Eset NOD32 [Merged Threads] [Discussion]

In doesn’t matter how “in depth” the scan is, if the virus isn’t on the list it simply won’t be detected.

There might me some FP’s I won’t argue, but 52 from Avira and 4 from SAS ??? I doubt about that. 2-3 that’s normal.
Vett, you have CFP and Sandboxie remember ? She didn’t had any firewall, except the XP one.

To sum up - I’ll stay away from NOD32 , but you guys can do whatever you want. If it works for you, okay. :slight_smile:

Peace :a0 (for now ;D)

1. She doesn’t have smart security 88) ?? Then what’s the point ?

Xan

Smart Security suxors even more. :-TD You saw their firewall results on Matousec. 5 % >:( It’s nothing ! And they take 20 $ more for that. Antispam you say ? ■■■■ ! And it’s even heavier than NOD32 which takes 35-40 RAM. Avast takes 18 ! Avira about the same >:(

Why aren’t you online ? 88) It’s far easier discussing it there… !ot!

Well their firewall may be bad, but at least it’s 5% stronger then the standart XP one :slight_smile:

Xan

It’s better than XP ? Slightly. But 20 bucks more ? At least gimme a 75 % firewall for that money. :slight_smile:

I only use Sandboxie on demand and only started using it within the last 6 months or so. In the past 5 years never been infected.

Have you been using NOD32 all those 5 years ? ;D

No but for the past 2 years I have been using it.

Well thanks Comm. now you have me doubting my Nod32 :frowning: Also added Frostwire and firefox to web browsers and “active mode” Notices that after I added firefox to web browsers speed tests go crazy ranging from 4.8 MB (which isnt possible seeing as I only get 4 tops.) and some as low as 1.4 MB but when I download things I can still get my 3.5 MBs so I dunno. ???

You’re welcome Goose. :wink: But don’t take my word for it. Test it yourself. :slight_smile:

I get slow downs under active mode. Downloads on a 6MB DSL connections range from 600 KB/sec to 900 KB/sec. Active mode will slow somethings down natural but with KAV I was waiting 10 seconds for most sites to come in including this one.

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.672 has been released in Czech (CSY), English (ENU) languages for licensed users, with other languages and trial editions to follow.

This release contains the following changes:

* Fixed crash under x64 versions of Microsoft Windows Vista

Licensed users can download copies from ESET’s web site at http://www.eset.com/download/. For more information or to request an evaluation copy, contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.

Josh

my vipre trial is expired so i quess im gonna try nod ;D

This is why I don’t like NOD32 :slight_smile:

Watch all 3 parts :slight_smile:

And watch the re-review made on August 12 2008

I watched it. Pretty cool but the only thing it missed was adware. But this is why I run SAS and MBAM also. His review of Avast and KAV are good also. Avast does a good job which is why I install it on my families pc’s.

some friend uses nod32, i told him to try killing process with tools coded to kill process with lot of methods and he succeeded to kill nod32 process so i’m not sure nod32 is that good. maybe new version fixed that… but he uses last build i think (the all in one).
KAV protects its own process better and i never succeeded to end process with version 8.0

Hey thanks Comm for that link. I just wish KAV 09 wasn’t so buggy and slow. Maybe I will try it again.

NP Vette. :slight_smile: I was suspicious for a long time, that NOD32 aims just for tests. It detects the popular viruses and trojans, but if the peace of malware is not so widely spread 7 chances out of 10 that it will fail to detect.
Of course, that test just showed the removal capabilities of the program and I bet NOD32 would detect and block Virus Heat, but I still don’t trust it. I’s easily killed, it crashes as you can see when it meets a popular VirtuaMonde virus. In fact, If you watch all the reviews, NOD32 did one of the worst job there.
Basically that guy proved things I already knew long before :slight_smile:

I was surprised that Avast did so good but thats cause of its boot scan. Man was that an infected pc.