The moment we have all been waiting for is upon us
We are now ready to get the team of great Comodo users who are willing to help us translate CIS into different languages. Ideally we need 3 people per language please. But more is welcome.
So please help us and come and register here. (We are translating it to Chinese and Russian with our own guys so no need for volunteers for these two languages, but every other language we need your help pls)
1)German - BigMike, evil_religion, sevi95, sbridge - Done!
2)French - symbian, vulcain, souljah, Rapidon - Done!
3)Italian - Romagnolo1973, colmoti, clarensio, sirio, Kronos, yeiazel - Done!
4)Portuguese (Brazilian) - xxdarkstalkerxx, cristiano_lombardi, cassianoqs, neocoder, riagorodski
fatalmx - Done!
Portuguese (European) - thejoedoe, mokito,
5)Spanish - rafel, Narud, Thynaks, rolo, darcjrt - Done !
6)Japanese aroedrink, Nipsu, pul - Done!
7)Arabic - saad alfraanah,
8 )Hungarian - blattida, blackbox, arkangyal - Done!
9)Romanian - virtu, cosma_sebastian, Mihai Done!
10)Croatian - gakungak,
11)Dutch - Ronny, Rednose, SecurityManiac, Mack, eXPerience - Done!
12)Swedish - Monkey_Boy=), ragwing, JoWa, (LeoniAquila if needed) - Done!
13)Norwegian (Bokmal) - triplejolt, Slemmen, Charlie42 - Done!
Norwegian (Nynorsk) - Charlie42
15)Turkish - runoades, tyler78, cih - Done!
17)Traditional and Simplified Chinese - danfong, speter, Will_Will - Done!
18)Czech - khagaroth, jiri, vnc - Done!
19)Polish - Breen, Sergeant Sykes, Komodo-Dragon, google_crawler, Janusz Grzybek - Done!
20)Indonesion - Lt. Ganda,
22)Finnish - niksru, DeFe, dee_ - Done!
25)Hebrew - lironjan,
26)Persian - Mooshy,
27)Korean - creasy,
30)Catalan - rafel,
31)Slovak - Mr.Henky, b.lauko, Anathaen - Done!
32)Serbian - MJ.nfl, gakungak,
33)Ukrainian - TheSAS, yup,
34)Danish - MadsDingle, fuzz, Henrikl - Done!
(if i missed a language that you want to help translate pls let me know)
So now the registration is open for the volunteers to help Comodo translate into the above languages!
Your Country Needs You
Please Help us translate to keep your Country’s computers safe and secure.
Please respond to this post and tell us which language you would like to translate to so that we can start providing you with translation tools to help with the translation.
thank you for your efforts guys!
- COMODO_MultiLanguagePack_1.1.zip has a document ML_User_Guide_v.1.1.doc explaining how to use translation tool.
- Setup provided inside zip file is solely for seeing translation work in action and therefore marked as BETA. Should not be used in production environment.
- Please disable updates in CIS else it will get updated to latest release version.
- Please do not update AV definitions as well.
- CIS_Help_20090330.zip is help file package, which has html and image files. Following points should be noted while translating help:
a) Use editor of your choice to edit .html files
b) Do not change name of any image or html file
c) Do not change any link inside .html files
d) After translation is done, please let us know, we can create .chm file and you can review it unless you can have Pocket CHM software to create .chm file.
Note for Installer Translation:
- Download http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/TranslationTool/installer_lang.template
- Change extension to .lang
- Modify it for language name and language id.
- Translate all strings mentioned in file
- Place .lang file in same folder where you have setup placed, it will automatically recognize .lang file and show language name in combo box.
- Pick languge and installer will show your translation
This way you can see your translation work for installer. After you have sent us translation for installer, we will add it as part of installer.
Steps for Translating Comodo Internet Security Related Web Pages:
- Download http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/TranslationTool/CIS_Website_HTML.zip
- Translate all HTML files present within it. Just change the display text please. Use tool of your choice.
- Please make sure, we do not change any:
b) Name of any image
c) Any style-sheet
- Please upload translation back and we will incorporate into site.
Deadline for Translation:
Translations which have been reviewed and confirmed good by 14th April, 2009 will be made part of CIS 3.9 installer. This deadline does not include help file translation. Considering it can take some time to translate, please make it available as and when it is done and we will make sure it goes with next due release. Although will be nice to see it goes together.