Highly-acclaimed AV. Yes, but where..? [CLOSED]

Melih, to clear things out, any attack of any kind to any person from a different culture is never welcome. But, why asking that, specifically to me? Just because I wish to see things clarified about those so called reviews? Other users have posted here and I don’t see you ask them if they agree with attacks to people from different cultures.

I have one and one only thought since child: we’re all humans, we eat, we drink, we smile, we cry, we etc., etc., we’re all the same. It just happens we have different beliefs, different colors, etc. We can’t all be the same, otherwise we would be living in a ■■■■ boring world. What makes things so interesting are all the differences between everybody.

You see, you have a better view of your life than other people who stoop so low to attack other cultures. I welcome that and thank you!

Melih

FYI: I already answered it in my previous post thinking that is what the OP had really wanted. But my answer was followed by an attack on my culture by the OP, hence the direction that we are in. I don’t think its ok to let people attack other people’s cultures is it? If you answer as yes, then I will keep quite, if you think it is unacceptable, then one has to make sure this matter is dealt with appropriately.

Melih

[ at ] Jeremysbost

I agree with you, but here people accuse me of attacking other cultures, but that’s something I’d never do, because as I’ve write 10000 times, I respect every culture. :frowning:

I wrote yesterday that I didn’t want to start flames, but seems like I and Melih did.
So, I won’t answer to any other accuse, in order to keep this 3d clean :wink: I just want to say one last thing to Melih

Bye

[ at ] Melih

Dear Melih,

Can you read my post before talking? Or, if you don’t have time to do it, don’t waste your time writing I’m attacking people, because I’m not doing it. You are. We discussed about it also some months ago.

You always attack me, and begin flames, because that’s what you want: you want people to thing that I’m a fan of tallemu, who came here to flame. But if you read my posts, you’ll see taht I don’t want to flame.

As I wrote to Jeremy, I’ll stop answering accuses, from now, because I’m not a flamer.

Leo

PS: I’ve already said sorry, anyway… Because I’m really sorry. :wink:

And I still think that both OA and (R) !! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Well, now that things are clarified… about what I think about different cultures… I will then wait for a clarification about the mentioned reviews at the press release page, as soon as you can. That’s all I can ask.

There’s not really anything I can say about this situation, as I believe all my views were all said, and I hope that no one feels bad about it, but it made me confused quite a bit. So, I’ll just wait…

Best regards

Leolas

Are you insulting the intelligence of our forum members by pretending that you are not a Moderator in Tallemu Forums?

Here is your forum handle in their forum (Italian Forum Moderator) which clearly identifies you as their Italian Forum Moderator!

You have shown yourself to be deceitful trying to pretend that you are not fan of OA or not affiliated with them in anyway by your misleading statements. You are a disgrace to Tallemu Forum Members I am afraid! I am confident that all Tallemu users are decent human beings who enjoy their products and do not want to get involved in cheap tactics like what you are engaged in and insulting other people’s cultures!

Shame on you for trying to hide your identity and not declaring your affiliation to Tallemu Forum and claiming that you are not a fan of OA in an attempt to insult Comodo Forum member’s intelligence and
Shame on you for attacking other cultures!

Melih

I’m not paid by them or affiliated to them. Ask Mike Nash, if you don’t trust me. One more accuse to me… wow…

And I wrote in my first post that I use OA :wink:

[CUT by Leolas]

Read my posts, before saying I attacked your culture… Please… I’m quite sick of this situation

reads thread and cries at what it has become

I think everyone is mis-interrupting everyone else. So, let’s just leave it at that. There is no reason for all this hostility. What do you think others will think when they come to this forum for the first time and read this thread? A lot of people have been acting in an unprofessional way. Everyone, please, cool down and think before typing. This is one of my most favorite forums to visit, so I love this place. Let’s keep things on a professional level. I think most posts need to be removed to a private place. Have the original question, melih’s response that he asked the marketing team for an answer, and let’s leave it at that. There is no point in talking about this any further until he hears back from them. Please.

100% Correct! Mods, I think it would be a good idea to move the argument part to some other place or delete it, because people that come here will have to wade through all the other junk to see what they came to see: where the reviews are.

I have read everything in this thread and i agree, that this thread isen’t really what COMODO is about.
And not good for first time readers either.

So MODS get to work and clean up comments that is not about those reviews (:WIN)

And to everyone that is interested in the reviews wait until Melih have got the answer form the marketing division,
and then he reports what they said to him right HERE in this thread.

