Introducing the New Look of CIS!

these gui’s remind me of windows defender and I do not like them at all , although they look easy to navigate , the design and the icons are looking they are done by a teenager who is just starting out on photoshop. sorry for the harsh comments , but I do like the skins that are available right now more! rather focus on working out the bugs and improving the AV engine then estethics…

I completely agree!

I am also not a proponent of this kind of UI design. Moreover, CIS is not entertainment software, but a cyber security system. Therefore, I believe that the CIS user interface, first of all, should be as informative and convenient to use as possible.
I am quite satisfied with the advanced interface that CIS has now. It would be nice to make dark versions of the existing interface themes so that the user can choose between light and dark options.

Also not bothered about changing the UI just for fashion sake.
I updated the new version on my computers a couple of weeks ago and yet again had to resize all the windows and columns to my liking because you can’t be bothered to save those settings across updates.
They are stored somewhere but never reinstated. Now that’s the sort of thing you ought to be thinking about, not what colour the new icons are going to be.
I was programming that sort of stuff in the 90s on lesser operating systems…

I agree with this :-TU

Version 5 was the first version I used and was also my favorite UI.

+1!

If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it!

Agreed. It’s been said before. More effort on the core of the application (features/performance/compatibility/bugfixes) would be better than fiddling with the GUI. The only thing wrong with the GUI is not to do with look or feel, it’s just that it’s sometimes very laggy/slow to respond/refresh.

I don’t like the image used for scanning, the old one is better visually to get across what the image (button) will activate.
Too dark of a background.
If you can utilize colors for many things, I think universally, that using the color green to indicate everything is good and no problems is best. Use red to indicate problems, trouble, danger and issues that need attention by the user.

really, the old images are fine, and just keeping the data base and definitions and automatic removal procedures for infections up dated, is all we want. :wink: :slight_smile:

This thing looks great.

Hi Comodo,

If you are going to give CIS a new look then create a lot more Themes to go with it so people can change it to what they want it to look like.

Make a complete dark theme please! :-TU

Exactly that, dark theme it’s nice, but not a good choice for everyone

To be honest, it looks very dissapointing.

Also, why are you guys using a template? GUI is the easiest part of the software to create, why take shortcuts?

I made a new tray icon for the new interface. I always thought the shield was a much better icon than the square one.

Also, does anybody know when we’ll see a beta released?

CIS-1 :-TU

:-TU

test… :stuck_out_tongue:

Too generic, like:

In this style, CIS is not needed ((( :-TD