Please tell us if V3 didn't work for you. Here you can get a test version! (look at the poll)

Alright !! COMODO Team, send it this way !! I loved 2.4, but realize that there are many “bugs” and vunerabilities in it. 2.4 was familiar and 3.0 was daunting for me.

Defense+ is powerful but new, and thank god that it learned most of the information by the 3rd day, or else I might have actually uninstalled 3.0 … I’ll keep 3.0, but if problems continue (if I read more about it on the fourms), I might consider 2.4 again or even Online Armor … Hope it doesn’t come to that…

My main concern right now for V3 is the GUI familiarity and compatibility. Also, strength of the Firewall right out the box WITHOUT the use of Defense+ (I want to be able to pass leaktests without the help of HIPS, just the Firewall by itself). Resource usage is already low, but it won’t hurt to be lower. And, prevention of firewall termination …

Now, problems I found with COMODO V3 Final for me:

• GUI delays in click and graphics (like in installation mode, by the time the display fully loaded, about 3 seconds had already gone by)

• Also GUI problem: don’t have Defense+ learning behaviors OVER or UNDER Firewall alerts !! They currently overlap and I couldn’t set rules for the programs (as far as I know, the pop-up’s under a timer)

• Can’t find smart update button where it used to be (why hide it under miscellaneous? I do manual checks to make sure that COMODO Firewall is updated !!)

• Cannot edit rules for programs in a familiar way (like in CFW 2.4, ZoneAlarm, or even Online Armor, the rules are listed on an easy access page with a tab click, and can be easily edited. In 3.0, the rules are buried deep within the program and I don’t even see some programs listed that I gave the “remember” option to). Also, try to include the trusted software vendors somewhere around the program rules. Makes more sense to do that.

• COMODO FW 3.0 can still be easily killed without Defense+ HIPS on.

• Some important options/buttons should be on a separate column (such as in 2.4): update, settings, about (version number is always imporant)

• Have COMODO FW be able to pass all of Matousec’s leaktests without the help of Defense+ (since some people don’t want it), like how Online Armor is able to do it (as least, I don’t believe online armor has HIPS)

• VERY IMPORTANT (to me, at least): have COMODO remember your safe lists and RECOGNIZE AVAST! ANTIVIRUS !! In addition, maybe ask the safelist to delete anything with temp in it, since temp is usually for install files… Then again, I see why that might be a security hazard (such as self-installing malware), but have the log remember and recognize it so we don’t have to deal with it in the Defense+ lists.

• Finally, fine tune and polish the program, as 2.4 was. Have COMODO FW load fast, have the GUI fixed and familiarized, and have COMODO self-protected and compatible with many programs. Compatibility is a must.

Alright guys !! Thanks and good luck !!

I’ll take it…

My issues seemed to be trying to use the Clean PC mode… it was like Ask was broken while in that mode. Changed back to Train with Safe mode, and it seemed happier.

I must admit… the pending files and safe lists are still a work in progress in my mind too :stuck_out_tongue:

Also if you could include in the note how we should be installing it… is it like an update (install over top) or a new install (uninstall current version first)?

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere.
Firefox and Thunderbird is “network” locked after resuming from sleep most of the time.
Once killed with task manager and restarted they work normally.

I removed Comodo and tried to recreate the issue and haven’t been able to.
OS is Vista.

Please send to me as well! Problems I’ve encountered are mostly crashes of cfp upon: right clicking tray icon, checking active connections, clicking my pending files, clicking define new blocked programs. I don’t mind, cause I know these issues will be fixed, and this product is definitely worth it!

version 3 did not work for me at all, after I let 2.4 upgrade to 3.0 MatchCad keep trying to reinstall itself, the only solution was to use system restore to go back to version 2.4

I would very much like to try the latest version.
There one or two minor problems i had with the last version.
Notably with AVG.
Thankyou

Please add me too.

I’d like to give it a try.

Harry

Sendi it to me as well please.

Hello Melih
I want to test the new version of CFP 3 because, few days after install CFP 3 “forgot” his rules and allways asks me to answer him about applications that have the permission to act (Defense + rules and Firewall rules). More about this annoying bug you can see in this topic: https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/wont_remember_rules-t16435.0.html
So PLEASE send me the URL
Thanks, Liron Jan

Hi

I am not sure if I would benefit from having it.

