Exciting News: Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta Now Open for Testing!

There is no screenshot available. The request is for an alert option in auto-containment. Users can choose to either run unknown files auto-contained or receive an alert with containment, allow, and block options.

1 Like

This has been asked for billion times for many many years now. I can assure you we won’t ever get this feature. Which is just bizarre why they are resisting it so hard when it makes so much sense.

1 Like

From the security perspective is always better to block first. If you are sure you want to allow it, you will manually allow the unknown file.
Many users will mess up, or simply clicks by mistake and so on, and fault of infection will be Comodo’s. Which from my point of view, is not worth the risk.

1 Like

Поддерживает ли СНГ ранний запуск ELAM anti-malware protection?

It would be an option in containment settings for advanced users. The default action would remain the same, i.e., it would auto-contain unknown files.

1 Like

Hi khanyash,

Thank you for reporting.
Kindly create feature request in this category & follow this format and add poll for the feature request, so that other users could able to understand and vote on your wish.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Like @RamboNTanga, I don’t see much use in it either. Sure, it’s a bit more complicated to subsequently set a program to trustworthy, but how often does something like that happen in life?

Are you thinking of something like this? This is one of the options I’ve wanted Comodo to bring from CCAV. It allows more granular control for those who want it while still defaulting to default deny for those who don’t. You’ll notice that the popup allows you the option to remember the choice.

ccav popup

4 Likes

Yes, I meant this option, i.e., alert for unknown files.

Hi Cassette,

Thank you for providing the screenshot.
@khanyash We will check and report thiis to the team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Almost a month has passed, where is the update to the non-working beta? Or is the beta test over or will there be no more updates this year?

3 Likes

Hello,

I instated the Beta yesterday, point of issue.

1. After installation I performed a quick scan but the client still shows last scan : Never even after multiple scans.
  2. Secure shopping, just hangs and does not install or launch.
  3. Kill switch does not install or launch just hangs.
  4. Cleaning Essentials does not install or launch just hangs.
  5. Found HIPS disabled so I enabled it.
  6. Updating the client, Recognizer updates always fails.
  7. Updating the client, Program updates always fails “Error” why not say “up to date”, I have v12.3.0.8088, in the log Error: 0x80072ee7 - The server name or address could not be resolved
    In Proxy Settings I have, correct ?

https://download.comodo.com/
http://178.255.86.194
http://91.209.196.83

Thanks

Hi tattubato,

Thank you for reporting.
The team is aware of these issues and they are working on it.
We will update you as soon as it fixed.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, are the URL’s correct ?
Thanks

Hi tattubato,

Let me check and update you the url.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi tattubato,

We have checked and found that the url’s are correct.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Great to hear beta is going on, looking forward to release.

• Can people confirm if there no longer are issues with WSL 2 and ImDisk Ramdisk (w. NTFS partitions)?
  • Also question: Is HIPS and Firewall features as before (in terms of advanced options)
  • Can we still disable all “auto-approval” that CIS does with the millions of pre-installed certificates?

@C.O.M.O.D.O_RT Can you give an ETA for the next update?

hi @likeastar20 , we are aiming to release a new beta version which includes a lot of fixes, in 2-3 weeks time. I will let you know once we clarify the exact date.

4 Likes

@ilgaz Xcitium AEP and Xcitium Beta 2024 and other products and services are always the best