Matousec Firewall Test Results - 2008

comodo is back to the top

http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php

Thanks for the link.

Looks v. good, apart from the 1 incident that caused damage.

Aha, now I know why is “\Device\NamedPipe\atsvc” here…

Yappy !!! Comodo won ! (B) (V)

(L)

(:CLP)

Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.19.318FREE 98%
Online Armor Personal Firewall 2.1.0.112 FreeFREE 94%
ProSecurity 1.43 93%
Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 6.0.2302.264.0490 91%
ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.462.000 74%
Privatefirewall 6.0.11.30 65%
Sunbelt Personal Firewall 4.5.916 18%
ESET Smart Security 3.0.621.0 5%

errr, not to spoil the happiness here, does anyone know about the “2%” ??? why not 100% ?

Read the full report (click on the adobe-icon on the right side of the % results)^^

thx Timo Schmidt (:WAV)
it failed BSODhook SSDT & Kill5 . should i be worry about this 2% ???

It can be “killed” and can be unstable, “Killing” doesn’t worry me to much but “instability” can be problem for “production” machine.

Well it did only fail on one of the hooks and it scored best in that test. (:KWL)

Of course 100% would be better however it is really a huge accomplishment by the devs, so congrats to them! (:CLP)

“NtCreatePort vulnerability” has been fixed in 2.xx series but reintroduced again in v.3, it is clearly step backward…
But of course Comodo is no1 and best solution of that type for use, CONGRATULATION

Well, I got to say that I’m not surprised that version 3 has reclaimed the top of the mountain!
Good job Comodo! Remember that it isn’t just the developers that help making CFP a good software, it’s also the users that help Comodo by finding bugs and suggesting new features!

Cheers,
Ragwing

Remember that it isn’t just the developers that help making CFP a good software, it’s also the users that help Comodo by finding bugs and suggesting new features!

I like this part very much. It’s great to be a small part of Comodo team. Help them to help us ;D

Great job. Congratulations (L)

This is very true indeed!

Credit goes to Everyone from Developers to our Users! This is the first Collabrative Security Effort for Desktops ever seen and it works!!!
(:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)
Melih

Comodo V3 the best firewall i ever seen… :BNC :BNC :BNC

a security app should unable to be killed.
the last version of kaspersky (3.0.1.325) has a great protection on this point.
i tried to kill it with all parameters but it didnt work.
the other prob is if the app is killable it should restart immediatly and some apps just dont restart.

that’s curious the result with bsodhook and comodo cause it didnt work on my system.
comodo protected me with this exploit. maybe it’s a new version of bsodhook but if it’s the same, there’s a problem cause i’m not agree with this result. i think i’ll test again this point.
comodo protected me for sure.

Its an outbound test. Inbound protection is MUCH more important. Inbound protection at 98% is worrisome, outbound with 98% is superb.

Congrats on the latest results! (:CLP)

The 2% just serves as a reminder (and incentive) that you can be proud of your accomplishment, but there is always some way to make a good thing even better.

So cheers :■■■■ and celebrate a bit before Melih starts cracking the whip again! (R)

Haha… Im sure he isnt that tough with that whip…or is he?

Excellent!!!

This is OUTSTANDING!!! :BNC Yes, CFP 2.4 Reaches #1, and as others developed there new versions, to beat Comodo (and some did), WE were here working on CFP 3!! And #1 Again.

This means: Comodo will always raise the bar HIGHER, with each release, and continue to lead Firewall Security, and Development!!! (:CLP) (:CLP)

and yeah, Comodo should work on for the next version, or version after that, on the BSODhook SSDT & Kill5 that Comodo failed in that test.

But stilll… MUCH CANGRATS!!! :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC (VERY VERY HAPPY USER!) :BNC ;D :slight_smile:

Josh. (V)