Latest update ruined functionality of some MMORPG games

Hi , Can somebody please help me?

I now know that disabling defence+ will let me play gunz and other Gameguard games (thank god) but , what sort of risk am i at now that defence+ is disabled?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, xblackskiesx.

Defense+ is a HIPS, a system security program. Without it you should at least have an anti-virus to back you up.

Ok , in that case i should be alright. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m not able to play MapleStory anymore :-[, but I’m not sure if problem is realy caused by last update of Comodo Firewall or (more probably) by updated GameGuard. Last time I played MapleStory for sure, it was 17th April. I tried to play it yesterday (26th April), but system (czech WinXP Pro SP2) always restars itself during GameGuard check when I start the game. (I don’t know when exactly was firewall updated). Today I even reinstalled game and problem persists.

I have noticed, that GameGuard is now trying to execute more files than before - rundll32 is trying to start npggNT.des (c:\Programs\NEXON\EuropeMapleStory\GameGuard\npggNT.des). This file was not launched before and everything worked fine. CFP shows me dialog to enable this, but before one can react, computer restarts itself. (I have D+ in Paranoid mode and it asks me almost about everything.)
Before I have allowed:
c:\Programs\NEXON\EuropeMapleStory\MapleStory.exe
(D+: Custom policy - Trusted Application, can execute two other files listed; FW: IP Out)
c:\Programs\NEXON\EuropeMapleStory\GameGuard.des
(D+: Trusted Application; FW: IP Out)
c:\Programs\NEXON\EuropeMapleStory\GameGuard\GameMon.des
(D+: Trusted Application; FW: nothing)

I don’t use antivirus software so I’m not going to turn D+ off. It was hard, but I have decided to stop playing MapleStory until this problem is solved. I don’t want to have my computer unprotected to play some (stupid) game. I play World of Warcraft (and many other games) and have no problem with firewall or anything. Why should I bother with problematic games like MapleStory and others using GameGuard? (I really liked MapleStory before this.)
(L)

We have the same problem guys.

I thought my system was wrecked due to some brown outs in our area.

Until my Comodo Firewall was updated I can’t play Flyff anymore.

I hope this issue will be solved as soon as possible.

I uninstall the Firewall in order to play the game. I will install it again tomorrow with some temporary tips I got here.

(:KWL)

Hello Rayster. I uninstalled the latest update and reinstalled the previous version (3.0.21.329) so that my son could play FLYFF and still my computer will have CFP’s protection. Anyway, at the start of the semester in June (Philippines), while he will be away studying in college I will reinstall the latest version. . .

Oh! What a coincidence! I also live in Philippines! I am now studying in College 3rd year starting this year.
What server does your son play? I’m in Iblis. (:WAV)

Right now I’ll install the previous version of the Firewall so that I can play Flyff safely.

And I will direct this concerns to GM Charon in FlyffPH so that they can send this to Aeonsoft :BNC

He is using bubble server. His IGN is AceVentura196. Below is the explanation of egemen why it happened:

Reporting this to your GM is a good move. Basahin mo ang quote below from kail:

Welcome nga pala dito sa Comodo forum. Maliit lang talaga ang mundo…

Yep, the world is so small ika nga (:AGL)

Any update from Comdo Team?

Nope. Wala pa…

hi all

after updating cfp to 3.0.22.349 my laptop started rebooting every time i try to start 9Dragons (during the gameguard loading)

can anyone confirm this??? i’ll be doing some work for university for 4 days so I won’t have time to install/uninstall comodo and 9dragons… but the thing is, a few hours before updating cfp there was no problem running 9D/gameguard

i’m running Windows XP PRO with SP2 + Comodo for about 6 months with no problems until now

please if anyone can replicate this problem please reply…

As it uses NProtect Gameguard see this thread link below.
Dennis
https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/latest_update_ruined_functionality_of_some_mmorpg_games-t22022.0.html

thanks for the info… same problem here
if no post has been made in 9dragons forums… i’ll try to make one

thanks… if any mod is here, please move this to the refered topic… same problem that i failled to find with seach (:SHY)

It’s on another Acclaim game forum named 2Moons, but no GM has respond till now…

Hello everyone, glad someone on 2moons forums posted this topic so atleast I know the source of this issue at hand. I will contact acclaim and attempt to get them to contact Inca since I have already emailed them but of course, no respone from them. On my end of this issue however, 2Moons seems to be the ONLY mmo that does this to me. I haven’t updated the firewall lately but I guess it did it without me knowing. I can play Silkroad just fine but I compared the GG from Silkroad and the one from 2Moons and 2Moons had more GG protection files than Silkroad. I tried swapping the GG files to see if that would work but GG just updated itself and the problem persists. So I’m stuck in the middle between a conflict with Comodo or with GG. If Silkroad can work why doesn’t 2Moons, but then again I am using a modded client but GG still boots up when I play Silkroad. Again I’ll try to get Acclaim to push Inca to fix this issue, and hopefully the devs can come up with a workaround other than disabling D+ because it offers some very serious protection in my opinion.

As a mere mortal I feel pestering Gameguard with a complaint would get nowhere. I have a suggestion: could someone at Comodo in their official capacity contact Gameguard and work with them to find a solution such as a less abusive mode for Gameguard to achieve their goal while allowing me to protect my computer with Defense+ (with rootkit protection). Alternatively could Comodo add a temporary turn on/turn off just for the rootkit defense without the drastic measure of “permanantly disable Defense+” reboot to play a game, then reenable and reboot when finished playing the game? Re: My problem is with Maplestory; WinXP-SP2. I did the “Deactivate Defense+ permanantly” & reboot work-around and Maplestory works then but I am not happy sacrificing my security for their security.

I don’t think anyone from Inca has enough brain to cooperate with COMODO to solve this problem… :THNK

Any updates? Turning off Defense+ sucks…

Odd thing is that Gamegaurd isnt used on any popular games. I play WOW,BF2,BF2142,HellGate London,COD4,COD2,U2K,Q4,Quake Wars,C&C3,TF2,TimeShift,Sins Of a Solar Empire. and non of those use Gamegaurd.