Exciting News: Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta Now Open for Testing!

We too want to release it as soon as we can. But we need to make sure to keep fixing bugs.
Team are working on it. When its ready, it will be released. Patience please, thank you.

7 Likes

You again did not reply to the content of my post. That seems to be a pattern.

In this post I found another 9 staggering failures in understanding the basics of CIS that I won’t post for reasons of brevity but I can post at any given time.

Edit: I just posted the list of 9 it in the subsequent post.

With these 9 examples you are failing to understand the fundamental principles of CIS yet you have the audacity to state CIS is not providing various forms of protection and self protection that it actually does provide.

The latter can be seen as badmouthing or defamatory. Defamatory because you are a long term user enough, and one who likes to portray himself as authority, to have educated yourself about the fundamentals of CIS yet you attack CIS with statements that are untrue.
You are either ill informed or trolling when you make bold claims about a lack of security that are not true. Either way you are spreading FU (Fear and Uncertainty). Are you also spreading D (Deceit)? That’s what this is about.

When I pulled you up twice you shy away and respond with a lot of hot air blaming everybody else but yourself. How dare we hurt you!

Moderators are volunteers. We’re end users like all other forum members. We are not employees of Comodo.

The problem is that you have been making false statements about fundamentals of protection of CIS. That’s what I am pulling you up about.

You need to be reeducated about the fundamentals of CIS and then man up to see the error of certain believes and ways.

2 Likes

Here are the nine errors I mentioned in and alluded to in my previous post.

CIS has Protected Data and Blocked Files options

Not true. Is present.

Not true. Is present.
You are confusing user bypass with CIS bypass! CIS is the nanny of program behvior, not of user behavior.

Not true. Is present

Not true. Is present

Not true. Is present. See point 1: CIS has Protected Data and Blocked Files options

Not true. There is dedicated ransomware protection with Protected Files and recognizer but does not have feedback (whatever feedback may be)

The ransomware recognizers will also recognize unknown ransomware

Not true. Default Deny and Sandbox will handle them.

Is already present. It’s called Default Deny and Sandbox.

Such blatant misrepresentation of the fundamental principles of CIS. And then have the audacity to state:

This conclusion in light of the list of misrepresentations is uncalled for.

7 Likes

I replied here to the wrong post.

Thank you for being so kind as to tell me how to delete my account from the forum please.

I can’t find how to do it.

With many thanks

My thanks and encouragement to the developers.

hi @CISfan , please find our next Beta release scope here

other than that, we are fully committed to fix everything that is listed here:

and much more…

5 Likes

Hi @C.O.M.O.D.O_RT could you help me?
Thanks in advance and regards

Hi Avos-New-Forum,

Thank you for reporting. These tempscripts are safe.
kindly refer the below link for better understanding of the tempscript.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Thank you so much :+1:
Unfortunately it warns me every time I open Chrome.

I replied to the wrong post… Here once more:

I, too, have many bat files in this folder and one or more blocked with firewall (+hips). Virustotal doesn’t detect any malware. Startpage doesn’t show any results but duckduckgo does when I enter (as an example) as a search many batfiles in Comodo tmpscrpt . Perhaps you can find help.

Have a look there: C_powershell.exe .ps1 question - #3 by nickfree

1 Like

Is it like this? I ask because I don’t have any problems with cis and I just care about safety. If so, I can stick with cis 8012. Or are there improvements that aren’t so obvious? So work more in the background?
I’m sticking with the Lucy theme as a design and therefore don’t need version 8088 unless the protective measures have been or will be improved somewhat.

Those .bat files are not dangerous in themselves as referenced by @C.O.M.O.D.O_RT here Exciting News: Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta Now Open for Testing! - #512 by C.O.M.O.D.O_RT. As @egemen explains here Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 with Secure Shopping is released!!! - #172 by egemen, they are just sandboxed file-translations by CIS of the (hidden) commandlines used on processes available on all Windows computers that could do harm. He also provided options what to do with them. @DecimaTech wrote here Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 with Secure Shopping is released!!! - #181 by futuretech “You can delete the script files anytime you want and the contents of that folder will be emptied by CIS once it reaches a certain size which you can change in HIPS settings (default 100 KB).” For more information about those fileless threats (so-called Living Off The Land Binaries, Scripts and Libraries, or LOLBins), see here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210603160512/https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/fileless-threats

You can request to get your account disabled in Disabling your account [merged topic].

OK thanks.
In fact, I’ll wait for the next version.
And regarding the forum, I will just read without participating.
I have Comodo CIS since 2007 or 2008, I believe, be fifteen years.
Best wishes.

A MITM implementation is incredibly risky and would rather see that as a stand alone “component” than something integrated into CIS.

May I ask what you are doing if you feel you need 3 products to ‘feel’ safe?

The list of stuff you requested is several different products, and you all want them in one package, possibly for free? That list seems like something similar to what you’d see on the Star Citizen forums from the users requesting what the “game” should have.

CIS should focus on 3 main areas, starting with HIPS, Firewall and then antivirus (and the legacy heuristics and signature based stuff that they all rely on) with sandboxing.

What makes a user “suicidal” if they only use CIS in 2023?

@C.O.M.O.D.O_RT
Question regarding beta:
When opening HIPS with 8012 on W10 it takes quite a while and it seems that it checks the file names listed to add their icons to the list. This caused me major problems when I had perhaps 50-100 rules on a SSD that was dying.

Would it be possible for the rule listing to
a) NOT check every single file and
b) NOT load their icons.

I have already added the files, and some are not even files at all (like wildcard file name rules), and my focus on opening up the HIPS rules is to ADD, REMOVE or MODIFY rules pertaining to HIPS behaviour when that file is executed, NOT to verify that the file still exists or has a fancy icon.

If I wanted to check the files there is already the PURGE button.

So, is this behaviour changed in CIS 2024?

Thanks.

Also I have almost 100 rules in HIPS on a hard disk and Windows 10 + CIS 8012. HIPS opens immediately when I click on it.

You still have not replied to my before last post where I listed 9 false claims about CIS lack of protection and self protection.

Also you immunize yourself by stating that even though you tinker with your computer configuration: it cannot be at fault and are neither willing nor open to take into account your configuration as part of testing. You state you want to be helpful but without wanting to also look into your configuration you are not helpful. F.e. when kindly asked by C_O_M_O_D_O_RT to take into account to take into account that you also have two other security programs installed you simply ignore. That is not helpful.

That’s why I want you to respond to the list of 9 falsehoods you posted and to denounce them.

Is it this way? I just want to be safe; I don’t have any issues with being cis. If so, I’ll continue to use cis 8012. Or have there been less evident improvements? So work more in the background?
I don’t require version 8088 unless the defensive measures have been or will be slightly improved as I’m sticking with the Lucy theme for the design.

Moderator edit: suspicious link removed.

So, any news about it?