Highly-acclaimed AV. Yes, but where..? [CLOSED]

This Mod: I do not see any reason to adopt a strategic position at this point. Asides, from the Press Release itself & “the question”, that’s all there is. The question has been asked & the facts are currently, somewhat, light… I’m not sure how I can I take any position at the moment. I could engaged in speculation of course,… and say things like “the obvious conclusion”, “reasonably surmise”, etc… but, it’s the weekend & it’s easier to wait for the answer.

…and I hope it was clear that I took my defensive position simply because of the time factor. Furthermore I don’t expect an answer on Monday morning, but I hope for an answer next week or so. :wink:

LA

IMHO this reply of yours made more blatant the context of this topic.

And I didn’t see any attempt to change it in a less prejudicial form.

Sorry but from that reply I would hardly believe this and I don’t need to add something like But that’s a doubt in the air… to state my subjective viewpoint either.

Although I could wonder if an user willing to publicly state that a Vendor faked a (review) reference is also likely to use that brand’s products, I surely disagree with your approach.

I hardly think that anybody would be willing to answers to question motivated by uncostructive doubts and likely I cannot assume that any marketing departement out there would have to scan a ‘proof’ of a review beforehand in case later on some users doubt that said reviews doesn’t exist.

To ask such question the above practice would have to be implicitly assumed to be reasonable whereas someone else could feel entitled to abuse this aspect to spread FUD.

as pointed out earlier, i have emailed the marketing people to ask them in what context those were said. I am sure they will respond soon.

but the point is: with Leolas’s Posts you can see that Leolas’s has no interest but having a go at Comodo for his own personal interest. My time is valuable and reserved for people who want to make a difference rather than for people who are after scoring some cheap points about a wording some marketing people used somewhere about a product that over 10,000 people a day installs and loves.

The only reason I am answering this is not because it was asked by the OP but because others wanted an answer… So when I hear from marketing guys as to which context they were referring to this I will let you know. Until then Leolas, pls stop wasting people’s time for your own personal gain, its childish and silly.

Melih

Hi Melih.

If you don’t want to asnwer my question, then just stop writing in this thread.

There’s no reason to accuse me for being uninterested of Comodo.
And saying that 10,000 people a day installs and loves Comodo, doesn’t mean that you’re allowed to make misinformation.

An example: Mr Silvio Berlusconi, my president, has been voted by 60% of italian population. BUT, he uses his 5 televisions to make disinformation in italy.

So, just because a lot of people voted him, do you think it’s right to make disinformation?
Don’t know, maybe in Turey you have a different culture, and it’s fair that who has power, can say whatever he wants :slight_smile:

I think you’ll find “don’t want” and “cannot” have very different meanings. This is a very negative spin on what you’ve been told by Melih.

I can’t believe how low you can go blaming cultures/nations in an attempt to gain for self interest Leolas! Shame on you!

Melih

Well, sorry everybody.

I translated badly melih’s last post :-X It was my mistake :frowning:

Sorry for the accuses, Melih :-X

BTW, I didn’t want to accuse any nation. It was just a supposition, not an accuse :wink: And anyway, I respect every culture of the world :wink:

It is your right to see it that way, though, it does not necessarily means it is so.

Where exactly have ever seen me mentioning that Comodo faked anything? All I asked was if those reviews do exist, where I can see them, as I could not find them. Is this forbidden to ask? If the vendor of one of the security tools I use says on their site that certain reviews exist, I sure would like to know what has been said in such reviews… Or is that a crime?

And I only found out about those suppose reviews when I read this thread. I went to look that article and then searched for those suppose reviews to see if I could find them or if the user who started this thread was just on a mood. But, after going to such magazines sites, which one is a radioshow with a small site, the only thing I found was reference to CFP in the radioshow site (Computer America), but only mentioning a direct link to download it, as it happens with other mentioned tools over there. I saw no reviews, at all.

I don’t give a ■■■■ if Comodo/any other vendor products are reviewed or not. But what’s in discussion, as far as I am concerned, is what I mentioned in my second post - Trust - the so trust Melih talks about. How can we trust a vendor that states their products are highly acclaimed by experts, by mentioning reviews no one can find.

If no info regarding such reviews were on that press release, guess what, I wouldn’t be posting here, and I have a pretty good guess that this thread wouldn’t exist at all.

Unconstructive doubts? If you say so… again, won’t necessarily mean things are the way you see them…

Bottom line: This is all I am concerned with: If I can trust the so called trust Melih talks about. That’s all I am concerned with. Nothing else. Don’t I have the right to know that I can still trust Comodo? If I don’t, well, then I apologize for any disturbance I may have caused in this thread.

Best regards.

P.S: If it seemed that I was attacking the mods… I wasn’t at all… But, when I saw 3 replies in a row from 3 mods, well, the thought did cross my mind… But, I am only human…

If do not exist implicitly mean that. AFAIK There is no other way to interpret your contribution.

I wish to let everybody notice that you explicitly used a prejudicial form and then I hope they will read again your above reply.

