand the logic of Comodo.

Even if the current version works well enough, if they would release CIS betas periodically, they would have feedback from experienced users that would be useful.

Some time ago Comodo Staff said:

Possibly Ming also left the company and they have issues in finding someone to take charge of CIS releases. In other words, a new CIS version is taking this long to be released due to possible issues with development team.

Comodo Staff or Mods feel free to correct me, this is just a wild guess on my part.

Do not forget that the Covid 19 has been there which disturbs everyone, especially businesses

Hi guys, I’m still in comodo, and I’m busy with the release of the new version, I hope everyone will be patient. “Do not forget that the Covid 19 has been there which disturbs everyone, especially businesses”

Thank you for your concern for Comodo.