Product updated to latest version. Windows continuosly popup to update again.

Hmm I’m wondering, suppose you would disable / untick everything in the “Advanced Settings → General Settings → Updates” window would that stop the update window from appearing?

I have just done what you suggested. Let’s see what happens.

The best thing you can do is to do a clean re-install, it is a bug when updating and checking for updates after updating to a newer version using the program updater, sometimes it produces this bug where it always says updates are available even if you have the latest version installed.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have the most current uninstall/reinstall for Comodo Internet Security ( free version)
Windows 10, Pro, 64 bit.? Interesting note. If you have read through all my messages regarding this problem, over a month ago, when I first began contacting Geek Buddy support (4 different times), I asked if I should just … UNINSTALL/REINSTALL the program. The absolute, definitive, 100% answer was … NO, that is not necessary. If you can send me the most up to date link , I will do what you suggest and perhaps I should have done this over a month ago, not listened to Geek Buddy support, and saved myself all this time.

Have you tried switching the update settings back on and see if the issue returns?
It could save you the time of doing a full uninstall and re-install (unless you really want to start anew of course).

Yes, that is a good idea. I will do that also. Can you send the link just I have it if it is available?

The most recent download links (for both the offline or online installers) can be found in the release topic here: Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.8012 Released

It is advisable to first uninstall using Windows Remove Programs and after that has finished also run the Official Comodo Uninstaller tool to remove any CIS remnants (when using this tool don’t forget to reboot twice, also read things first). The tool can be found here: Official Comodo Uninstaller v3.1.0.45 Released

Thanks again. Appreciate your input.

Hi

I have CIS v12.2.2.8012, and it keeps trying to update often even though the “Whats new” selection on the update popeup says the latest version is 12.2.2.8012.

The update page does “Checking for program updates”, then it says “Updates Available”. Clicking “Update Available” gives a popup that says “Update are ready to installed. Would you like to install them now?” If I select “Yes” it then looks like it goes about updating (Download update → Create restore point → Update complete. This happens multiple times a week and it seems it never does the considers itself done. Clicking the “View logs” selection on the Update windows shows a popup that says “cfpconfig.exe Completed”

Looks like

• Signatures updates
  • Website database updates
  • recognizer is up to date
  • but program updates always says it has updates to install.

I would include snipits of the different popup views, but I haven’t been able to find where to do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks…

See this thread and the advice:

Constant Update Message

Hi msousa,

Sorry for the inconvenience, may i know your Win version along with the system type (32bit/64bit)?
And it is a known issue & happens randomly, Anyhow we have reported to the team and they are working on it.
Could you please restart your machine and check, because we found that the restart sometimes solves the issue for time being.
Kindly let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Could disabling the option “Check for program updates” temporarily make your life easier

and run manual updates from time to time ?

Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 2.00 GHz
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 21H1
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

I restart my laptop about once a month to clean things out, and each time it wants to update even though it’s already up to date.

Hi msousa,

Thanks for providing the information, we have reported to the team.
We will update you once we got any information regarding this issue from the team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT