New CIS 2024 is coming!

It’s mine too
I love advanced mode
Maintain Killswicht S.V.P
Thanks

@ozer.metin Can you give some more detail about the NEW CIS…

would be great as here in brazil its already summer and its carnaval so, if not cis 2024, atleast more infos and prints… :slight_smile: hope its not a mockup but final layout on a working cis.

i like test softwares, 16 years test bugs in softwares of security…

That build of CIS would allow anything with “system” integrity to run regardless of rating.

COMODO has always been rock solid security. It’s amazing how even after almost 2 years since the last update, COMODO can still out preform other security solutions. I had to disable Pseudo File Downloaders in Auto Containment a while ago after a Windows 11 update. This was causing my two of my systems to freeze shortly after boot.

I very much look forward to testing the new beta (if there is one) as soon as it’s released.

Thank you COMODO development team for creating such an amazing product!

1 Like

okay, will comodo firewall still be an option?

I’d rather not use comodo’s antivirus.

It will still be there as an option:

1 Like

what AV will you use instead?

today, i guess no av is needed if using cis with proper containment configurations. but that will apply only when cis becomes fully compatible with windows 10 22h2 and windows 11 22h2.

see, thats a funny thing: with comodo containment / sandbox with all modules on cis except av and the paranoic module that many disable, doesnt matter what av you have.

in my case i tend to install cis with av + fw + sandbox as i dont like the windows defender getting updates every day so i configure cis to search for updates from 20 days to 20 days, as far as i can set it…

Mellih, with new cis will be an option to make the cis search for updates for its av database with any time we desire? like, if i want to make cis search for av updates i would like it to search for it only one time in a month or in two months as i dont need it that much…

Hi @ozer.metin and @Melih

I have some Questions for you

1. Will you add some Features, Options and Functions from Xcitium to the Comodo Version

2. Will you add the Xcitium Scan Engines to the Comodo Version

3. Will you add the Comodo Xcitium Scan Engines to virustotal

4. Will you release a Beta Multilanguage Beta Version as example german language vVersion

5. Will it be compatible with Wind 7,8,8.1

6. How can we send Comodo and Xcitium samples for check

With best Regards
Mops21

I like ‘Lycia Theme’. But it’s true, more manageable, more structured, the new look seems better to others, more manageable, so it reaches a broader group of users.
But it would be welcome if one or the other layout or maybe two would be installed.

1 Like

MS defender with configure defender MAX or maybe bitdefender free edition.

how will you prevent the damage when MS Defender fails in detecting?

2 Likes

LOL…I Know that…(its kinda my invention according to google patents :wink: )…I was trying to educate the poster by asking questions :slight_smile:

@Melih

For auto-containment, CCAV had the “Ask” option. Comodo failed to keep its promise to implement it in CIS. Will you provide it in the new CIS?

what ‘ask’ option exactly are you referring to?

1 Like

yes we will have those, we wont lose any functionality

3 Likes
  1. Yes since we have started development for CIS too, we have also plans to merge new features and options from Xcitium to the Comodo version too.
  2. Not on initial version but we will continuously update our Scan Engines to the recent ones too. On Xcitium, we have invested significant time to improve CAVSE for performance and also extensive support for different formats/packers/unpackers etc. Those will be merged too.
  3. We are on VT as Xcitium, I think you are asking for Comodo, yes that is also in our plans
  4. Not in the initial scope
  5. Sorry CIS 2024 can not support Win 7, Win 8 due to MS changed its code signing mechanism. 8.1 will be supported after KB5006714.
  6. We will bring Valkyrie Verdict subscription as regular as well as priority options. So you will have Kill-Chain report for uploaded samples also.
4 Likes

I just checked the forum for no reason after a LONG time, and surprised to see this update and forum revamp… with one of THE worse forum UI I’ve seen some other sites use, but whatever, I’ve given up on people understanding what good UI/UX is a long time ago (I’m a game developer, trust me).

I’m just happy that Comodo is finally getting an update. I just hope 2024 release is still compatible with Windows 10 LTSC (21H2) and will be free as well, since I’ve converted quite a few people I know over to Comodo with the free Firewall+Antivirus combo.

PS: Is there a newsletter or something we can sign up for, so we know when new Comodo is released?

1 Like