Thanks, J_G

I share the same feeling.

Seriously, there was a moment I thought someone is impersonating Melih in this topic… He’s answering things not like himself! You know, the cool, joyous and professional good fellow. Hey Melih, what/who ever that got you so tighten up, pls let it go. It’s not worth it!

Cheers man! :■■■■ (:HUG)

LOL…
thanks Foxman…

Just people with ill intentions gets under my skin man… I just can’t help myself… I guess thats why I am good at security… I attack ill intention and protect our users from it :slight_smile:

I mean this guy has the cheek to come here and does what he does abusing our good will of running an open and frank forum where we do not ban or delete people’s posts. We have a Tallemu Moderator who is not declaring himself as one (our mods are very careful of declaring their affiliation in other forums btw) having a go at us for marketing word that some marketing people have used. Give me a break! Anyone can find something wrong with almost any companies website as it is so easily done! Here is an example: “Scot Finnie the Editor in chief of Computerworld has voted Online Armor as the Best Firewall Software of 2008, through his personal blog site titles Scot’s Newsletter Blog” This is an exact quote from Tallemu site. I am only showing this as an example of how marketing words can easily be questioned and I don’t really care if Tallemu modify this or not. What is wrong with that statement is: Scott did NOT vote for it in his capacity as Editor in Chief of Computerworld, he did it in his personal blog as scot finnie. So they should not have put his title as Editor in Chief when they say he voted for it, thats misleading. Now, I don’t really care tbh, but this is just one point and one can go on about other vendors too.

So I am totally p** off with this guy, coming here not being totally frank with us, abusing our opennness, abusing my culture for something that you can easily point the finger on many other vendors, including the vendor he is affiliated with. Now that ticks me off to no end! I am pretty straight forward guy, I call it as I see it.

Melih

But we DID answer your question…

[list]ehm guys 88)

stick to the topic please? 88)

Hey Guys
This is to all the critics of Comodo out there. I have read this forum and it has become unprofessional with some of the things that have been written. The fact is that Melih and the Comodo team have spent alot of money developing a product that is extremely good and that both the firewall and av are FREE. I have yet to find a firewall that is as good. Maybe the AV still have work to be done on it but lets face it, for a product that hasn’t been on the market for vey long it is a damb side better that other i have tried. Also dont forget that the team is still making it better. There are a couple of things i would like to see done and i have posted them and I have NO doubt that this will be the best suite on the market. I have tried other free firewalls and have also paid for firewalls and Comodo is still the best. I have used free and paid for av’s and I still went back to Comodo. Yes I have spent money and wasted it but I had to be sure of what i was using as all my work is on my laptop and the last thing i need is to have it infected. And as far as other cultures are concerned, in my eyes all men and women are equal.
We talk about how women are treated in other countries, just look around you own neighbourhood and you will find that there are many abused women around, its just that it is not as public. I think we should be old enough and mature enough and ugly enough not to be slanderous but keep this forum for the purpose it was meant for and that is to help Comodo develop their products further. There may or may not be the reviews as sugested but I dont really care because I know that the reviews will come thick and fast and that other av companies will be sitting up wondering why there sales are deminishing. All i can say to Melih and the gang, you have my 110% support and I wont be going back to anyother free or paid av or firewall. Keep up the sensational work, if you guys dont then nobody else will.
shadha (B)

That’s would be a really generous way to describe it but at least tis time you didn’t mention Computer America

In fact your first post in this topic didn’t mention Computer america at all.

I can guess you noticed my reply when I asked if anyone considered that they what they asked for likely meant a picture of the review (or an audio capture).

but then you chose to focus on another aspect

soon followed by a contribution that neglect the existence of paper reviews at all.

I sill wondered about that when I poited out the obvious

Despite you later focused only on the request for clarification aspects I retain my viewpoint.

If I had read only one or two latest post of your I could have believed that you simply asked for a clarification but I wonder really if every other reader could agree with your description considering how you addressed some specific aspects starting to read from the first quotes even tough that doubt you aired.

Feel free to invite everiybody to think that moderators could be biased and could have reacted differently if they were regular members.

I wonder if they are willing to ignore that a request for clarification for an eventual an maybe unavailable online review was transformed to imply that all rewiews should be online in order to be referenced in an announcement and, if not online, a beforehand copy of said review should be stored as ‘proof’ in case some users start posting that a review never existed.

