Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x

It starts automatically after reboot

This is a problem of Xp and not of the Comodo Firewall.

For resolving it:

1. At the command line of windows XP “Start” ->“Run” enter the command “CMD.EXE” and press Enter.
  2. At the new window (Command Prompt window), type “NET STOP WINMGMT /Y” and press Enter. Then type “exit” end press Enter again.
  3. Then go at the folder C:\windows\system32\wbem and delete the folder “Repository”.
  4. Reboot windows. The folder will be recreated by the Security Center and will display the correct information.

I did as adviced here, but it didn’t work.
I still can’t reinstall Comodo. I still get this message:

“you seem to be having Comodo firewall installed using older version of installer. Please go to 'start…'and un-install Comodo firewall.”

Maybe i can tell you a little bit first why i want to reinstall?
Actually it was not my intention to uninstall Comodo. I had it on my laptop for a while (and still), and as i am quite satisfied by this firewall, i wanted to install it on my PC as well.
However, i guess i made a mistake by not installing it on the same partition as where my operating system is situated. The firewall didn’t want to start up.

So, i decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it on the proper partition. Well, that didn’t work, i got that message of ‘older versin…and so on’.
Then i decided to remove any file that was still on my system, and to remove any registry key still present. So i did, however there is one reg key i can’t seem to remove (why?):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT\0000
(deviceDesc REG_SZ Comodo application Agent)

Maybe this is causing the trouble of reinstall?

I also tried as suggested above, but that din’t work as well.

I don’t know what i could do next. Could you help me out? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, Dr.SideLove. I don’t know if the legacy registry is the problem, but to delete it just right-click on the key (not the value) and set the Permissions to Allow on Full Control.

Thanks, soyabeaner!

I was able to remove the regkey.
Though that didn’t seem to be the solution, still can’t reinstall.

Dr.SideLove, I just read through your first post to its entirety (sorry I didn’t do that at first) and noticed that you quoted some steps that involved rebuilding Windows’ repository directory. That shouldn’t be relevant to uninstalling CFP because it’s more for refreshing the Windows Security Center’s recognition of CFP’s installed status.

Have you tried pandlouk’s method on this first post by running the uninstaller?

Yes, i’ve tried it a second time. It worked, as easy as it is. Don’t know what i did wrong the first time?
Anyhow, thanks! Comodo firewall is installed again!

When i type “NET STOP WINMGMT/Y” it says the system cannot find the path specified.

I also received an error in the command prompt, “The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.”

You can run Ewen’s script that’s free of charge :smiley:

When i run his script a window pops up asking if i want to shut down wmi.Should i type yes,and does his script do the rest of the work or will i have to do anything further? Thanks for the link and your help in this matter!

WMI = Windows Management Instrumentation = Basically the service that controls the Repository directory. So yes to it. You’ll need to reboot after that to let the directory refresh. Now the stubborn Security Center will report accurately.

Thanks soyabeaner,my security center is accurate again! (:CLP)

It gives an error because you didn’t leave a space between NET STOP WINMGMT and /Y

NET STOP WINMGMT/Y =wrong
NET STOP WINMGMT /Y =correct

:■■■■

I forgot that all command switches require a space in front of it. Was in a rush that day (:SHY).

When I logged in and downloaded comodo_uninstall.zip (several times), my unzipper always gives an error message that the “Folder is invalid or corrupted” or “does not appear to be a valid archive”. Will someone at Comodo please check that this file is still good. I need it! I have the same problem with being unable to re-install Comodo after taking it out.

hi i have the same problem as dr.side love. i like this firewall, but somehow i did’nt download it correctly because when i got to start and go to comodo the file is empty. I tried reinstalling it, but it would’nt let me it says i have to remove the older version. I did the uninstaller and zipped the folder then the command “c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln” would’nt work. can any1 help me please?

I was reading “can’t install comodo firewall” and i was redirected here.

I cant install comodo firewall. Everytime I install comodo firewall, a message keeps on poping up. It says, “COMODO Firewall Pro isa already installed, do you want to un-install it now?”. Whether if i checked the “yes” or “no” button, nothing happens. Please help. T_T

I can’t find any better firewall than this, but it’s not as good as comodo’s.
Filseclab personal frewall <<outdated. Need comodo… T_T (:SAD)

Cerberus105, if you have tried everything in this thread and that has not resolved it, there is one registry key to look for (and remove, if found) that may help.

Go to Start/Run and type “regedit” (no quotes). Navigate to:
HKey_Local_Machine/System/Software/Comodo/Firewall/… if it is there, remove it. Then reboot, and try your reinstall.

LM

Ok, :slight_smile: Thank you, i’ll try it now.

My vaio crashed yesterday, and I used vaio system recovery on drive C. I didn’t include drive D 'cause it contained most of my files. 4 out of 10 programs I installed in my drive D worked. I clicked comodos .exe and pop ups came out asking me to reinstall it. When I reinstalled it that’s when my problem started.

Thanx Lil Mac :slight_smile: More power. :BNC

(:AGL) (:CLP)

Tks PANDLOUK, had same problems. Your info and uninstaller worked ! Now I have Comodo
running again smoothly. tks again.

[b]This program sux. Its impossible to uninstall it from Windows. You, from Comodo, have to improve the program before disponibilizate it for download. I’ve crashed my system because of this piece of s**t.

f**k ! (:AGY)[/b]

SORRY. I WAS WRONG. READ THE MESSAGE BELOW.