Eset NOD32 [Merged Threads] [Discussion]

Goose you need to add Frostwire to the web browsers. Then add it to the active mode. Works for me. I also have Frostwire and uTorrent under active mode.

That’s it ! I completly lost my faith with NOD32 >:( It’s plain awfull. Right now, right this minute, I have a P4 computer witch had NOD32 installed. It has a 3 GHZ proccesor and 1 GB RAM. OS is Windows XP Pro. I’ve just made a scan with Avira. 52 malware samples detected !!! 52 !!! :o
Gonna make a scan with SAS now. But this comp is now on reinstall list >:(

1. Sure you had on-acces enabled Commodus ???

Xan

It’s not my comp. Everything was enabled. Everything on defaults. This PC belongs to a cute girl :stuck_out_tongue: She knows nothing about PC’s. She never installs anything or adjusts any settings. :slight_smile:

Yeah right,

you just installed some remotely so that she could admire you ;D, and afterwards have ***
Nod32 is a great av, but I liked V2 more

Xan

Right !!! Go me ! >:( I don’t even know her, she and her boyfriend (■■■■ it ;D) brought this comp to me to fix it. Because Office didn’t work, mail didn’t work and IE was going nuts (v7 IE)

Errr…

■■■■■ office, give her Hotmail, and kill IE and put a decent browser on it :).
But wth, I still don’t believe this happened to NOD32, I’m sure she disabled it when visiting … :P0l

Xan

SAS found 1 more malware ! >:( I can’t believe it !

When I reinstall this POS, I’ll install FireFox, restrict access to IE. But NOD has to go ! Avira takes place. Girls likes umbrellas more :wink:

EDIT : 3 more malware detected by SAS at the end >:( Jeeez !

Christ, like a malware is going to harm you …, use a decent antispyware Ashampoo antispyware ;D (sorry guys, joke between Commodus and me :))

Post a hijackthis loggie here, so I can analize it :slight_smile:
But if you do, I’ll split it ok and move it in a decent section… :slight_smile:

Xan

No point in playing with hijack. The comp is ■■■■■■■. Ya see I got this rule - if I find malware and I have a permission to reinstall, I reinstall from scrach. Cos malware usually leaves traces behind and ■■■■ like that. Plus, I like reinstalling. People usually are happy with my work, cos they pick up their comp clean, fast, optimized (all stupid services disabled), with good free software and nice, light themes applied :slight_smile: No extra charge for that :a0

yeah right you just do what I tell you to do ;D

Install nod32 again and see what it gives…

Xan

Comm has a crip against NOD32. He is a KAV fan boy. Did you check off "potentiality harmful software?.LOL.

You know, I might just do that, cos NOD’s license is valid for 5 more months :slight_smile: But I’ll tell them to be very carefull.

P.S. I’m not a KAV fanboy and I do not post screenshots with large K as someone did ;D (just kidding Vett)

I’m a fan of good programs, that’s it. Avira, Avast, BitDefender - they do their job well enough.

Fanboy !!!

;D ;D ;D

Have you checked the settings ? Also weren’t the infections not just tracking cookies?

Xan

Did you do an “In Depth Scan”?

I made an In-Depth scan with strict-cleaning and max heuristics and NOD came clean. :slight_smile:

No, no tracking cookies. Just full list of trojan-droopers and downloaders >:(

free download manager aint a virus ;D.

What type of trojans ?

Xan

Exactly. FDM is completely safe but sometime the Upload program can be flagged as a false positive.

There is no download manager ! ;D All she downloads are some pictures, music and documents. Usually from another friend through Skype :slight_smile: I don’t know if she visit’s pr0n pages (obviously won’t tell me ;D) but still if she does - there shouldn’t be 56 viruses in her comp ? ??? 88)

Sure there not FP? Tracking cookies arent spyware/malware either. Sorry Comm I know you know this. I have never seen a pc that infected and I visit all sites and download everything.