Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA

Malicious Malware? :thinking:

during installation it is not signed, afterwards yes

The whole package is signed, so I don’t know where this data comes from that it has not signed ?

I installed it on a PC while keeping the Glasswire firewall active.

When cmdagent asked for the connection the first time, Glasswire told me it was not signed…

I did this, just to see what happened…

I checked cmdagent.exe and it is signed.

You got conflicting information but failed to inquire. Also you failed to mention up front there was another third party firewall active at the moment of installation which could influence your findings.

We expect a beta tester to be actively inquiring conflicting findings and provide sufficient information about your configuration at the time of your findings.

@ilgaz,

You stated that Comodo is fully committed to fix everything listed in the List of current bugs and that fixing the bugs has your current focus as indictated in your above posts.
What is true about this statement and focus? Is it only false promise?
When will there be the promised bug fixes?
I don’t understand, please clarify.

Expression française : il faut tourner sept fois sa langue dans sa bouche avant de parler (think before you speak)

C’est la même chose sur le forum. Carve every word before you let it fall.

Comment un expert comme vous a-t-il pu oublier de désactiver le FW de GW lors de l’installation de CFW ?

Hello Domo78 !

You’re wrong, I deliberately installed it on the PC where Glasswire was.

I wanted to see what was going on. Are tests forbidden? Have you published a test nomenclature yourself?

Presumably you also manage technical feedback from the beta version to the developers?

If we don’t welcome my essay comments at all anymore, how many do you think there are?

Is it encouraging or not?

Have you decided to stop all feedback? Or have you been appointed to sort them out and devalue some?

It’s rather paradoxical to have to turn your tongue 7 times in a country that is also the country of freedom of expression. Are you trying to divert attention from the beta’s current problems?

I’m sure you’d prefer an empty page here. No one would speak, and that would be fine with you. Why don’t you contribute to the beta process by testing something a little different that adds a different, non-linear, non-Lambda experience?

Thanks in advance.

Expert battles are all very well, but why can’t CISfan, who’s a real fan (as I am), get an answer to his questions?

I could also install a local proxy to see how CIS handles this. Will it notice that everything is decrypted on the fly?

Any objections?

No feedback, no comments, less progress

Your post did not point to a problem with the beta. Files don’t go from unsigned to signed. To add to that I fail to see the relevance of that particular test. What was the objective of testing?

You neither gave an explanation of what you witnessed. All I see is clickbait when you say cmdagent.exe file is not signed. You did not describe how you tested, what your findings are and what explains them.

We expect a beta tester to actively inquire instead we have to pull information from you.

2 Likes

I installed beta 3 on a new machine and no issues, nothing to complain about

thanks so much for your work, waiting the rc release

3 Likes

BSOD on startup caused by Early Launch AntiMalware->Boot-Start Driver Initialization Policy.
With the GPO set to Good and unkown no problems.

Hello Team,

Been testing and using the latest beta. Everything looks okay but here are few things that should and must be fixed in the final release.

There was some active malware/threat in the system which wasn’t detected or removed by realtime protection, had to run a full scan to detect and remove it which doesn’t looks good because realtime protection should be capable and sufficient enough to catch and remove any active malwares/virures from the system.
Secondly secure shopping feature is failing installations despite multiple attempts.

So please kindly get this issues fixed.

Please check attached screenshot for reference.

Comodo issues.pdf (151.4 KB)

Hi Nanto01 !

It’s better to put an image in the message please, rather than an attached PDF. Thanks :slight_smile:

Here you got it.

Wow! Super fast!

Downloads folder…

I think you need an answer from the “security staff”, not from a participant like me, nor from the moderators.

You have to wait for an answer from the current staff.

This will make it more real and increase confidence.

Or a reply from Comodo_RT back from vacation…

Ilgaz ?

1 Like

Ok the main problem here is that if there is some active malware/viruses/threats running on the system & it is not properly detected & removed by realtime protection which should be then that malware/virus will already cause some kinda damages to the system or any system files. So this looks like quite a serious issue and needs to be addressed ASAP.

Do you have the possibility of scanning this disk from another PC or another Windows and with the official version of Comodo (not beta) or another Antivirus as reputable as Comodo?

Maybe you can get the Geekbuddy guy to do it?

(Mind you, I’m not telling you what to do…)

I think it’s a big problem. Maybe the development team (and only them) (No lower levels) would be happy to take over your PC remotely to figure out what’s going on?

Hope you got my point it is already mentioned : There was some active malware/threat in the system which wasn’t detected or removed by realtime protection, had to run a full scan to detect and remove it which doesn’t looks good because realtime protection should be capable and sufficient enough to catch and remove any active malwares/virures from the system.

So the realtime threat/malware detection & protection & removal components needs to be improved a lot and made lot more pro-active in terms of detecting & removing threats & malwares in realtime.