As I previosly pointed out that even when a magazine has an online site it cannot be assumed that every written article is mirrored on the online version, I will refrain to restate my viewpoint again.

P.S.: I think it was a coincidence, combined with interest among mods. Personally I don’t feel attacked in any way by you, so no hard feelings. :slight_smile:

LA

hi

I don’t know if the OP had a hidden agenda but i’m glad he brought this to our attention.

And regarding DarkButterfly i don’t think he could have put it any better or any clearer why he and a few others are annoyed by this.

I’m sure this thread will be debated in other forums also

cheers

To find out if the OP had a hidden agenda or not pls look at his previous posts and look at the way he attacked and blamed other cultures. Its irrelevant whether he misunderstood what I wrote or not, he clearly is of type to stereotype and attack other cultures which is as low as one gets imo.

Can you really defend his attack on other cultures?

Melih

DarkButterfly

Are you also defending Leolas’s attack on other cultures or will you keep quite about that and don’t say anything? Trust is gained thru being open and frank, I answered saying I will ask marketing guys for an explanation and get back to the forum and in return got an abuse from the OP in return yet didn’t hear any one of you condemning it.

So will you support his attack on other cultures?

Melih

Allow me to clarify it again.

What I said here https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/highlyacclaimed_av_yes_but_where-t30052.0.html;msg220401#msg220401 was based on the searches I performed in hope to find those ■■■■ reviews that Comodo talks about at that ■■■■ press release page and that no one seems to find them out, at any place, at all. That’s why I said they don’t exist. Why? I can’t find them no where. And in Computer Shopper site, there is not even 1 single reference to any of Comodo’s products, even less one of the suppose reviews.

Am I the one being crazy here? Imagining things? Did I wake with my feet out of bed and got a cold and started to imagine things that I seem not to find? If so, please, let me know so I can go to the doctor…

I’m really sick and tired of this mouse and cat run here. I will keep an eye on this thread and wait for Melih to clarify this all situation, when possible. That’s all I can do. That’s all I want to achieve - clarification. Is it that much to ask and expect from someone who wants (and I too want it) a Trusted Internet?

It seems like I am the bad guy here. No one is being the bad guy here. I’m just a Comodo user, who would like to see all this confusion clarified. Should I be “charged to the court of law” because of that? I hope not. All I want, and I will refrain it all again, is, in first place, clarification, which will allow me to decide on the "trust.

I apologize, but where did I prejudice anyone by wanting to be clarified about this all situation? And what will everybody notice? That I wish to be clarified about this? Please, give me a break… All I ever said is that I wish to be clarified. (I believe we all wish that.) Or will all other users punish me for that? I sure hope not… they’re too many… And there would be no purpose for me to continue on this forum if such situation will or would happen.

Best regards

Which culture did I attack, sorry?
Maybe, I’m not good in english and didn’t explain my thoughts very well

I didn’t say that people in Turkey think it’s fair that who got power can do whatever he wants; and anyway, even if wrote it, it wouldn’t have been an attack.

Why? → Because I always respect different cultures: For example, I still respect arabians,
Edit by mod: part of this post was edited to remove a subjective interpretation of a different culture that was not policy compliant
It will happen the same there.

I hope you understand what I mean:
1- It wasn’t an accuse to anybody, because it was a supposition: you kept answering me that you have million of users, instead of answerring my question. BUT, I didn’t read that you wrote your marketing people. So, I’m sorry for my previous post
2- even if a culture is different, that doesn’t mean that people who think that culture is fair are stupid. In my opinion.

PS: I’ve read my previous post again, and I still don’t understand why you say I’m attacking different cultures. The only person I really attacked is berlusconi, but I just said that he got 5 televisions, even if he is a president. That wouldn’t happen in other countries…

And that’s all I wish. That you clarify the situation as soon as you can. I never said otherwise. At least, I think I haven’t. Maybe I gave it to understand, but english is not my native language, so I apologize if my sentences didn’t come out as I planned. But, I do think that I never said anything like you should clarify it yesterday, today or tomorrow.

Honestly, I won’t even bother to answer to such. Deserves no answer at all… and I’m quite disappointed you asked it. But that’s how I feel it… Then again, I’m just human and deserve to feel that way…

Best regards

You see, you feel insulted because you I merely asked if you support some other attack, but I was subject of this attack, hope you can see it from my point of view, can you?

We have this guy who thinks he is doing his choice of firewall company a favour by coming and attacking Comodo and then goes to lowest level possible to attack other cultures and I am at the receiving end of it. You were disappointed when I merely asked you, how would you feel if you were the subject of the attack?

Melih

I did NOT attack comodo. And I’m not attacking other cultures as well.

Stop keeping saying this, please.

I keep getting confused with this argument. It seems the best option is to forget about all the fighting, and just stay on-topic, which is about where the reviews are. To stop arguing will save everyone’s time, and some people (like me) only want to know where those reviews are. We don’t want to read through a whole debate.

And please, don’t start arguing with me because I don’t want to be dragged into this mess.