Drive Sentry [merged thread]

the cfp d+ is good but if you dont know what that file is then what,thats why ds advisor/community is a good feature as will be threatcast for my pc anyhow with wife and kid using it

DS v3.1 does not support x64 yet. :frowning: I really wanted to try this out. It seems like a great application. It would be cool to run it along with Comodo software. My girlfriend uses x32 so I think I will tell her to try it out. :slight_smile:

oh one more thing
it’s not for someone who has slow internet connection :o
the installer only 1.7mb, small,easy to download. but synchronizing database takes 2 hours for me using broadband connection (yes, it’s slow), maybe 2 months using my mouter 88)

yeah Ganda long update process… I guess so far that WAS the only downside - But the installer was 1.7mb so I can’t complain :slight_smile:

System restore? Do you do that after every application you uninstall? lol.

I had that message once, I just restarted and it was fixed. Must be a bug

no problem here on XP2. :-TU
i hope its AV part is as good as the other AV coz i replaced avast with this, and my comp become faster.

maybe he just do system restore right away, it’s easier than uninstalling. :stuck_out_tongue:

errr i don’t (:TNG) i use admin account all the time.

edit:
i get the same warning when i logged on to limited user account
now we have reason to invite katie here :-TU

Yes I get the same error when I made a Limited user account. IF someone has a willders account… Could you ask Katie to pop by? And maybe temp ban Ganda while she is logged on. (:LOV) (:LGH)

:BNC (:HUG)

Hi everyone!

Hi & welcome to the Comodo forum! :slight_smile:

LA

Hello, (:WAV) May I ask you for a cup of coffee ? (:HUG)

(Quickly guys, ban Ganda ;D)

No more !ot! from me

OK… now here is the question that I’ve been waiting to ask…

If I’m using CFP V3, an AV (currently using Rising free for on access- which is workin well for me so far) + Avira-free - on demand only/scanning as a backup…)

1. Why would I want Drive Sentry as well?
  2. Why would I remove one of the others and use DriveSentry?

Cheers!

Hey Katie! Welcome to the forums.
I sent a message to drive sentry, Is that why your here?

Question; Are you aware of the problem with Limited user accounts?

so what? ??? LOL :slight_smile:
i wanna ask questions! me first! me me me :BNC

i replace avast with Dsentry few days ago. i read on wilder :

This gives people the option to use DriveSentry as a standalone security solution or as an extra layer of defence alongside their existing security software.

1. can i replace my main AV with Dsentry? is it alone enough? does it have/will have webshield/mail scanner as well?
  2. what about its malware database compared to other AV?
  3. i already useCFP3 Defense+, do you think there will be no conflict between those two?
    i rarely install new program, so the only pop up message i get is from Dsentry, and now those 2 (D+ & DS) are quiet, but i’m curious what will happen if i install/run a new application.
    (:WAV)

Katie, I just have a simple question. :smiley: When will DS support 64 bit Vista? I really want to try DS after hearing many great things about it, and it’s suppose to be compatible with CFP’s D+, so it would be an extra layer of security. :slight_smile:

Thanks

PS. Yes, someone ban Ganda temporarily. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah it seems the best we ban Ganda from this topic as his hormones become to unstable ;D.

@ Katie DS : Hey (:WAV). We hope you will have a nice time here and can help many users out. :wink:

Xan

Off Topic
Seems eXPerience want ban his rivals,hihi, you know, hormons too :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got the same question:
Is DS compatible with D+??

I think they’re compatible, but don’t see the need for it except when you have no AV :).

Off Topic Seems eXPerience want ban his rivals,hihi, you know, hormons too :P
You know nothing about me 8)

Xan

but i can’t find tho option to turn off Drivesentry HIPS ??? so it leave me no choice other than use them both or completely remove one of them. (yeah, we can disable D+ but… 88) )

Hi Roy!

DriveSentry is takes a new approach to that of trad’ antivirus software in that it combines antivirus, antispyware and HIPS technologies. It also uses unique whitelisting technologies, along with a fast growing blacklist of over 1.2 million known malware signatures and the added bonus of community Advice and behavioural technology.

DS automatically blocks and quarantines the bad (known malware), automatically allows the good (whitelisted programs) and queries the unknown. So it protects you from known and unknown malware!

ALSO its absolutely FREE with the option of a $10 upgrade which enables automatic signature updates. After 30 days the free version will alert you when your DB needs to be synchronized with Drivesentry’s online Advisor DB (which stores community stats, blacklisted and whitelisted program identities).

Keeping your DB up-to-date ensures that you can enjoy fully automated protection from the latest threats!

thanks,

Kate (:NRD)