Pls tell us your views! Its important

what usage is CPF on your machine?
Melih

(S) Hi Melih (:WAV)

I’m a UK Pensioner living in Spain and enjoy my PC for e mails and information! but need to keep costs down, I had a major problem last month with either a trojan/virus after I had a fake Microsoft warning message ,it crashed the system and just would not boot up for anyone???
Whatever it was, my PC needed expensive surgery, new motherboard etc etc, I had used what I thought were reliable protection, 1st enabling the XP Firewall , 2nd the free Zone Alarm Firewall. the AVG virus protection, as I only have a modem dial up connection so I thought ( famous last words ) I was safe.

The monetary cost was nothing compared to the lost files and programs, it even corrupted my 2nd hard drive used to back up thousands of Mp3s and family pictures and programs.
Now I’m back on line… but this time I found when I used Google it came up with something new to me < COMODO > …

It did take a long time downloading the 2 major set ups, the FIREWALL & ANTIVIRUS.
But boy was it worth it, the easy set up takes away any guess work and once in place I don’t need to worry as it’s all updated without stopping anything when I go on line! and the best thing is it’s all FREE FOR LIFE.

So from a young at heart Silver Surfer, Thank you, Thank you,Thank you,
Bill Gates should take note, you can’t take it with you, but I guess you’ll try.
Wishing you all the best for the future…

Peter (:CLP)[
SPAIN

Hi Peter

Enjoy the sun and the ■■■■ and have a pint on us pls:-)

I am glad you like Comodo, we are trying hard to secure all our end users for free. Please feel free to help us make our products better.

Small favour : Pls make sure everyone in your local pub knows about Comodo :slight_smile: The more the merrier.

cheers

Melih

Hi guys!

I’m now using (for testing purposes) a firewall program from Lavasoft. Before that I used Sygates Personal firewall which was great and so far - the best. Now I ran into COMODO’s firewall program and I’ve to say it looks very promising. What I liked about Sygates proggy was that it was familiar, easy to use and configure, plain and simple GUI, ate less resources and the application control is superb.

Here comes COMODO.

Installed COMODO firewall a few days ago and as I said looks very promising. But it takes time to get to know the software well. You have to have a basic knowledge in safe computing before installing any firewall software, worst case would be a broken internet connection or full zombie computer.

One thing that put me wear the great hat of wonders was the application control/rules list. What programs/services are allowed to access www or not. I got it workin pretty well but I think it offered too much information at once. After selecting the “trusted” programs to the firewall it worked as I thought it would. Quickly I noticed that there are tons of settings and features available for free. Same sort of settings were available in Sygate Personal Firewall PRO version which costs money.

So I need to play more with my newest firewall toy to get to know it better. Will post opinions later :smiley:

Your firewall is awesome!
Thanks for souch a good quality product for free! It’s really excelent!

But there is one think I’d like to request, but I think I’ll found a topic in personalfirewall forum subdivision.

Thanks again for souch a perfect product!

Comodo Firewall:
Hi & Thanks for Comodo Firewall;
It’;s realy very good and have some need feature…

You can hard work for this product and i think you can win at this section (Firewall Application)…

Comodo AntiVirus:
I’m test this antivirus beta edition, but is not good, because:

• it’s very slow in scan
  • is not good for On-Fly
  • have many bug
  • when scan a file first bust load Search Enginien (20 sec,)
  • in update not good work

(Sorry for bad english…)

I’m use Firewall but don’t want user AntiVirus… :wink:

Melhi,
I just joined. Did so because I’m interested in the Comodo firewall.
Hope to find some simplified user guiides here.
About the internet id application, it’s a good idea that will require a tone of start up work and almost as much to keep the files maintained.
I use the ratings systems such as Site Advisor.

God luck,
j.

welcome aboard J.

Melih

With Spyware, Adware, hackers, you name it ,just going to a Illegitimate Web Site can
start you on a road of nothing but trouble, we need a program that can detect a web site
that is up to no good. I am 1000 percent for it. (L)

Being sick with the Flu, I clicked NO. I meant to click yes. >:( <forgive me great Melih!
Especially with all the new browser\web site hijackings now and in the near future that are under way. Sounds great. A month ago,I probably wouldn’t have said yes but I think it would be a good idea.