On my XP Home SP2 I have had a few times where, on start up, the desktop fails to open properly. It starts up most of my services but then says “explorer.exe has encountered an error and needs to close”. Explorer then keeps restarting.

I had thought this was an issue with Acronis and uninstalled that. But after the issue was resolved I noticed yesterday in the Defense+ logs that CFP update was registered as a problem - even though I have disabled automatic update checking.

If you think the new version would help with this problem, please PM it to me or whatever.

Regards

Dilip

i’m having some small issues… i can live with them. today i’ve found an issue installing visual studio 2008 express… the install file wouldn’t install .net framework 3.5 anyway. and in some cases the OS become unresponsive, taking a little too long for the defense+ to react… i’ve also had the “forgeting” problem… if any-one else has tried the vs2008 express install with comodo PM me… thanks.

edit: if the new version is for any other kind of issues, i don’t mind waiting for the auto-update :wink:

And me, my problem has been that cmdagent will randomly take up all the CPU even with everything disabled as posted elsewhere. In the end to get around this I’ve Defense+ disabled and all but startup and logging disabled under misc settings - as I’ve only installed so far on my wife’s laptop and my mother-in-law’s PC, you can imagine the ear bashing I’ve been getting. Both use AVG Free as their anti-virus and run Windows Defender and SB S&D Teatimer.

I’ve had many of the problems reported here so far. The most perplexing of which is being unable to run anything from explorer. exe or other programs like file browsers - several times have got the error message that it is not a recognised win32 application or somesuch.
Also, I would like to use Defence+ but it is a nightmare, and using that pending list is an even worse nightmare, especially as I repeatedly get ‘no network connection’ messages when submitting files. Furthermore, many of the files are so obscure and temporary one wouldn’t know what they were or how safe.
Would love a link to any improvements, as I think it’s basically a great firewall; just not quite ready perhaps.

I’d like to try out the new version you have (hopefully to solve the ‘not remembering answers’ problem).

Not remembering answers… that’s what I seem to have, too.
Want to try also.

Mostly worked well but had a few issues, endless popups for applications I had already given access to, icon dissappearing from notification area and logs empty on first logging page but showing alerts on second page (more). Main problems seemed to be related to AVG Antivirus - didn’t seem to remember permissions for that prog, had to learn it every time I opened the app or restarted my PC.
Would love to try out new version - have been checking for updates every day since installation.
Must stress that overall I’m really impressed! Bugs have mostly been just a small annoyance - thanks for a great, free prog…I will definitely be sticking with Commodo, I’ve tried just about every security app out there and this is the best I’ve seen by far! (:CLP)

Yes, I would like to try a new(er) version.

I have tried CFP3 (CFP_Setup_3.0.13.268_XP_Vista_x32.exe) on two systems:

• desktop with Vista Home Premium 32bits, AMD5200+, 2GB RAM

• laptop with Vista Home Premium 32bits, Turion TL52, 1GB RAM

On the desktop CFP works without problems.

On the laptop the sytems repeatedly freezes for periods of up to 10 minutes.

Thanks in advance :BNC

Please add me to the list too.
I experienced system slowdowns (not with the temporary workaround thogh) and multiple entries. Using Vista Ultimate 32bit.

I happily installed it last week around 2am after a few beers thinking that all would go well. After I rebooted, it just ate up all the cpu and I had to wrestle with the PC to get it to shutdown. I could not even get to the system restore to get rid of it as it was taking up everything. Eventually I had to Acronis Trueimage it back to an earlier time when all was well.

Please send it to me also.

Ps. I have the Vista Inspirat Bricopack and the modified uxtheme.dll which I hope this new version gets along with. :BNC

Hello

I would like to try new version. 3.0.13.268 caused in IBM Lenovo notebook:

• logging on to windows - 20 minutes (instead of 1 minute)
  • worked only with Defender turned off completely
  • disabled ThinkVantageAccessConnection
  • disabled WiFi - cannot turn it on
  • I was able to uninstall only after disabling it in Safe mode.
    tech specs: IBM Lenovo R51e, 1.5GB RAM, WinXPPro (installed every update from Microsoft Update), McAfee VirusScan, a lot of IBM/Lenovo software, Google Desktop, MS-SQL-2005, CiscoVPN

Greatings from Poland