New CIS 2024 is coming!

Are you an employee or developer Comodo to claim this?

i am testing Xcitium/Comodo so i say what bugs are fixed and what are not fixed

I didnā€™t ask about that. Then another question. Are you an official alpha/beta tester of the new CIS 2024? If not an official tester, where did you get the alpha/beta version of CIS 2024 from? No need to talk about testing Xsitium products, these are corporate solutions to this topic that have nothing to do with fixes in Xsitium Client Security.

i am not but i know it will come soon as Melih said

Everything that Melih said so far is an empty phrase, but what you repeat after him does not make it true. What are you testing then and how can you know what bugs are fixed?

because i test it in my vm

What are you testing in your virtual machine? What version of the program? You say youā€™re not an official Comodo tester. Or do you unofficially have an alpha/beta version of Š”IS 2024 to confirm which bugs are fixed.

i tested XIS 12.2.4.8032

All we hear are Fairy Talesā€¦ Since almost 3 years nowā€¦ wake up guysā€¦

There is no such version. There is CIS 12.2.4.8032 Pro and which has not been updated for more than a year and in which all the bugs of 3 years ago remain.

@1807 As DeathCat states, there is no such version as " XIS 12.2.4.8032 " as even on the Xcitium business side that is XCS ( Xcitium Client Security ) and the latest release is 12.15 as per below.

We all sit and wait for a new version of CIS and not the small number change you state that came out over a year ago with three very minor bug fixes as per the bottom screenshot ā€¦

Xcitium Client Security ā€“ Windows

v12.15

IMPROVEMENTS

• Implemented the ability to decline Xcitium Client Security Updates if there is a pending OS update reboot on the endpoint.
  • Added HIPS protection for LSASS processes.
  • Enhanced enumeration detection and response by implementing the ability to block applications and running processes in response to potentially dangerous or anomalous command-line operations.

Version 12.2.4.8032
10 May 2022

Comparing to previous release CIS 12.2.2.8026

Fixed
the welcome page should close after clicking the activate button
when cis is activated we should not show welcome dialog
cis will not display register user account when activation

As I said, Comodo isnā€™t fixing any old bugs in CIS.

dude VirusScope is working perfectly

Thatā€™s only one bug fix out of the remaining 44 public bugs and out of Comodoā€™s numerous internal bugs on a hidden listā€¦

Why donā€™t they respond on the ā€œList of current bugsā€ questions?
Why donā€™t they provide an ETA for new CIS release?
Why donā€™t they even release a early Beta version?
And why donā€™t they come with a roadmap on Xcitium forum?
Answer, simply because nothing is happening in Comodoā€™s kitchen as it seems.

1 Like

they are keep fixing bugs

1 Like

The news that the new CIS 2024 is approaching excites me! Letā€™s take a moment to talk about what we can anticipate from this update and how it can affect our lives and industries as we excitedly await its arrival.

The development of standards, benchmarks, and best practices for strengthening the security and resilience of information systems has been spearheaded by the CIS (Center for Internet Security). They work to address new technology developments and cyber dangers with each new edition.

As my knowledge only goes through September 2021, I donā€™t have access to precise information regarding the CIS 2024 update, but I can make some educated guesses about some likely areas that might see changes or improvements:
New Threat Landscape: Due to the ongoing evolution of the cyber threat landscape, CIS 2024 is likely to include measures to address new and complex threats like AI-driven attacks, vulnerabilities connected to quantum computing, and newly discovered malware strains.

Cloud Security: As more businesses move to cloud environments, CIS may concentrate on offering thorough cloud security recommendations to meet the particular problems presented by the cloud computing paradigm.

Security for the Internet of Things (IoT): As IoT devices continue to expand in our homes and workplaces, the CIS might place an emphasis on IoT security standards and best practices to prevent future intrusions.
Privacy and data protection: Due to the rising concerns around data privacy, CIS 2024 may include revised recommendations for protecting the security of confidential data and observance of data protection laws.

Collaboration and Integration: To improve threat detection, incident response, and overall cybersecurity posture, recommendations for improved integration between security tools and platforms may be made.

User Education and Awareness: Due to the relevance of human aspects in cybersecurity, the CIS may emphasize the significance of ongoing user education and awareness programs in order to thwart social engineering assaults.

Security of the Supply Chain: As the supply chain grows increasingly linked and complicated, CIS 2024 may offer suggestions for reducing risks and securing vital components.

Keep in mind that the implementation of CIS 2024 will be successful if we are willing to adopt and modify these new rules. Itā€™s critical for both businesses and people to stay up to date on the developments and to take the suggested security precautions seriously.

2 Likes

@CISfan you are rude to Xcitium/Comodo just wait for CIS 2024

@Melih CISfan is being rude to Xcitium he wants CIS 2024 right now

At this point, these forums and its moderators have no official release date for CIS 2024, nor do we have a beta release.

The latest information we have is two posts by Melih:

On June 11th, 2023:

On July 10th, 2023:

I have no special information because I do not work for Comodo or Xcitium.
Us moderators tend to have similar concerns and frustrations with Comodo as most other users.
We wish that CIS 2024 would be released already.

So, to everyone posting in this threadā€¦
It does no good to incessantly complain.
It also does not help to bicker with another forum member.
It is certainly okay to voice your concerns and frustrations, but please be civil, avoid personal attacks, and avoid posting the same issues over and over.

The bottom line isā€¦Comodo will release CIS 2024 when it is ready to be released.
I continue to hope it releases (at least in beta form) very soon.

2 Likes

What is incompatible? Iā€™m on W10.