Eset NOD32 [Merged Threads] [Discussion]

Avast is good. Even better at blocking malware. :slight_smile:

Hahahahaha, if you think that’s a heavily infected PC, with just over a 100 malware samples, you haven’t seen really infected PC’s :smiley:

You should post that YouTube link over at Wilders.

I’m not registered there, and I don’t want them to send proffesional assassins to kill me. ;D

his reviews are cool indeed, watched them all ;D in the re-review nod32 did find everything but left the pc is a bad state. o well im using nod32, it works (:KWL)

NOD32 did not find everything. Did you watch closely? Still has tons of adware. Watch his review on KAV 09 and even Avast does better. I lost faith in NOD32 and have always loved it. NOD32 froze up. Webbie just 8 hours ago you were using Drive Sentry. LOL.

I still don’t get you guys.

You base your opinions in one review,without knowing what was the set of malware that was placed on the machine.

Also, what if the set of malware would be a totally different one? Couldn’t the results have been different?

Does this review make of NOD32 not so good and others better than it?

Also don’t forgot no antispyware or antivirus detects and eliminates everything. That’s why we do not use just an antivirus or just an antispyware. Am I wrong?

But that guy pretty much told the stuff he used on that machine, when he zooms in you can see what’s there. It’s all the popular malware. And he uses the same set of samples on every review, so compare them and you’ll see that NOD32 did worst than Avast, Avira, Spyware Doctor with Antivirus, Kaspersky, Norton !!!

If the malware set was different, maybe the results would differ of course, but it shows the removal capabilities of malware that has been on the Net for quite some time and NOD32 did a poor job at cleaning spyware, adware.

I wouldn’t bash on NOD32 so much if it woudn’t be so ■■■■■■■ overrated. People think it’s totally the best in all areas, that it kicks the **** out every other security app. And as you can see, it’s not true. Avira and Avast (both free) did a better job, while NOD32 is expensive.

The test is real world. I really thank Comm for posting it. Its not a review company just posting some stats. Its a rela live install and video.

Yes, but you can’t just judge NOD32 based on the detection/deletion of the set of malware prepared for it and all other other AVs he reviewed.

My point is what if someone makes a comparison between AVs with a set of malware totally different and NOD32 performs better. Would you change your opinion, and say once again that NOD32 is the greatest?

What if someone else brings out a totally different test with a different set of malware and Rising Antivirus performs better? Will everyone be swithing for Rising?

What if next day someone else brings out a new test with a new set of malware and no AV were able to get rid of nothing (lets assume). Would you all ditch you AVs?

Edit: I am not defending Eset or anything like that. I just don’t understand it, that’s it.
I am using Eset NOD32, just 'cos I won a 1 year license.

Dark, you have a totally good point. :-TU I’m not saying - ditch NOD32 and grab something else. Nothing’s perfect. The point is to show people not to think that NOD32 is a god and that you need an antispyware like SAS or MBAM to accompany NOD.

You see, in my town almost every person who has a PC uses a NOD. Cracked or legal (mostly cracked of course ;D) And praise it to no end. I’m so sick of that. When NOD fails, they blame M$ or something, but never blaime NOD. They never test it ! When I say, stop looking for cracks (that’s the best way to get an infection in the first place) and install free Avast or Avira, they say “F****k you”. You don’t understand what you are talking about. NOD IS GOD.

yea but lol did ya guys read this on his blog?
Due to the crazy NOD supporters, I have re-reviewed NOD32 V3.

This time NOD32 was configured to detect potentially unwanted software and did in fact remove all rogue antimalware products this time (you’ll see that in part 2 of the video which I have not made yet)

That’s what I’m talking about. FanBoys ■■■■ me off. They will always continue saying the same phrase. There favorite is the best. There in no BEST ! Period.

But somehow, NOD fanboys are the worst and most annoying. ;D

Of course, no AV will detect it all, nor will an AS detect it all, nor will a HIPS prevent it all, etc, etc, etc… We just do the best we can to protect our system (including safe web practices) and hopefully nothing will get in our system, and nothing will scare us like hell, just like SAS did to me >:-D

And there is no point of paying for an AV, as according to CERT they let pass 20% of the infections, meaning that you are paying for 80% of effectiveness. So, stick with the freebies, at least, while they still exist… 'cos if they fail to protect, then at least we can’t complaint they failed to protect, and that we have wasted money for nothing. :wink:

He did redo the test. Check out his site. Even with everything checked off the pc was left unstable amd still infected. The review is Aug 13 and he said its a redo.

True Dark. Avast and Comodo make a great combo. Avast is a great av but just ugly GUI. I have Avast on all my families pc’s.

Yeah the main GUI of Avast! sort freaks me out, but there are a few that are OK and that people can use. They’re available for download at the Avast! site. For those who didn’t know about, it’s a tip. :wink:

i don’t realy like avast, don’t feel protected with it. For now im gonna use nod32. I fhink the new version of nod, nod64 will have 2 the protection (:KWL)

Nod64? What? I have not heard anything about this :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Webbie isnt English speaking so its hard to understand him at times. You need to make Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers then put them in active mode for the best protection.

haha i was joking ;D and yea sorry for the english it’s not always to good (:SHY)