Pls tell us your views! Its important

(Raphael: Bemvindo ao forum, obrigado pela forca, e - se prefirir - por favor visite-nos no cantinho Penta [Hexa?] aqui: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/board,37.0.html )

Well, if your computer can barely run a browser, and you don’t have anything secure on it, why would you need it? I voted yes, but that is a possible scenairo.

Well if you have given up on life in general, then i agree you don’t need it :slight_smile:

Melih

Tried the new Mode 3 tweek in the registry and I`m very impressed. Overall performance of this software is top notch. Keep up the great work guys, I think you have a winner. (V)

Melih,

There are MANY toolbars available that already do this. ebay, Netcraft & others. If you have an idea for a better mousetrap, then by all means build it. Just be ready for slow acceptance due to the need already being met with current products.

From the perspective of a guy who makes a living fixing stuff… You can lead a user to water, but they’ll still click “Ok”.

Rgreene501

There is NO toolbar that does what VE does. I think you must have mistaken what VE does.
VE is about Content authentication. It authenticates web content. eg: logo, login boxes etc. The toolbars you mention simply display an indicator when you go to a site. There is a big difference.

On the other hand, i agree that introducing a new concept is a slow process as there is a huge education involved.

Content Authentication is ONLY possible with VE!

Melih

I would definitely be interested as I do a lot of banking / shopping on line. My only request / requirement would be that the program is proven to be so reliable that I can feel absolutely and totally confident that I can rely on it. 100%!

These programs that “help you identify possible” security or fraud threats are just about useless to me. I can either trust this type of software to protect and advise me or I cannot trust it. For me, there is no middle ground. If I cannot have absolute confidence in that type of software 100% of the time, then I don’t want it in my way.

I hope something like that is actually “doable”.

(B)

You’re right in stating that I would be mistaken. I only took a token glance and responded before actually researching. I’m happy to be proven wrong in situations like this. You actually save me some preliminary homework by evangelizing your ideas. :wink: Now I have a glimpse of the potential value and can weigh that against the value of the time required to evaluate the product.

Well we have done it already :wink:
Called Verification Engine www.vengine.com
I invented this product and patented it around year 2000 :wink: and we are making it available for free to everyone.
you can download it for free (small application) then it will tell you if the bank site is authentic or not, by putting your mouse over their logo etc :slight_smile:

I think its cool! (but then i again i might be slightly biased as this is one of my babies:-) )

Melih

I think its cool! (but then i again i might be slightly biased as this is one of my babies:-) )

Melih,

VE is cool, you’re not biased you’re just telling the truth ;D

Mike

No problem at all rgreene501 :slight_smile:

I am glad that I was able to show you the need in the market place for “Content Authentication” and our solution as the only one being able to do that :slight_smile:

Please give us your feedback as to how you see it can be improved further.

thanks
Melih

I use the internet extensively for many purchases. While some software exists that will verify a website, software that can evaluate the site ie: credit card logo etc would definitely be an acvantage. So far I’ve been lucky!!!

It’s always good to have some kind of ‘tool’ to verify, as far as possible, that what you believe is genuine - is! I teach basic internet and email to senior’s in WA Australia and I am often asked about shopping and banking online. Anything that helps ‘Us’ is always welcome.

I take this opportunity to express my views on COMODO. I read about the firewall in an online forum and applied it to my PC. I have had a varied number of software applications rated by experts as the best available. I was very disappointed in the ones I paid for and discouuraged by the shareware and free materials.
All that was prior to my experience with Comodo. I have four applications installed and all are exceptional. The premise of building Trust really caught my attention. The quality of the applications and the funcionality are beyond anything available today.
Life may not be forever but Trust certainly is. Congratulations, I commend your concept and will tell anyone I know how to avail of your services.

Yokum

I was using sygate and i moved to the commodo on searching on the net. yes, you are doing a tremendous job by giving a very good product free and you deserve to get something in return :

You can seek the following from the customer :

Details of the customers with the financial background - Data could be used to market financial products and you can earn your commision for introducing a good customer.

Offer your services to the bank and other financial institution which provides internet bank at a bulk rate.

Hope u will read and revert with your views

I work as CISO of a bank. with vpn tunnels everywhere the end user computing is very critical and needs to be kept safe.

You have all the tools required for the end user computing. What is the management mode for a company which has got 1000 pc to manage. how do we propogate the updates.

Can your firewall software inform the enterprise server about a newport being open in a pc situated anywhere in the bank.

Can you build a software around this to block the usb drives which are basically in the form of storage and leave the pheripheral like keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner to work

revert

You are an excellent help to get Comodo into banking sector!
So can we please ask you to help us understand a bank’s requirements in detail so that we can build a product specifically for them.

Can you outline each and every feature u would need or you already have but would like to see etc etc.

thanks
Melih

I believe you are on the right track. This is a problem for sure. My mother is 82 and still alive and well. Last summer she got some mail asking her to renew her cars warranty. It looked valid enough but it asked questions they should have already had the answers to. I told her I would stop at the Ford Dealer and check it out for her. It was a scam. He told me how many older customers had given out important personal information because they had not checked the material out. They believed the material to be real. Now we have seen this on the Internet where they can fake all kinds of corporate symbols and trade marks. It would be a challenge, but it I really believe someone has to start doing something to help the most illiterate of PC users who don’t know or care. You would be in some ground breaking areas of protection and I wish you the very best. (L)

Thank you Dutchman :slight_smile:

Melih

A very usefull software with userfriendly interface
Binod