Number Of Sandboxed Apps Should Be Refreshed Automatically [V7B][M695]

Product version: COMODO Internet Security 7.0.308911.4080 BETA
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 32-bit running on VMware Player 6.0.1 virtual machine
Configuration: Default IS configuration with raised level for unknown apps to “Fully Virtualized”
Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file? No
Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed: MBAM Free, CCleaner
Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Open GUI. Run some unknown applications. The number of sandboxed apps is not refreshed in real-time. It shows “0” although there are sandboxed apps in the sandbox. It refreshes only when you click on the number to view those apps and close the window. This also happens when you empty the sandbox.
What actually happened when you carried out these steps: The number of sandboxed apps was not refreshed
What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious): The number of sandboxed apps should be refreshed in real-time to show the real state of the sandbox, without clicking on the number and closing the window.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I can confirm this behavior on my Windows 8.1 machine, clean re-install of CIS with a brand new start on the configuration file.

main GUI is refreshed every 2 minutes. QA said this behavior wont change

I cannot confirm in my Win7 HomeBasic SP1 x64 system.
Clean install… and MBAM Free+CCleaner… Same Config with Siketa but Tile Theme I am usin’
I run a unknown app and the indicator shows it instantly…

Is it so hard to make?

make what?

Probably he means to refresh it in real time.

As it appears that this is more of a wish, and not a bug, I will move this topic to the main section of the Beta board. That said, I really do think that this should be refreshed automatically. Anything else is confusing.

i dont think its necessary to refresh it in real time. it might take to much resources.

I don’t think that’s it, seeing as the Status Pane in the widget updates in real time, doubt it would take too much resources to repeat that or just copy that value to the one in the main GUI each time it’s updated.

What? Counting the number of processes in a sandbox would slow down something?
Come on, guys…

i reported this before and QA told me the behavior wont change

yes if you are doing this every second

Not every second…only when its state changes.
:wink:

trust me i agree with you im just reporting what comodo told us

I realize that it won’t change but I still find it weird, why would they make the widget do that then if it takes too much resources?

One way it could be done is to only check with the widget which checks in real time and when it changes the count it will copy the data from that variable to the variable in the main GUI… or just use the same variable for both counters, that way you wouldn’t have two realtime but rather one realtime that updates the counter when needed.

It just doesn’t make any sense to me. ???

they didnt say it would take to much resources i was just guessing maybe thats why they did it.

Oh, sorry. :embarassed:

But even then it doesn’t make sense to me why it’s not updated in real time but the widget is…

Edit: I just realized that it is true for all of the numbers on there, like Network Intrusions etc, I’m guessing it’s an aesthetic choice not to have numbers updating all the time on the main GUI.

Tell them to come here and explain us what is the problem.

Just file a bug report if in doubt. Then the developers can determine if there is an issue.

I have examined the tracker entry, and asked them to reconsider.

For the time being I will move this post to the wish section, as this is technically an enhancement request and not a wish. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.