Questions regarding development of CIS

Where does that UI come from?
Is it a current CIS UI theme or UI of a new CIS version or else?

Isn’t that lycia theme?

Nope, lycia is the default theme which I’ve used since CIS installation, just tried the other themes it’s the Arcadia one.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/comodo-cis-dead-who-knows-more.441084/
As long as it keeps up with Microsoft windows changes and it'll work with windows 11. Cis Protection plus the virtual destop, ISE, CSS is still great. The bugs that people reported problems with that affect there machine should have bug fix updates more often. That's it. Maybe the U/I :) too
Remember how all of Comodo's other personal products died.
I assume this person is talking about these side projects below and maybe (icedragon)
Child Boards: Comodo Cloud Antivirus - CCAV, PrivDog - PD, Comodo Rescue Disk - CRD , GeekBuddy PC Health Check - PCHC, Geekstein, Comodo Verification Engine , Comodo Cloud , Comodo Backup - CB, Comodo System Utilities - CSU, Comodo Instant Malware Analysis Online - CIMA , Endpoint Security Manager 2.0 Business Edition , ESM Console for Windows Phone, Earlier versions of CESM, Endpoint Security Manager 1.6, Comodo Unite (EasyVPN) - CUnite, Comodo Disk Encryption - CDE, Comodo Programs Manager - CPM, Comodo Network Center - CNC, Comodo HopSurf - CHS, Comodo Round the Clock - RTC, Comodo AntiSpam - CAS, Verification Engine - CVE , Comodo Secure Email - CSE , Comodo Cloud Scanner - CCS, Comodo Anti-Viruspyware (CAVS) , Comodo BOClean Anti-Malware , Comodo Diskshield, Comodo Firewall, i-Vault , Launch Pad (Discontinued), Comodo Meet (Web Conferencing Product) (Discontinued) , Comodo Memory Firewall(Buffer Overflow Protection) , Safesurf, Trusttoolbar (Discontinued) , Trustfax (online faxing) , Trustix Enterprise Firewall, User Anywhere (Remote Access product) (Discontinued), UserTrust - First Independent Website Rating - Empowering our users!, Comodo Vulnerability Analyzer - CVA , ZTL, Comodo LoginPRO - LPRO
Some were a building block that eventully got added and/or intergrated to CIS like Comodo Cloud Scanner - CCS, Comodo Anti-Viruspyware (CAVS) , Comodo BOClean Anti-Malware, Comodo cloud and so on

Some never worked out or not popular enough like Safesurf, Trusttoolbar (Discontinued) , Trustfax (online faxing), Privdog, and so on

are you waiting for Melih and will officially announce)))
Whenever they release a update, it'll be ready. Until then only time will tell. Yes, more infomation would be nice

Favorite excuse, when someone was still moving in this morgue.

Hello. I correctly understood that the developers have’t confirmed the development of new version Comodo Firewall (with official support for Windows 11), but the latest version will work normally on Win 11, without problems with protection?

Stop criticizing you are off topic !ot!
The purpose of this topic is to give opinions on this version

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/comodo-cis-dead-who-knows-more.441084

I noticed C.O.M.O.D.O RT is actively collecting logs from user reported problems, why would they do that for a dead product? They probably are working on the next CIS version and it may take a while due to a possible larger list of fixes and/or possible new UI as Melih recently asked for suggestions regarding a new UI and etc.

Remember in the last few CIS releases how people heavily complained about the list of Bug fixes being not that impressive. I bet this has something to do with this long waiting time for the next release. >:-D

I can only hope that all reported problems here on this forum will be fixed not only in the paid / Corporate CIS version…

Well they do need to make sure the applied fixes will not create new Bugs for the paid / Corporate CIS version… So they need to release a new free / consumer CIS version to check this. ;D

Agree, but in case they don’t release new free / consumer CIS versions anymore then I’ll stop reporting problems at once…

More communication with userbase is needed, otherwise people will keep speculating that CIS is dead… As always, more information would be nice.

Meanwhile CIS prevents PCs from dying by malware… >:-D

Fixing ancient versions of old bugs would be nice. A new UI, I don’t see the need. Bugs are the most important. The UI is just window dressing.

As for a new version, I’m on 8012, which is only a few months old. It’s working for me. No malware has gotten onto my computer. In fact, no malware has ever gotten on my computers in the years I’ve used Comodo, and that includes a couple of years ago when I delayed upgrading for 2 years during a bad release. Set it up like Cruelsister says and you’re good.

Comodo works. It’s the best security for the average user and for business there is. There is no need for 2 or 3 new versions every year. Be happy you’ve got something like Comodo.

If it was any other company, we wouldn’t be getting all we get for free. And the pay version is a bargain as well, if you want to buy it. It would cost double the price from some other companies.

I think if you want to complain, buy the software. Then, you have a stake in the game and are justified in complaining. Melih is handing us just about the best deal in the world for nothing. Be grateful.

Whether the software is free or paid for, users always report problems they encounter (so that these problems can be corrected). Logical and human. :wink:

The corporate version Comodo Client Security v12.9.0.8649 for this year, starting in March, it’s 7 major updates with bug fixes and the last of October 6, with the official support Win 11.The corporate version is ruled by the error here is not doing anything. And here it is possible though to beat the alarm and silence.

I can’t exactly follow what you’re trying to say, can you rephrase please?

In the enterprise version, fix bugs and update the version.Here they only ask about bugs and no fixes

Hmmm, looking at the update rate of the paid / Corporate version I’m wondering if the bugs reported here get resolved in those updates first.

:-TU :-TU