Pls tell us your views! Its important

Glad you like it :wink: Enjoy!

Wow, first positive comment about user friendliness that I read. Previously, many have been complaining about the complex nature of CPFā€™s interface. I guess Comodo is really making some progress. :slight_smile: Heheā€¦

Anyway, welcome to the forum and glad you like the softwareā€¦

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

great firewall (B) better then over rated useless payed ones. good work comodo (B)

Not interested. Already got several for my browser and it seems to be integrating itā€¦ so limited usefulness.

I have no need in such a program.

Could be useful at times to have this option while looking at new sites

Just like to say ,what a wonderful suiteeof products you have produced. Especially when they are free, the verification engine has helped me out many times in warning me of suspect web-sites. I have your products on all my pcā€™s and virual ones too. Keep up the good work, but would like to see a anti-spyware program, vulnerability program and intrusion detection system if that was possible.
You grat products, which I recommend to anyone who asks my advice.

NightRider (:CLP) (L)

Hi,

The antispyware is integrated with the antivirus in the Comodo AntiViruSpyware application. Also, CPF has an intrusion detection and a intrusion prevention system. :wink:

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by Vulnerability program, is this like scanning your computer for vulnerabilities such as for updates, or setting changes, etc?

Mike

first of allā€¦ thx for your comodo personal firewall product. Maybe one guess for the future: A good thing would be, if itĀ“s possible in future updates, to import and export firewall rules in the network and application layer.

And one question: Do network control rules overrule application rules or the other way round?

Best regards (:HUG)
Chuckomino

Hi chuckomino and welcome to the forums,

The rules in CPF is implemented in this order: Parent Application Rules and then Network Rules. There are three rules actually, but I donā€™t remember the third one. But I am pretty sure that Application Rules is impemented before the Network Rules.

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

I would like to say thank you for offering this firewall and the other security applications for free, it is most generous of you. Iā€™ve just installed the latest beta version today and it is an excellent package for a free firewall.
I was using CHX-I v3 latest beta with Look ā€˜nā€™ Stop using only itā€™s application filtering and Process Guard v3.410. I have used Tiny Pro v6 and v6.5 but I much prefer this firewall so far.

So congratulations and all the best with your future endeavours.

Peter C

Hello Peter C,

I am glad you enjoy the firewall, please be sure to spread the word about Comodo to your friends! Oh did you know Comodo currently has an antivirus program that is also free? It is still a beta but it is a good beta at that, get more info about it here.

Hello, justin1278

I have just downloaded Comodo AV and will install it later on, at the moment I donā€™t have any issuses with the firewall as I use it with a NAT Router and the Wizard set it up without any hiccups. I have an AMD 1 gig CPU with 512mb ram, this is my 3rd year using Nod32 so will be interesting to try Comodo AV. I have also downloaded the Verification engine but not installed yet, I quite like the concept of it as I use internet banking occasionally.

PeterC

(V)

A few months ago,i downloaded CPF and CAV and i was surprized by it. In the first place because it was free,in the second place because it is simple to use just let it run and forget about it.
Before CPF and CAV,i used ZA Pro and AVG free. Because my license of ZA Pro did end,i downloaded their Free version. Troubles al the way,that ā€¦ me a bit of,and i went looking for an other firewall.
And so i my attention came to Comodo,and i love it!

Today i looked for a update and ran onto the ā€™error 104ā€™ problem. So i searched here on the forum and found the answer. Downloaded the newest version,installed it and its running well.
Thats why i registered right away,purhaps i can help someone sometime.

Comodo,i respect the fact that you make a good piece of software. For free!

So,i am Brakovich a newbie and iā€™m from the Netherlands.

Welcome to our Comodo Family Brakovich!

We are happy to have you on board with us.

Melih

Couldnā€™t it be solved by using exisiting certificate based security and https?

Flawless install and setup; a no-brainer, but quite configurable. Thank you Comodo!!!

I really like your products. Easy interface, easy to configure and you can let it be without getting any problems. There might be things you need to configure but other than that you can let it be and forget it.

On the otherhand your products are resource hogs. The firewall and antivirus take up way too much memory. If you were able to cut that down, I could not see any reason why your company would not be the leader in computer security. Please keep me informed if the resource usage has been cut down because I am looking for and antivirus/firewall alternative.

Also if you were to come out with an AntiViral Suite that incorporated your antivirus and your firewall with a much less resource usage, I think the industry would have a big competitor.

You guys are getting rave reviews and you deserve it but if you could change the memory issue, you guys will be on top!

we already addressed the mem usage in our firewall. the latest version takes up much less than the previous one.
CAV is being worked on and next version due out next month will also have reduced mem usage.

Melih

Sorry to readdress the issue but itā€™s really the only fault I see with the product.

Other than that keep it up, I cannot wait to see the other releases.

Right now I have it installed only on my laptop so I can see the updates and the differences.
As soon as you guys get it lower, Iā€™ll definitely migrate it to my PC.

I will definitely spread the Comodo name.
You guys are really getting up thereā€¦

(:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)