I guess still could feel that openness about a marketing announement would be a desired outcome but yet I wonder about what approaches could be legitimately advocate trust.

[ at ] Gibran

Where, in my first post, did I not mention Computer America at all?

This was my first post!!!

Did anyone point me out where those reviews where? No. Then, some time after Melih says he was going to ask his Marketing staff what was going on.

All I have to do is wait. I never said anywhere that Melih had to answer 1 year ago!!! If he has no idea of what happened, then, as he well mentioned, he was going to get in touch with them. End of story. Lets wait and see what Melih has to say.

And now, lets be honest, did I, in any way, bash Comodo? Did I, in any way, try to bring Comodo down the drain?
Is a user who gives suggestions to improve Comodo’s Firewall and Defense+ and help to increase AV’s detection trying, in any way, to bring Comodo down? If that is the case, well, then I will stop suggesting improvements.

If you wish, just ask Melih if I haven’t been in contact with him, sometimes, to point him out sites where his team could put an eye on to help increase their detections. I PMed him, as I believe there was no need to start a thread for that. Do I look like a guy trying to hurt Comodo, in any way? Please, if I am, tell me so…

By the look of it, if anyone was being rude here, it seems that person was me… OK… Fine… It is fair… If wanting to see such situation clarified makes of me the rude one… OK…

But, if you want to go that way, then, allow me to quote something you said:

As you, and everyone else, well can see here http://computershopper.com/software/reviews those reviews go way back to 2006. Comodo Internet Security came out a few months back. If they have reviews of 2006 on their database, don’t you think they would have CIS’s reviews from 2008? Maybe not…

Yep I corrected that mistake and striked out that text. I still however didn’t see any attempt from your side to strike out that part you claimed that the review don’t exist (so far).

I noticed some of your contribution and tests. Like the one when you were willing to test CIS on virtuallbox despite there were bugraports and a confirmation that Virtualbox was not able to support CIS at the time. I forgot to ask you if you were willing to install CIS in the virtuabox only for the sake of testing and you were willing to continue if those leaktests did work in the VM. I still wonder if you had CIS installed at the time though.

For sure I noticed you clarified they yours were constructive comments even though sometimes in other topics I felt to had to clarify some aspects (and sometimes I did not, even though it would be needed)

I guess this is another of those occurrences.

Can you confirm that everybody should read this and implicitly assume that each and every review computershopper featured should be online?

If not did you considered that said request likely meant a picture of the review (or an audio capture in Computer America’s case)?

Was your focus on reading said reviews or only to confirm that they do exist?

As I previously stated I wonder if anyone is are willing to ignore that a request for clarification for an eventual and maybe unavailable online review was transformed to imply that all reviews should be online in order to be referenced in an announcement and, if not online, a beforehand copy of said review should be stored as ‘proof’ in case some users start posting that a review never existed.

I surely hope they will read this entire topic and not only the latest posts and feel free to blame me if I was overly defensive as someone doubted moderators to act in another way (I wonder in that case if a moderator is allowed to have a viewpoint. Even though the scenario of a moderator failing to comply with another forum policy it is something I never expected to see).

To sum this up.
It seems like Leolas only wants to know where he can find the reviews and read them. Not troll the forum.
I acctually wanted to read them myself but i might have been looking on the wrong place.

Washington post(closest i found was this one which only mentions Comodo firewall pro. Don’t see any review of either CFP nor CIS)
Lifehacker
Computershopper
(:s*) Computer America ← (:s*) here i’m not sure where to start looking at all, since they also have like a radio show too, and i’m unsure what date it was published and so on.

Found reviews on:
PC mag

Other places i’ve red reviews:
Downloadsquad
Remove-malware.com

Video review:
From user: mrizos on youtube:part 1,part 2,part 3,part 4 (acctually learned some stuff i didn’t know here, like the task manager AKA view active process list. seems to be reviewing the first CIS 3.5 final)

(This post is not ment as trolling or anything like that, just so this tread don’t end up off-topic with accusations and so on, and to find out where to find the reviews, listing sources doesn’t hurt. like websites, magazin year #### numer/weeknumber ##, dates and so on)

To sum this up it seems like Leolas stated so if due care is taken to neglect some aspects of his posts.

Comoo CEO will query the maketing departement about these reviews and confirmed he will provide a reply to those interested to read the reviews.