New Forum my opinion

Yes it is exactly that.

Didn’t work for me and I sing a new account. :frowning:
It seems that my old nickname had some characters not supported by the new forum, and I had to create a new one…
Also, I liked the old forum much better. The new one is difficult and not intuitive to navigate and use.
Anyway, I am exited for the new CIS version. Can’t wait to give it a try when ready.

sorry… i was looking at some other places that uses this same platform and maybe all depends on the defaults aplied here. maybe you could get it more useful changing some defaults for the way this platform shows topics, answers, etc. or, if difficult, back to the previous that just works better anyway…

The more I read and write in this forum, the more familiar I feel with it.

1 Like

Hi FFreestyleRR,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please send us your old forum account detail with the registered Email ID via pm ? so that we will check with the related team and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Can someone help me with this ??

Thanks for the reply .

Select this

then select this

Sorry sir,but that is my problem.
I can not click “dismiss” for other (older) notifications.
See 2 other images.
First image: “dismiss” not available.
Second image: “dismiss all” is not highlighted :-1:

Is your Windows set to scale at 125%, 150% or 175%? We may be looking at a scaling issue?

Hi lckecomodo,

Let me check with the related team and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I have the same as you. Same problem.

My windows is set to scale at 130 % .

I played with Windows scaling but could not reproduce your problem. I also looked for forum settings that could interfere but could not find one. Try logging off and back in to the forum.

I am at a loss and thinking out loud. Can you think of an extension you have installed in your browser or screen reader program that you might be using that could interfere here? Does the problem also arise when using a different browser?

As I said elsewhere this isn’t good, old was much better. Now needs to click many times until finds what is looking for even after getting used to.

I’m wondering if this could be an ad-blocker issue. The element doesn’t have a particularly “ad-like” name to it, but you never know. I found that if I block the Dismiss All with an ad-blocker, or use CSS styling to remove it, it looks exactly the same as yours.

I personally like it. The old forum using a old version of SMF was dated. I was confused at first but half an hour in reading and finding the categories tab I feel comfortable with Discourse. This platform has a lot of awesome features so far I’ve learned. Only scratched the surface much more to investigate.

I don’t know if this is connected to the earlier discussion, but how do you clear ALL unread posts / topics without going in to each one as if to view them example above. I cannot speak french so why do I even get a notification in the ‘feed’ where as before it was in a section I would just skip as am not multi-lingual ?

The Dismiss All is greyed out on the notification section as per Ickecomodo.

This is a bit like the ’ Focused Inbox ’ in Outlook that most people turn off straight away, but don’t seem to be able to do that on here :man_shrugging:

Hi lckecomodo & megaherz33 ,

The dismiss button will not remove the notification messages.
For better understanding when you received a notification, the notification will be in unread status(i.e.notification will be in highlighted) you can either open the notification or dismiss it. so when you open the unread notification, the notification will become read status(i.e. notification highlights removed) so that the dismiss option won’t be available. And when you click dismiss without opening the notification, the noification message will become read status thats it,
Kindly report back if you have further doubts on this.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Please make all links open in a separate tab per the old forum. I click an external link and leave the forum.

How to delete all the received notifications ?