Product updated to latest version. Windows continuosly popup to update again.

Yeah, it’s still doing the update nag.

I have edited the task to disable triggers by editing them this time, going to see if this works.

This is incredibly annoying.

Just an FYI, even editing the scheduled task did nothing. Update popup keeps coming up every day, sometimes 2 times a day.

Comodo has become a nagware at this point. The only solution is to completely turn off any updates and risk not updating virus database or get any critical program updates. Seems like a bad idea for an antivirus/firewall to have such an issue.

CIS also has cloud look up of unknown files so you always have the latest av definitions even when the local database is not up to date. As a workaround you could you try to update the AV manually?

Did you find a solution for this popup? Been getting it for a few weeks and it’s driving me nuts. Reinstalled and does not appear until an update occurs.

Yes I managed to stop it by disabling Comodo in the start-up settings shown below.

Perfect. needed to install autoruns, but now have it turned off. Thanks

Does anyone know why I keep getting pop up notices from Comodo to download/install Comodo updates version 12.2.2.2.8012 repeatedly? At first, I downloaded/installed it, but notices keep appearing to do this again and again. I have contacted Comodo support several times and have been told: It is an error they are correcting on the Comodo servers, it will be corrected by the end of the week, no… I don’t need to uninstall/reinstall Comodo, etc. etc. etc.
This has been going on over a month now. Maybe somebody on this forum has an answer to this, as support doesn’t seem to have a clue.

Hi BobW,

Thank you for reporting, do you mean that comodo update window(check for program update tab) repeatedly shows “updates are ready to be installed” even if CIS is updated to version 12.2.2.8012 right ? (Refer the Enclosed screenshot)

If not kindly provide us the below details for further investigation:

1. Win version and system type(64bit/32bit) ?
  2. Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?
  3. If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened.
  4. Is there any other security product installed on your machine?
  5. Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc.
  6. If possible, any related screenshots.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi, thanks for the reply. No, the screen shot that you have shown is not what I am talking about. Your screen shot is what takes place when normally doing a scan or update check . Those two functions work perfectly well and if updates are available it downloads them and then indicates the process has completed correctly.

The repeated notice I am getting (looks like your screen shot) pops up randomly regardless of what site I am on and asks if I want to down load Comodo updates. It displays 'What’s New" and if you click on that it brings up Comodo Update Version 12.2.2.2.8012. It gives info. that explains what this version does and that it is suppose to include enhanced features. I believe it states it was released in March 2021.

As stated previously, contacting Comodo Geek Buddy Support (4 times and they have taken over my my screen) has proved useless. That also is surprising that they could not eliminate or fix this. And… when I manually do a Comodo scan and updates, and it states everything is completed and up to date, why hasn’t this version 12.2.2.2.8012 downloaded as part of this update process?

I have Windows 10, pro, 64 bit and sorry , I believe I keep putting an extra 2 in the update version. It is as you listed in your 1st response: 12.2.2.8012.

Hi BobW,

Could you please share us the screenshot of repeatedly popup that you receives ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Please see attached screen shot that I am having a problem with that you have requested. To review: It pops up randomly several times a day. This has been going on for over a month. Downloading/installing it does not eliminate it from continuously wanting to be downloaded and installed over and over again. Even when I actually click on Comodo and do updates and it indicates that they have downloaded completely (the Comodo site will indicate it is up to date and everything is working correctly), I will still get this pop up that wants to download/install version 12.2.2.8012. repeatedly. A previously stated, several online chats with Geek Buddy Support has produced nothing in correcting this problem. Am I really the only Comodo customer who is experiencing this? My System: Windows10, Pro,64 bit.

I hope with looking at this screen shot you will have a suggestion as why this occurs and how to eliminate these daily pop ups. And… why isn’t 12.2.2.8012 installed (or is it) when I do updates myself?

Thank you,
BobW

Hi BobW,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. Could you please check your inbox for private message and respond.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

These are the screen shots that you recently requested. The problem of 12.2.2.8012 still wants to install over and over again.

These are mine “Proxy and Host Settings”:

https://download.comodo.com/
https://download.comodo.com/

Two same entries.

Please see attachment. When I clicked on both of what you just sent, I get the following on both of them.

Sorry, but don’t click on them here they don’t work that way. The forum converts those lines to links (not intended to be links).

I just wanted to show you what I have listed in my “Proxy and Host Settings” which is different from what you have.
Maybe you could try them both too and see if that resolves the update issue.

Ok I will click both of them “on”. Interesting though, when this problem first began over a month ago and I contacted Geek Buddy Support ( 4 different times) they took control of my screen each time, and on one occasion one of their techs “unchecked” the 2 boxes you are talking about. I will click on both and we will see if it makes any difference. Thanks again.

For clarity I’ve attached a screenshot of my “Proxy and Host Settings” window which shows the two equal entries.

I have just viewed my proxy & host settings. It looks exactly like yours now. The problem still exists. I guess the solution will be to just keep clicking it off when it randomly pops up to install over and over unless you have another suggestion.