Latest update ruined functionality of some MMORPG games

Because you enumerated only one MMORPG game: - WOW. This software is used only in MMORPG games. Try 2Moons or Dekarom, 9Dragons, Lineage 2, Silkroad Online( has over 20 servers) and many many… Anyway, it’s so important how popular is a software in this case?

LOL those aren’t real games.

And what’s the definition of “real games”?? :THNK There are many opinions, and i hope you don’t represent COMODO opinion…

WOW,BF2,BF2142,COD4,COD2,NFSMW,FEAR,Q4,QuakeWars,Crysis,U2K,UT3,TimeShift,HL2,TF2,Portal,GOW,Sins Of A Solar Empire,C&C3,SupremeCommmander,RainbowSix Vegas,Assassin’s Creed. Those are real games.

Eh… a real game is a game that YOU personally like and find fun. Not a game someone else says is “good”

With the exception of one or two Mods (who are Comodo staff), most of the Comodo staff are Admins & all display the Comodo logo. So, not an opinion of Comodo… in my opinion (not Comodo either). ;D

Version 3.0.23.364 is out, and Game Guard still causes reboot when it loads , this time there is no BSOD.
Using Windows XP SP3 and Avast Antivirus 4.8 Home

Yup, agree with u too… same symptoms. :slight_smile:

I’m using Windows XP SP3 and Avira Antivirus. :slight_smile:

Alright everyone having this peroglem list all the security software you have running right before we get the reboot. I have BOClean, CFP (DEfense+ disabled), Avast 4.8 i always turn off access protection off to save some RAM when gaming 88) now let’s see if we all have something else in common that possibly could be doing this?

Comodo 3.0.23.634
AVG 8.0
Windows XP Pro XP3

Symtom same :: Maplestory - Reboot upon starting game

Who has a workaround please?

The workaround is to disable Defense+ and reboot the computer before running your game.

I would prefer to turn off teporarily only rootkit protection instead of whole Defense+. Reboot will still be necessary for sure, but this solution is much better and safer - you would disable only one part of D+.

I can’t play MapleStory no more and now I’m seriously considering installation of older version of CFP. I think that this is not the right way, but most afflicted gamers will do this or they will “temporarily” disable D+. (Will you always remeber to turn D+ on again after playing game? I don’t think so. And your computer will not be well protected.)

If I understand it correctly: rootkit protection was added (or at least greatly improved) in new versions of CFP, so there should be a way to enable/disable it in CFP.

Hi jana4u

I believe Egemen said, in this topic, that they would try & work on a way to disable Defense+ without the requirement for a reboot. I’m not sure about just disabling rootkit protection, can’t remember if that’s been raised before or not. Rootkit protection has been in CFP 3 from the beginning, but it’s self-defence was recently improved.

As for using a older version of CFP that didn’t appear to conflict with GameGuard, I would recommend that you re-read Egemen’s posts on this. He seemed to be saying that GameGuard was damaging Defense+ previously (to what degree wasn’t clear). So, you might not be any better off doing that way.

Can I get confirmation that these issues occur solely on XP systems?

No, this is happens on Vista 32 too… Anyway it’s weird, because even Agnitum Outpost only blocks gameguard to initalise properly , but not generate BSOD’s.

…okay NOW I’m concerned. I wanted to try out Maple Story! ;.=.;

arghh ya same thing happending to meee… i wanna plaaaay ms lol

Comodo Firewall Pro had a new version - 3.0.24.368

Follow this link:

I’m running that version and still no luck with GameGuard behaving. If I have to choose between giving up a little protection versus playing an online game, I’ll find a new game to play.

Hello tinkyxiii,

I thought they have already solved that problem with the new version. I hope somebody from Comodo would shed light on this problem.