Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x

If you have problems uninstalling or reinstalling CFP, download “comodo Uninstall.zip” and extract both “clicapi.dll” and “fwconfig.exe” in the C: directory.
Then at the command line of windows use the following command:
c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln

After finished reboot your pc and eliminate
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall

ps. it’s the standalone uninstaller of CFP :wink:

[attachment deleted by admin]

download “comodo Uninstall.zip”

From where???

Also, fwconfig doesn’'t live in c:, I believe it lives in "c:\program files\comodo\firewall" ('least that’s where it is on one of my other PCs, where we didn’t have any update problem). If the latter directory were on my path, saying

fwconfig -uninstalln
would work. But I don’t think it is on the path, and in any case telling it the "c:" part (i.e. “c:\fwconfig.exe”) prevents it from looking at the path anyway.

So I think the correct command line is
“c:\program files\comodo\firewall\fwconfig.exe” -uninstalln
(quote marks important).

But I still need to know where "“comodo Uninstall.zip” can be downloaded from…

I have the same problem. I’m looking forward to an answer as well.

Check Pandlouk’s original post. The zip file is an attachment right above the bunny in his post. See the paperclip. :wink:

p.s. It looks as if you have to be logged in to see the attachment.

1. The zip it is attached at my first post.

You are right but some users had deleted the folder of CFP and they will not be able to point in that folder.
The command I wrote works fine if you unzip those file at the C:\ directory :wink:

How about releasing an update to fix the uninstall wizard so that it removes
everything without having to manually uninstall it. I tried to do that and found
the instructions confusing.

I extracted the files,but where do i find the command line of windows?

Select “Start”->“run” at the taskbar of the windows.

ps. welcome at the forums (:HUG)

When i type in that command and hit ok it says windows can’t find it

Do you have extracted the 2 files in the C:\ directory? Just put “clicapi.dll” and “fwconfig.exe” in the C:\ directory, not in another folder.

I noticed you need to put a space before the -uninstalln part of that command.
I restarted and deleted comodo from the c:program files.Windows security center says one of two firewalls is on.If I turn off windows firewall it says comodo firewall is on.

I have the same problem also, after deleting reg keys and anything comodo related i could find. Windows security center still detects it as being a installed firewall. This is the worse uninstalling experience i have ever had. Its almost trojan like lol geez. I actually liked this firewall but after this i am never going to install it again, I may even reformat just to get rid of it

Edit: i already tried this manual method and i also tried reinstalling it, updating it, then uninstalling it again same effect

This is a problem of Xp and not of the Comodo Firewall.

For resolving it:

1. At the command line of windows XP “Start” ->“Run” enter the command “CMD.EXE” and press Enter.
  2. At the new window (Command Prompt window), type “NET STOP WINMGMT /Y” and press Enter. Then type “exit” end press Enter again.
  3. Then go at the folder C:\windows\system32\wbem and delete the folder “Repository”.
  4. Reboot windows. The folder will be recreated by the Security Center and will display the correct information. :wink: ;D

Awesome worked like a charm. I take back some of my earlier comments, this really is a good firewall; I hope you fix the uninstall issues in the future though.

:■■■■

I have uninstalled Comodo from my Windows XP, following the steps in this post, but now i can´t open a lot of pages, like www.microsoft.com or www.uol.com.br, as example.

Can you help me?

Do you have installed an IP blocker like peerguardian?
Have you checked your hosts file?

Hi, Pandlouk… after a lot of registry scans and restoring the system to the default settings, the problem is solved.

Thanks for the attention… Comodo is a great firewall, the best i have tried.

[]´s

Is it necessary to restart winmgmt services or does this start automatically after reboot ?