Paul

Hello Everybody!

I’m using CPF since few weeks and I have never had any problem with this software. It works very well with Avast! Home on my PC (XP Home, AMD, 512 RAM, ATi Radeon 9200SE, 160GB HD). I tested CPF with Spybot, Spyware Terminator, Windows Defender and had no problem.
Thank you very much Team Comodo for such a great freeware. I encourage everybody to use this product, especially Sygate users. I too was looking for a new firewall since Symantec bought it.

Kind regards from Germany

Pierre-Richard

```
 ;D >:( >:( (:NRD)

Melih,

I like the idea. I am assumming that it would be a small add on. Anything to build a better fence. Keep up the good work.

WMR

YES SURE ,WHY NOT, AND MY THANKS TO YOUR TEAM OF ENGINEERS, WHO ARE PUTTING UP THIS GREAT JOB, MY ZA SUBSCRIPTION WAS ABOUT TO FINISH, AND I WAS LOOKING FOR A BETTER PRODUCT AND THERE IT IS I AM ON THE RIGHT TRACK AND ITS LOADING MUCH FASTER THEN ZA,AND I AM FEELING THAT MY COMPUTER IS IN STEALTH MODE AND A LITTLE FAST THEN BEFORE, THANKS

I found Comodo very “comodo” (italian) because I was just looking for an Antivirus & Firewall of good quality for free and i did’n believe it when PC Magazine offered it on a disk!
At the beginning I thought that was the usually offer that would be paid after 1 month but after I had a look at your site I realize that was really for free!
Now, after using it for a while, I feel that it would be nice if there was a version in another language. In fact, in Italy, from where I write (but even everywhere I suppose), people is a little bit suspectuos about something for free. If they could really read in their language what you offer I think would increase the usage of Comodo products. I can understand english but how many people (in Italy) can do that!
That’s is my suggestion, even because installing the product is not so easy (for non confidence people with software). (B) (V)

check this https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,3239.0.html
we have 24 languages coming soon.

cheers
Melih

• What I’m missing, is a “configure” button in the pop-up message, when it’s giving a warning that a program’s accessing the internet.
  • Textarea’s in general should be resizable. I hate scrolling especially when there’s unused space on my monitor.
  • double-clicking a log-entry should bring me to the specific rule that applies to that entry

My 2 cents

After trying a previous version of the FW I uninstalled it and looked elsewhere due to configuration difficulties. However, I was recently in the “market” for new FW and decided to try COMODO again and I am glad. This FW seems to work great! After the firewall I installed the Anti-virus and was pleased again. Since COMODO can clearly build highly effective home-user security products for free, I think COMODO should build an anti-spyware product (either stand-alone or integrated into the launchpad). If the antivirus has anti-spyware definitions already then they don’t work. All of the tests on www.Spycar.org were able to complete successfully which is not good. If COMODO can make an anti-spyware product as effective as their FW, they could be a serious threat to big names like Norton or Zonelabs. Thanks Melih! (R)

Indeed, I currently use Spybot, Ad-Aware, CPF and the latest CAVS beta. I realize that the HIPS features being developed in both CPF and CAVS will be a great extra protection layer (once perfected) but once this has been perfected it would be great if extra spyware detection and removal features were developed. If the excellent and dedicated staff at Comodo put the same effort into such features, or even a stand alone application, I believe I would then be able to safely drop Ad-aware and Spybot. I think a stand alone antispyware app would be a great addition to the Comodo ‘family’.
The availability of Firewall, Antivirus and Antispyware developed by Comodo would give many people the option of superb security software to match anything available and costing nowt. Having seen the great advances made for both Firewall and Antivirus I intend to stick with Comodo for good.

:■■■■

Hi Anderow

CAVS (Comodo Anti Virus/Spyware) product does catch both viruses and spyware. We found that it would be more efficient to put both functionality into one application. The other vendors seperate and cause inefficiency because they want to be able to sell two products not one. However, what would be interesting for us to develop (and of course we are half way thru our development :)) is a behaviour blocker. This will analyse the behaviour and if found suspicious it will stop it. This would be a great addition to CAVS. However, with the HIPS in CAVS, you already have a very powerful “prevention” ability.

Melih